View Poll Results: Vote:

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there probably are more abortion doctors like Gosnell

    24 80.00%
  • No, Gosnell is an anomaly

    6 20.00%
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 268

Thread: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

  1. #201
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's always nice to see the anti-abortion rights side demonstrate the moral superiority of their side by telling lies about the issue.
    Do you have anything of substance to post or are you just going to piss in the wind?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I don't live in a fantasy land where people never have sex unless they want to be parents. Is that where you live?
    I live in the land of taking responsibility for one's choices, and not passing on the burden to those who had no choice in the matter.

    Apparently you live in a world of no sexual responsibility. It makes the rape metaphor all the more apt.

    I also don't feel some sort of need to punish women for having the audacity to enjoy their sex lives.
    No, just the baby.

    Defenseless indeed. Taking over several organ systems of an adult human hardly seems defenseless.
    Actually its a natural function of the body. I suggest basic sex ed. See your local elementary school.


    I'm sorry, I just can't find it in me to hate women enough for that.
    Good one. Here, let me try.

    I can't find it in me to hate babies enough to justify killing them for other peoples choices. How's that?


    A baby, as a self-sufficient, detached organism, has every right.
    A baby is not a self-sufficient organism. It's still a "parasite" by technical biological definition, and it continues to be until it no longer drains resources from its parents without contributing of its own.

    Do you believe parents have responsibility to take care of the kids they create? Why?

    A ZEF feeding off someone else's livelihood? No.
    A baby doesn't feed off of someone else' livelihood? Interesting, I don't know why so many people waste time supporting them then.

    Because it is clear the woman's rights are so drastically more important.
    I get it. You think you should have the right to kill your baby because you want to have sex in whatever fashion you desire without having to deal with the consequences. I respectfully disagree and I don't consider freedom from responsibility a right.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  2. #202
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I view this as it needs to be viewed

    its a DOCTOR who is, or seems to be VIOLATING and BREAKING LAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS and PROTOCOLS.

    If true he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest of the law.

    as far as what to do about it? not sure. Not sure what all the actual failures are.

    Doctor violations
    Employee violations
    oversight org violations or lack or enforcement, letting things slide etc etc
    According to the grand jury report, the biggest culprit is "letting things slide" because they didn't want to "impede women's access."
    http://www.phila.gov/districtattorne...ensMedical.pdf
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  3. #203
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    According to the grand jury report, the biggest culprit is "letting things slide" because they didn't want to "impede women's access."
    http://www.phila.gov/districtattorne...ensMedical.pdf
    thanks and if thats true that is what needs fixed for all doctors, if we are letting rules and regulations etc slide that needs fixed.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #204
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is why I tend to avoid abortion threads.
    Me as well. It seems this issue allows little reasonable debate, and I suppose I can understand why. Both sides are usually pretty passionate.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  5. #205
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    Me as well. It seems this issue allows little reasonable debate, and I suppose I can understand why. Both sides are usually pretty passionate.
    There is a difference between passionate and dishonest. If you call abortion "murder", you are being dishonest. If you say it is just another medical treatment like every other, you are being dishonest.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #206
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    responsibility
    sorry to quote you like that but i didnt really have anything directly i wanted to quote.
    Im not really familiar with you and your stance that i remember. So i currently have no reason to not think you are among the HONEST and LOGICAL pro-lifers here so i just wanted to ask your opinion on responsibility.

    Some people feel obligated and are driven by morals and responsibility to abort.

    Do you deem them factually wrong or do you just disagree

    and no matter the answer if you want their ability to exercise their opinion taken away by law why?
    why should your opinion be valued higher than theirs and why should it be forced on them, IF thats what you want believe.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #207
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is a difference between passionate and dishonest. If you call abortion "murder", you are being dishonest. If you say it is just another medical treatment like every other, you are being dishonest.

    I can use the term homicide if you prefer, but really it's a matter of semantics. We call acts of dictators "mass murders" even though they're technically not, since the actions were legal under the system they were committed in. We consider it unjust however, and consider the term appropriate. I feel the same way about abortion. I'm engaging in hyperbole, not dishonesty.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J
    sorry to quote you like that but i didnt really have anything directly i wanted to quote.
    Im not really familiar with you and your stance that i remember. So i currently have no reason to not think you are among the HONEST and LOGICAL pro-lifers here so i just wanted to ask your opinion on responsibility.

    Some people feel obligated and are driven by morals and responsibility to abort.

    Do you deem them factually wrong or do you just disagree

    and no matter the answer if you want their ability to exercise their opinion taken away by law why?
    why should your opinion be valued higher than theirs and why should it be forced on them, IF thats what you want believe.
    If I understand what you're talking about, you mean the people who feel they can't give the child a good life and, while they may even want the child, feel they would be making it suffer, so they choose instead to not put it through that experience.

    It's not exactly fair to that person to decide their life isn't worth living for them is the short answer.

    The problem with that line of thinking is that you have a third party deciding whether an individual's life is worthwhile. I don't consider suicide fundamentally immoral, but the decision is an individual one. I don't like the idea of means testing quality of life to decide if people should live or not. Everyone should be given the opportunity to live, and again, if they're lives are unbearable, I don't judge them for ending it of their own free will.

    Once you decide it becomes morally justified to kill another person on the basis of quality of life, you follow a line of thought that leads to some pretty dark places. I may consider your quality of life too low to be worth living, but you may disagree. (I don't actually know what your quality of life is, but you see the point). I don't feel that I have the moral authority to decide that you should therefore not live it, regardless of how certain I am in your misery.
    Last edited by Republic Now!; 04-16-13 at 06:49 PM.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  8. #208
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    1.)Actually abortion is classified as murder if it's not consented to by the mother. I don't make the logical leap that it suddenly it's murder anymore just because our legal system is hypocritical.



    2.)If I understand what you're talking about, you mean the people who feel they can't give the child a good life and, while they may even want the child, feel they would be making it suffer, so they choose instead to not put it through that experience.

    3.)It's not exactly fair to that person to decide their life isn't worth living for them is the short answer.

    4.)The problem with that line of thinking is that you have a third party deciding whether an individual's life is worthwhile. I don't consider suicide fundamentally immoral, but the decision is an individual one. I don't like the idea of means testing quality of life to decide if people should live or not. Everyone should be given the opportunity to live, and again, if they're lives are unbearable, I don't judge them for ending it of their own free will.

    5.)Once you decide it becomes morally justified to kill another person on the basis of quality of life, you follow a line of thought that leads to some pretty dark places. I may consider your quality of life too low to be worth living, but you may disagree. (I don't actually know what your quality of life is, but you see the point). I don't feel that I have the moral authority to decide that you should therefore not live it, regardless of how certain I am in your misery.

    That's a different ethical debate, however.
    1.) this is still inaccurate since abortion doesnt have to kill the ZEF. Killing the ZEF without the mothers consent is murder in some cases not abortion, unless the ZEF dies afterwards and its attribuated to abortion. Just going for accuracy

    2.) yes thats part of it but some of them are driven by other reasons and thier morals.

    3.) I understand your opinion and assignment of that but those people feel its "not exactly fair" to bring that child into the world under the terms you listed and others. Not being a dick just pointing out that this logic brings us back full circle to why are they wrong and you are right.

    im NOT saying you made that claim just pointing out the generality of it.

    4.) 3rd party? im not sure i follow, theres two parties the woman and the ZEF, im guessing you just mean the ZEF isnt making the choice and the ZEF is effected.
    but again since the woman is also directly effected why shouldnt she have any say, IF thats what you believe?
    Her life is at risk, that risk may be minute, it may be large but her life is at risk.

    5.) well person is subjective and "quality of life" wouldnt be the only reason, just a possible reason. And legally there no dark place to go to in my opinion because the whole abortion debate is only a debate because of where the ZEF resides, its a risk of life to the woman and how it becomes viable.

    take that away and the debate is over.

    so "my quality of life" being discussed isnt even close to the same discussion, that example isnt a parallel.
    I would agree you have no right to decide whether i should live because i dont reside inside of you, im already viable and im no threat to you.

    but im guessing you see the difference since you said thats a different discussion.

    Thank you for answering by the way. Always nice to talk to anybody in the abortion threads that isnt extreme and all dishonest because of emotions no matter if they are pro life/choice.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #209
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    I can use the term homicide if you prefer, but really it's a matter of semantics. We call acts of dictators "mass murders" even though they're technically not, since the actions were legal under the system they were committed in. We consider it unjust however, and consider the term appropriate. I feel the same way about abortion. I'm engaging in hyperbole, not dishonesty.
    Other people using the word wrong does not make your usage of the word less wrong. Dishonest hyperbole would be the accurate description of the use of the word murder when it comes to abortion, and you have shown you cannot even claim ignorance.

    By the way, you can be passionate about an issue without using dishonesty or hyperbole. Being passionate is just an excuse.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #210
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-29-14 @ 09:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    360

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Do you think there are more Kermit Gosnells in this country?
    Sure, why not?

    If so, what should be done about this?
    We could start by erasing the stigma to acquiring abortions by the ignorant and the religious, so that women can openly get into contact with licensed, professional, and safe abortion providers and not men like Kermit Gosnell.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •