View Poll Results: Who do you think is responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Some individual(s) with Islamist roots

    8 22.86%
  • Home-grown anti-government individual(s)

    15 42.86%
  • North Korea

    0 0%
  • Other

    12 34.29%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

  1. #1
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    ...for the Boston Marathon Massacre? Not saying I'm sure about it but with all the smack they've been talking lately it did cross my mind.

    I do think there's a 99% chance its either Islamist, domestic anti-government ala McVeigh since it was on Tax Day or North Korean.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #2
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    ...for the Boston Marathon Massacre? Not saying I'm sure about it but with all the smack they've been talking lately it did cross my mind.

    I do think there's a 99% chance its either Islamist, domestic anti-government ala McVeigh since it was on Tax Day or North Korean.
    I heard on the news this morning that a Saudi was under guard in the hospital. I think he's been arrested. He was caught running from the scene, claiming that he was just running away. (Makes sense to me.) If the news reports are true, they executed a search warrant on his home and have taken several bags of evidence from it that they think are tied to the bombings. Sounds very iffy to me . . . but they're reporting it...

    Arrest here: Two dead in Boston Marathon blasts, one is 8-year-old boy - Breaking News, Local News, Local Weather, Local Sports
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    my guess is that NK has nothing to do with it.

    probably some extremist individual or group, foreign or domestic.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    I dont know that NK had anything to do with it, but when I heard about the bombs a suicide bomber and NK came to mind.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    ...for the Boston Marathon Massacre? Not saying I'm sure about it but with all the smack they've been talking lately it did cross my mind.

    I do think there's a 99% chance its either Islamist, domestic anti-government ala McVeigh since it was on Tax Day or North Korean.
    What do they gain? North Korea has a history of terrorism but that ended in the 1980s, and until it can be shown they'd of actually gained something from the bombing I see no reason to suspect it was them.

  6. #6
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I heard on the news this morning that a Saudi was under guard in the hospital. I think he's been arrested. He was caught running from the scene, claiming that he was just running away. (Makes sense to me.) If the news reports are true, they executed a search warrant on his home and have taken several bags of evidence from it that they think are tied to the bombings. Sounds very iffy to me . . . but they're reporting it...

    Arrest here: Two dead in Boston Marathon blasts, one is 8-year-old boy - Breaking News, Local News, Local Weather, Local Sports
    I heard a Saudi student had been questioned, his place searched and was being guarded. The report I heard made it sound like he was likely just running in the race like everybody else but drew suspicion due to his ethnicity. Interesting.
    Last edited by Smeagol; 04-16-13 at 10:59 AM.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Why not wait and see what the official investigation reports? These kind of threads will just serve to create an irrational hype and fear of something that may not even exist.

  8. #8
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    What do they gain? North Korea has a history of terrorism but that ended in the 1980s, and until it can be shown they'd of actually gained something from the bombing I see no reason to suspect it was them.

    In my humble opinion all bets are off with respect to North Korean precedent since the guy calling the shots now has only been in charge for a year and seems far more volatile than his father. Plus he's been openly declaring his UNCONDITIONAL intentions to attack America without warning. Anybody else with nuclear weapons saying they fully intend to carry out attacks on America would be taken with the utmost seriousness especially considering he's already launched missiles without provocation on a residential neighborhood in South Korea under the argument that the island he attacked is part of North Korea but for some reason when it comes to North Korea some people act like we're supposed to think he's just kidding.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  9. #9
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Why not wait and see what the official investigation reports? These kind of threads will just serve to create an irrational hype and fear of something that may not even exist.
    ??? I honestly can't see whatever fear and hype that would be caused by being openly curious as to who do you think is responsible not being exponentially overshadowed by the fear and hype of the actually terrorist attack, seeing blood in the streets on TV and hearing reports of numerous people being rushed into amputation surgery. Maybe I'm different.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  10. #10
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    ...for the Boston Marathon Massacre? Not saying I'm sure about it but with all the smack they've been talking lately it did cross my mind.
    I would think it HIGHLY unlikely. It's really not their type of MO.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •