View Poll Results: Vote:

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there probably are more abortion doctors like Gosnell

    24 80.00%
  • No, Gosnell is an anomaly

    6 20.00%
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 268

Thread: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

  1. #141
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I do. Several, actually.

    And Gina, there is one "regular" in the Abortion forum who hasn't posted in the last several days who has referred to a fetus as "garbage" (as well as an invading parasite intent on draining the lifeforce from a woman, etc. Ugly stuff, no matter what your POV).
    Yes, I've seen unborn children referred to as "parasites" many times in the Abortion forum.


  2. #142
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Yes, some are. Pro-life Catholics are.
    Yes, SOME are. You said....

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Do you know that many on the pro-choice side get worked up because the pro-life side is against birth control. I don't know your feeling on the issue, but it's impossible to get an abortion if you're not pregnant.


  3. #143
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Pro-lifers are against birth control? Huh?
    Yes, some are. Pro-life Catholics are.

  4. #144
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    And some of those opposed to abortion rights have called anyone who disagrees with them mass murderers and compared them to Hitler.

    The fact that some pro-choice people make mistakes doesn't mean that abortion is wrong, just as the fact abortion isn't right because some pro-life people make mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #145
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Yes, some are. Pro-life Catholics are.
    And what was your question about that?


  6. #146
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Hilarious that pro-lifers are using this case as an argument against legalized abortion or as a cautionary tale against abortion.

    The bottom line is that Gosnell was a nutcase who broke the law and was as unethical and predatory as a doctor can get. His actions are a reflection of who he is as a person and it's incredibly sad that so many women and children suffered at his hands. His actions are not, however, a reflection of legalized abortion and the responsible medical practices that go along with it, no matter how hard people try to turn into that.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    How do you know it's not common?
    Show me it is. Until you do I have no reason to believe it is. However, given the current state of abortion in the US, there is no reason for it to be common. All facts point to it being an anomaly - these facts being:

    - the legality of abortion in the US - legal in all 51 states.
    - the pricing of abortion - affordable to the overwhelming majority of citizens.
    - the penalties involved in performing legal abortions - quite harsh.

    However, the burden of proof is on those insinuating this is common. Not on those who don't entertain such a ridiculous notion. As it stands, historical patterns show that if abortion were to be made illegal - cases like this would become pretty common and far less of a media circus attraction. Just look at drugs, alcohol and every other banned good & service out there.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    It's interesting how many people are ignoring this thread.
    What you don't realize is that many people don't see the significance in this story that you do. Once you realize that, you'll understand why this thread isn't getting as much attention as you expected.

  9. #149
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The fact that some pro-choice people make mistakes doesn't mean that abortion is wrong
    Of course it does. When you get an abortion, you're literally hiring someone to kill your unborn child. If that child was a few months older, you'd call it murder. If that child was a few years older, you'd call the mother a psychopath, evil killer and want the book thrown at her. The fact that the child has just begun to grow doesn't mean he/she is any less a human.

    Just because you made a "mistake" doesn't give you the right to take an unborn child's life.....except that very thing is legal here in the U.S. Chilling.


  10. #150
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Of course it does. When you get an abortion, you're literally hiring someone to kill your unborn child. If that child was a few months older, you'd call it murder. If that child was a few years older, you'd call the mother a psychopath, evil killer and want the book thrown at her. The fact that the child has just begun to grow doesn't mean he/she is any less a human.

    Just because you made a "mistake" doesn't give you the right to take an unborn child's life.....except that very thing is legal here in the U.S. Chilling.
    I was referring to the arguments that people make to support their position. The fact that some people make poor arguments doesn't mean that abortion is right or wrong. It just means that this individuals argument is wrong.

    And every woman has the right to take an unborn childs life. So you're wrong about that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •