View Poll Results: Who do you think is responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Some individual(s) with Islamist roots

    8 22.86%
  • Home-grown anti-government individual(s)

    15 42.86%
  • North Korea

    0 0%
  • Other

    12 34.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    ...for the Boston Marathon Massacre? Not saying I'm sure about it but with all the smack they've been talking lately it did cross my mind.

    I do think there's a 99% chance its either Islamist, domestic anti-government ala McVeigh since it was on Tax Day or North Korean.
    I think it is either an al quaeda operative or a person impersonating their tactics to stir up **** and create terror.

    Tragic ... yet all evil people please know the good people and the helpers outnumber you ...!

  2. #22
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    I think it will be a foreign born or first generation American student.

  3. #23
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    No. NK never occurred to me as a possibility.

    I always thought Mideast or domestic.... roughly 50/50 shot each (at the time, before more info came out).
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #24
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    ...for the Boston Marathon Massacre? Not saying I'm sure about it but with all the smack they've been talking lately it did cross my mind.

    I do think there's a 99% chance its either Islamist, domestic anti-government ala McVeigh since it was on Tax Day or North Korean.
    I highly doubt it was North Korea.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #25
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Other. The reason I think other is because of the timing, it was Kim Il Song's birthday, but it was also "tax day", but there have been IEDs in the middle east that used pressure cookers loaded with projectiles so it at this time could be anyone. I don't think NK had anything to do with it but an NK sympathizer might have, it could have been a lone wolf nutcase, it could have been a domestic group, or it could have been a middle east terrorist group but there are too many variables to make any kind of educated guess.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #26
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,862

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    ...for the Boston Marathon Massacre? Not saying I'm sure about it but with all the smack they've been talking lately it did cross my mind.

    I do think there's a 99% chance its either Islamist, domestic anti-government ala McVeigh since it was on Tax Day or North Korean.
    Nope, just you.

    It will be domestic.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #27
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    If I was to guess, I'd say the FBI photos of the suspects look like a couple of those foreign students that Kerry was complaining are scared to come to America because of the guns.

  8. #28
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Nope, just you.

    It will be domestic.
    Possibly, but not quite sure. There are a few x variables here that kind of muddy the water, no claim leads away from Islamic extremists, but the bomb type leads in their direction. Lack of claim seems to point to domestic, but it was a civilian target which doesn't fit the domestic profile. It was Kim Il Song's birthday but NK wouldn't have done something that small scale, possibly a sympathizer. Something tells me lone wolf or a couple of rogues BUT even then one would think the target would be more specific.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #29
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,862

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Possibly, but not quite sure. There are a few x variables here that kind of muddy the water, no claim leads away from Islamic extremists, but the bomb type leads in their direction. Lack of claim seems to point to domestic, but it was a civilian target which doesn't fit the domestic profile. It was Kim Il Song's birthday but NK wouldn't have done something that small scale, possibly a sympathizer. Something tells me lone wolf or a couple of rogues BUT even then one would think the target would be more specific.
    I would be willing to bet you a Pepsi on this, LMR - are you in!?
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #30
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Is it just me or did it cross anybody else's mind NK MIGHT be responsible ....

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    I would be willing to bet you a Pepsi on this, LMR - are you in!?
    No bet, too many variables. I think I'd have better odds at Three Card Monte. I keep going back to domestic myself, but then other variables keep pulling me in the other directions.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •