View Poll Results: Vote:

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there probably are more abortion doctors like Gosnell

    24 80.00%
  • No, Gosnell is an anomaly

    6 20.00%
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 268

Thread: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

  1. #51
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    And "going elsewhere" has the same results - the only difference is Gosnell was sloppy.
    Yes, but why?

    So ban guns and only criminals will have guns, right?

    There is every reason in the world why a woman who wants an abortion might not want to submit herself to a lecture from someone who knows nothing about her. There is every reason in the world why a woman might not want to be forced to wait because some sanctimonious politician doesn't think she's capable of making reasoned decisions. There is every reason in the world why a teen girl might not want have her parents informed if she thinks it is likely they will threaten or coerce her, and her only option will be to either have an unwanted child or go to court.

    There is every reason in the world why a perfectly reasonable woman would not want to submit themselves to any of these pointless, condescending restrictions. But it's the law.

    So they find a doctor who doesn't follow the law. And since this doctor is willing to ignore THOSE laws, it's more likely he's willing to ignore other laws.

    Create roadblocks for women, and only criminals will take them down.

    And unfortunately, there's no way for the woman to know if he stops at roadblocks, or if his entire practice is shoddy, illegal, and dangerous.

    Plenty of places don't have all these roadblocks. Canada doesn't. Women don't have to seek out a law-breaker in order to have some hope that they'll be treated with respect. And yet, they have lower abortion rates than we do.

  2. #52
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Perhaps this has been addressed already, but I don't understand why this debate is about abortion.

  3. #53
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Perhaps this has been addressed already, but I don't understand why this debate is about abortion.
    I can explain:

    The moral fascists who want to ban abortion think they can convince others of their moral superiority by making dishonest arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #54
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Stop playing these games, in no way what this guy did give any credence to an argument for making abortion illegal. Because he wasn't preforming abortions, he was murdering children, and no pro-choice person is for that, obviously, and to suggest otherwise is just silly.
    That is false.

    Some pro-abortion folks, including on this forum, do not believe that it should be murder to kill an infant. They support legal infanticide.

  5. #55
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    That is false.

    Some pro-abortion folks, including on this forum, do not believe that it should be murder to kill an infant. They support legal infanticide.
    With arguments like this, I can't understand how pro-life and pro-choice haven't come together in mutual understanding by now.

  6. #56
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    With arguments like this, I can't understand how pro-life and pro-choice haven't come together in mutual understanding by now.
    What "argument?"

    It's just stating fact. There are at least two pro-abortion posters on Debate Politics who literally have asserted their support for infanticide, that newborns should not be people with legal protections.

    I made no argument nor even value judgement. But they do exist.

  7. #57
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    What "argument?"

    It's just stating fact. There are at least two pro-abortion posters on Debate Politics who literally have asserted their support for infanticide, that newborns should not be people with legal protections.

    I made no argument nor even value judgement. But they do exist.
    A professor in college once told me that the frontlines in debate are who controls the definitions, and you demonstrate your understanding of this fact bluntly, if not necessarily admirably. So when you say that there are posters on this board who have advocated for infanticide I think I can safely assume that this is not true.

  8. #58
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    A professor in college once told me that the frontlines in debate are who controls the definitions, and you demonstrate your understanding of this fact bluntly, if not necessarily admirably. So when you say that there are posters on this board who have advocated for infanticide I think I can safely assume that this is not true.
    Actually, that's true. Although I only know of one. So at least half-right, if not more. Stopped clock, and all that...
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 04-15-13 at 03:57 PM.

  9. #59
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Do you think there are more Kermit Gosnells in this country? (If you don't know the story, you need to know...)

    Abortion Doctor Trial: Coverage of Kermit Gosnell Case Sparks Debate

    If so, what should be done about this?

    Define "MORE"

    2 or 3 more??

  10. #60
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Actually, that's true. Although I only know of one. So at least half-right, if not more. Stop clock, and all that...
    Seriously? Who?

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •