View Poll Results: How important is voting?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very

    39 63.93%
  • Important, but futile

    7 11.48%
  • Meh

    4 6.56%
  • Not very

    2 3.28%
  • Not at all

    3 4.92%
  • Other

    6 9.84%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: How important is voting?

  1. #91
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: How important is voting?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i know you will not like this and just cannot accept it, but because people can vote for what is in their personal interest, for all 3 federal politicians, it is causing the downfall of america......because of greed of ones self..
    And here I thought that's what all you Libertarians championed, a society build on individual choices and personal greed - Oh, I'm sorry, "personal self interest".

    Guess that only counts if it's YOUR self-interest.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: How important is voting?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    How important is voting?

    1. Very.
    2. Important, but futile.
    3. Meh.
    4. Not very.
    5. Not at all.
    6. Other


    Are you part of the solution, or are you part of the problem?

    • If you're an idiot/uninformed voter, you're part of the problem. You're lazy and/or a sucker for the politicians.
    • If you don't vote at all, because you don't care (and, hence are probably not even here at Debate Politics to read this), you're part of the problem. You're letting the politicians have their way unchallenged.
    • If you don't vote at all, because you think it's futile, you're part of the problem. I don't give a rat's arse how informed you are, or even if you're correct in your conclusions, you're still a sucker for the politicians by providing complicit approval for their actions.
    • I'd rather you be incorrect and vote (provided you're sincere and earnest in your research), than correct and not vote. You may not be correct in your conclusions, but at least you're not a sucker or an enabler. I can accept that.


    Personally, I don't deny the feelings of futility, but at the very least I'm not approving and I can say, "Don't blame me, I didn't approve of what they're doing(by either my action or inaction)."
    I vote, but I wonder sometimes if it matters. I still do it though. I figure I have nothing to lose, so why not?

  3. #93
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: How important is voting?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    And here I thought that's what all you Libertarians championed, a society build on individual choices and personal greed - Oh, I'm sorry, "personal self interest".

    Guess that only counts if it's YOUR self-interest.
    i said .......vote...here is why!

    The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.-- federalist 47

    do you need a translation of this?

  4. #94
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: How important is voting?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i said .......vote...here is why!

    The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.-- federalist 47

    do you need a translation of this?
    I'd like to see a real answer from you instead of preaching. It's too bad you can't seem to tell the difference.

    What you've posted, taken at face value, implies there can never be anything but tyranny.
    As usual, out of context quotes seldom lead to good results.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #95
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: How important is voting?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i know you will not like this and just cannot accept it, but because people can vote for what is in their personal interest, for all 3 federal politicians, it is causing the downfall of america......because of greed of ones self..
    Are you saying that people in the 'approved' classes (land owners, taxpayers, whatever) aren't voting for THEIR self-interests?

    Hint: The correct answer is "Yes, of course they are (were)", and that's why they set it up that way.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #96
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: How important is voting?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Are you saying that people in the 'approved' classes (land owners, taxpayers, whatever) aren't voting for THEIR self-interests?

    Hint: The correct answer is "Yes, of course they are (were)", and that's why they set it up that way.

    no it was not set up that way!

    when anyone votes, THEY always vote in their own self interest, that is a fact of life, and the founders, and the ancient Greeks say it too.

    this is why this line: "The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.-- federalist 47

    this is why the founders created republican government, not democratic government, ..because they did not want the people voting directly for every federal politician.........only your congressman.

    that is why the senators and the electoral college, has the direct vote in those two positions of power.

    if you give the people all of the power directly, that is majority rule and dangerous, and it leads to tyranny., as stated in federalist 47

  7. #97
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: How important is voting?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no it was not set up that way!

    when anyone votes, THEY always vote in their own self interest, that is a fact of life, and the founders, and the ancient Greeks say it too.

    this is why this line: "The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.-- federalist 47

    this is why the founders created republican government, not democratic government, ..because they did not want the people voting directly for every federal politician.........only your congressman.

    that is why the senators and the electoral college, has the direct vote in those two positions of power.

    if you give the people all of the power directly, that is majority rule and dangerous, and it leads to tyranny., as stated in federalist 47
    Just because federalist 47 said so doesn't necessarily make it so. Based on what you're saying here, all federalist 47 did was exchange one tyranny for another, with neither being particularly ideal or better than the other.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #98
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: How important is voting?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Just because federalist 47 said so doesn't necessarily make it so. Based on what you're saying here, all federalist 47 did was exchange one tyranny for another, with neither being particularly ideal or better than the other.
    no federalist 47 is why we had a ...............mixed constitution, federalist 40.

    to separate power between the states and the people, as not to give the people to much direct power or they will become tyrannical, using majority rule, as democracy does, which the founders hated, because it sooner or later will destroy itself.

  9. #99
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,548

    Re: How important is voting?

    As far as I am concerned, if you don't vote you do not have an ethical/moral right to complain about the government.

  10. #100
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: How important is voting?

    Itís all a sham, a dog and pony show, a rigged game.
    Beh!
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •