View Poll Results: Vote:

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there probably are more abortion doctors like Gosnell

    24 80.00%
  • No, Gosnell is an anomaly

    6 20.00%
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 268

Thread: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

  1. #191
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    In the case of legal, I already told you: because I think it does go without saying.

    In the case of rights, I already told you: I would never imply that abortion is a "right."
    What you're left with though is a logically inaccurate term because it only describes half a position. So you need an alternative. And so what if "legal" is added on? We say and write full, complex sentences hundreds of times a day. Is "legal" overwhelming you?

  2. #192
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    That right to murder.
    It's always nice to see the anti-abortion rights side demonstrate the moral superiority of their side by telling lies about the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #193
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    And so, the solution to the known outcome of an action these women choose to engage in is to kill an innocent bystander instead. Brilliant!
    I don't live in a fantasy land where people never have sex unless they want to be parents. Is that where you live?

    I also don't feel some sort of need to punish women for having the audacity to enjoy their sex lives.

    And it falls on women to take responsibility for the sexual acts they choose to engage in. In the meantime, we need to protect those who are defenseless.
    Defenseless indeed. Taking over several organ systems of an adult human hardly seems defenseless.

    I'm sorry, I just can't find it in me to hate women enough for that.

    Jeez, what about the baby? Nah, it has no right to bodily integrity at all. Flush the little turd outta there.
    A baby, as a self-sufficient, detached organism, has every right.

    A ZEF feeding off someone else's livelihood? No.

    I don't understand why nobody on the pro-choice side even bothers considering the child.
    Because it is clear the woman's rights are so drastically more important.

    Then why is this doctors act so wrong? He was just waiting a few extra minutes before he killed them, those things, and playing with the sacks of random flesh a bit. It's not different playing with a scab. Hell, we should give him a medal for his enlightened ethical views.

    Also, comparing a baby to a tumor? You're so enlightened yourself. We have all these tumors walking around that we, for some reason, feel the need to protect.

    Because some people are crazy. Crazy people do all kinds of crazy things.

    You're comparing a ZEF to a baby, so I reckon it's only fair.

    The women consented when she engaged in an act in which that was a known outcome. Having to pay on your debts is not non-consensual when you agree to the terms. The risk of sex is pregnancy. To act as though a woman entered the act without that knowledge is absurd.

  4. #194
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Now YOU are putting words in MY mouth. I didn't imply anything. It was a QUESTION. Obviously you'd rather divert the conversation instead of talking/thinking about the topic.
    This is why I tend to avoid abortion threads. Not only did you try and suggest a reason for my statements that was not in my words anywhere, you then get pissy that I did not answer your questions the exact way I wanted you to. If you do not want an honest discussion, just say so up front.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #195
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    In the case of legal, I already told you: because I think it does go without saying.

    In the case of rights, I already told you: I would never imply that abortion is a "right."
    Oh, by the way, the right to abortion is my position, so I'll call it pro-abortion-rights if I want to. You can't change the name of my position just because you disagree with the position. If you want to change its name you have to explain why it's inherently illogical.

  6. #196
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Well that should be intuitively obvious, it's a poor name because there is no such right and never could be.

  7. #197
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Well that should be intuitively obvious, it's a poor name because there is no such right and never could be.
    As the right exists, you're demonstrably wrong. And you still don't get to change its name just because you disagree with that position. That would be like me calling you a democrat because I disagree with the positions of republicans.

  8. #198
    Guru
    GEIxBattleRifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    1. When you get an abortion, you're literally hiring someone to kill your unborn child.
    2. If that child was a few months older, you'd call it murder.

    3. If that child was a few years older, you'd call the mother a psychopath, evil killer and want the book thrown at her. The fact that the child has just begun to grow doesn't mean he/she is any less a human.

    4. Just because you made a "mistake" doesn't give you the right to take an unborn child's life.

    5. that very thing is legal here in the U.S. Chilling.
    1. Ok?

    2. Yeah but it has nothing to do with the child being a human but a being who is part of the social fabric. You are capable of interacting and develop a relationship with this being because it can respond back to you which the unborn can not big difference

    3. I would call it murder but it has nothing to do with the child being more human less human sort of thing but a being capable of projecting it's own existence into the future. A being capable of deciding what it could do days from now weeks from now etc should not be killed because this being is experimenting with a life of some sort. Placing direct value on it's own existence will make a obligation to perserve it's life in my book. Rather or not it's human is irrelevent

    4. It's ok in my book as the unborn are easily replaceable which is the cold truth

    5. It's legal in Russia, Canada, United Kingdom, China, USA etc it isn't just one nation
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Hanging your hat entirely on the CURRENT legality of something you want to be legal and others want to make illegal does not constitute a salient argument. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    What is "alive" and how does it apply to the fetus?

  9. #199
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Wanting people to use words correctly is a prerequisite for communication. You're not a demon if you can't use words correctly, you're just demonstrating a lack of knowledge about the thing you apparently want to talk about, and that doesn't help you make an argument very well.
    The irony in this post is staggering. DO you have any clue how entertaining to us it is that you make posts like these when you FACTUALLY do not use words correctly? LMAO

    many posters, many times, with many science, biology, medical and dictionary links have factually proven that you use words incorrectly almost daily (at least on the days you post)

    Maybe you should make less hypocritical and intellectually void posts that do not show how severely uneducated you are on this topic.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #200
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Do you think there are more Kermit Gosnells in this country? (If you don't know the story, you need to know...)

    Abortion Doctor Trial: Coverage of Kermit Gosnell Case Sparks Debate

    If so, what should be done about this?
    I view this as it needs to be viewed

    its a DOCTOR who is, or seems to be VIOLATING and BREAKING LAWS, RULES, REGULATIONS and PROTOCOLS.

    If true he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest of the law.

    as far as what to do about it? not sure. Not sure what all the actual failures are.

    Doctor violations
    Employee violations
    oversight org violations or lack or enforcement, letting things slide etc etc
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •