View Poll Results: Vote:

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there probably are more abortion doctors like Gosnell

    24 80.00%
  • No, Gosnell is an anomaly

    6 20.00%
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 268

Thread: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

  1. #61
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,169

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Seriously? Who?
    Vik. He kind of wants to go back to the old mores of reproduction and family building, combined with some brand of nationalism, for want of a better.

  2. #62
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    A professor in college once told me that the frontlines in debate are who controls the definitions, and you demonstrate your understanding of this fact bluntly, if not necessarily admirably. So when you say that there are posters on this board who have advocated for infanticide I think I can safely assume that this is not true.
    So basically you just want to make ****ty passive aggressive personal attacks and to deny reality... Rock on, broheim.

    So if it's left for me to determine that if you're the sort that is gracious when proven wrong, or shameless, I'd guess the latter.

    Just the same, the post history of Viktyr and GEXI are available to you at your leisure. Cheers.

  3. #63
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,169

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    So basically you just want to make ****ty passive aggressive personal attacks and to deny reality... Rock on, broheim.

    So if it's left for me to determine that if you're the sort that is gracious when proven wrong, or shameless, I'd guess the latter.

    Just the same, the post history of Viktyr and GEXI are available to you at your leisure. Cheers.
    To be fair, he's not unreasonable for assuming what you say is less than accurate because, well... it usually is.

    But let it never be said I'm not fair enough to give you credit when it's due.

  4. #64
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Vik. He kind of wants to go back to the old mores of reproduction and family building, combined with some brand of nationalism, for want of a better.
    Ah yes. Vik. Some of the things he says can be pretty far off the reservation.

  5. #65
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The more you restrict it, the more they will go elsewhere, that's the unintended consequence.
    Which is a silly concept to govern by. Like saying, hey, we restrict pedos too much, they are just driven to Thailand by regulation.

    Much of that regulation is for patient safety. No matter where you set the bar some base criminal like this will always offer a way under it.

  6. #66
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    He was unlicensed according to the article.
    The resident who was unlicensed was the one giving the statement, not the abortion doc.

  7. #67
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    So basically you just want to make ****ty passive aggressive personal attacks and to deny reality... Rock on, broheim.

    So if it's left for me to determine that if you're the sort that is gracious when proven wrong, or shameless, I'd guess the latter.

    Just the same, the post history of Viktyr and GEXI are available to you at your leisure. Cheers.
    1) You falsely frame people's positions to control the definitions, so I'm not wrong. Calling people "pro abortion" is a perfect example. Actually, the term "pro life" is an example of this too, you just take it to the next level.
    2) While I'm surprised that there is in fact someone who may have come out in favor of infanticide (though I'd still have to see the context), that's not a pro-choice thing (or even an abortion thing), that's a crazy thing.

  8. #68
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    You answered your own question, Josie. "We cannot let clinics go without inspection for years on end..." The outraged should be directed at the officials who shirked their duty to protect the Gosnell's patients. If they had done that, he would have been shut down in the 80's.
    I agree with that, but the inspectors really don't exist. These clinics are so shielded by privacy laws, what normally may have been caught in a regular clinic goes unreported here. We can't say how many women have been scarred or even died as a result of abortion clinics, the numbers out there vary depending upon the bias of whom you're talking to.

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,923

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I agree with that, but the inspectors really don't exist. These clinics are so shielded by privacy laws, what normally may have been caught in a regular clinic goes unreported here. We can't say how many women have been scarred or even died as a result of abortion clinics, the numbers out there vary depending upon the bias of whom you're talking to.
    Here?

    There are state agencies in Pennsylvania that are supposed to have inspectors charged with examining conditions in clinics like Gosnell's. The filth alone would have closed him down, without touching privacy, though I understand he taught ultra scan technicians how to cheat the angle so that the fetus was measured by the machine as smaller than it was. He was compelled by law to back up his records, so to me, that speaks to him expecting some agency would be looking into his practices. If there were no inspectors or departments examining is records, why even do that much? I guess I'm saying I'm skeptical that inspectors don't exist, but I agree, there was a multiple agency failure to close Gosnells down.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  10. #70
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    1) You falsely frame people's positions to control the definitions, so I'm not wrong. Calling people "pro abortion" is a perfect example. Actually, the term "pro life" is an example of this too, you just take it to the next level.
    2) While I'm surprised that there is in fact someone who may have come out in favor of infanticide (though I'd still have to see the context), that's not a pro-choice thing (or even an abortion thing), that's a crazy thing.
    I had you pegged right: utterly shameless. You accused me of lying, appropriate of nothing; when noting the reality that there are, in fact, posters here who do not believe in birth personhood, which is all I had stated, you doubled down because of course, you couldn't be wrong.


    Furthermore, it's no more and no less "crazy" to want to deny the human rights of neonates than it is to deny the human rights of that same organism a few minutes or even a few months before. Frankly, it's logically consistent - it's not as though a newborn exhibits the higher order sentience or sapience that is a hallmark of our species and the basis for our rights.

    In any event, it stands to reason that those in the pro-abortion camp who do believe in restricting personhood from newborns would not condemn Gosnell for infanticide.



    As a final aside, pro-abortion and anti-abortion are simple, accurate terms. I assume most people like life and choice as general, nebulous concepts, very few hold the consistent life ethic, and fewer still are anarchists opposed to the very idea of laws banning violence. So I will continue to use accurate terms, thanks.
    Last edited by JayDubya; 04-15-13 at 04:38 PM.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •