View Poll Results: Vote:

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there probably are more abortion doctors like Gosnell

    24 80.00%
  • No, Gosnell is an anomaly

    6 20.00%
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 268

Thread: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

  1. #121
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Not really. How many times have we heard that abortions are just a simple procedure to rid the woman's body of some cells? It's not anything horrific or inhumane or murderous, they have said. It's just a parasite being removed from the body. It's like taking a tumor out! <<< all things I've heard from pro-choicers about abortions.

    So if you want it to be rare, you must be placing some sort of moral relevance on it. If you have to think long and hard about having an abortion, something must be tugging at your heartstrings about it. Maybe it's NOT just a clump of cells. Maybe it's a human being.
    Those words are not my words, I'm pro choice, but I could never recommend a woman getting an abortion. And I would hope that woman thinks long and hard about her decision to get one.

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,923

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I disagree

    Abortion is *always* a form of birth control.

    The phrase "using abortion as birth control" is an appeal to emotion meant to depict women as irresponsible and heartless. It's propoganda
    You are right and I can accept that statement. It's a hard issue for me sangha, but I do come down on the side of choice.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  3. #123
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I wasn't! You said you couldn't think of the words and I was ASKING you if that's what you thought. There was a QUESTION MARK. Jeez louise.
    You asked if I meant something I did not say, imply, suggest, or was any way related to what I did say.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #124
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Which women here? I haven't seen that and I've done my share of posting in the abortion forums.
    I don't spend much time there anymore because it sickens me to hear these women talk about killing their unborn children and trying to justify it any way they can. I did spend a lot of time there when I first registered here, though..... there were people posting there that aren't here anymore....if that helps you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    It's a moral conundrum for lots of women Josie. "Kinda bad" is not how I would or did describe it. Mercy killing? No I wouldn't use that term either. There is a human growing inside, but not yet a child at gestational point where the greatest number of abortions take place. That is how I view it. I completely understand why a pro-choice woman could not make that decision for herself.
    So would you agree with me that an abortion at any stage is the killing of human life?

    For the record, I wouldn't call it "mercy killing" either because it's not like the child is in any danger or in pain or anything. It's just that the mother doesn't want to carry the child, the mother thinks she cannot be a good mother, the mother thinks that she doesn't have the finances to take care of a child... whatever the reason may be.

    To me, (and this will probably piss people off, but I don't care), most women who have abortions make that decision based on selfishness. "I don't want to be a mother." "I don't have the money to spend on a baby." "I want to have a career without having to take care of a child." "I don't want to be a single mother." And they know they're killing their baby, which is why they have to "think long and hard about it" and realize it's a "moral conundrum." They know exactly what they're doing - it tugs at their heart - it tugs at their moral compass - but they do it anyway. *sigh*


  5. #125
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    It's interesting how many people are ignoring this thread.
    Mostly because the question in and of itself lends itself to be ignored. This isn't common. You're more likely to get killed by some depressed white kid at a high school or a black gang banger in Chicago then you are to run into a clandestine abortion clinic. It's an anomaly and to treat it as anything more than that is absurd. The right wing however keeps trying to make this into an every day thing when they really can't prove such. The left on the other hand ignores the fact that this guy was a sick bastard operating outside the boundaries of what is legally acceptable. End of story and ignoring all the crying from conservatives & liberals:

    1. This guy was performing illegal abortions and in some cases murder.
    2. He hired unqualified people to help perform these.
    3. They should all get the maximum penalty.
    4. None of that has any bearing on the thousands of legal abortions carried out every year in the US.

    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #126
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You asked if I meant something I did not say, imply, suggest, or was any way related to what I did say.
    Now YOU are putting words in MY mouth. I didn't imply anything. It was a QUESTION. Obviously you'd rather divert the conversation instead of talking/thinking about the topic.


  7. #127
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Those words are not my words, I'm pro choice, but I could never recommend a woman getting an abortion. And I would hope that woman thinks long and hard about her decision to get one.
    Would you add an ending to that sentence, please?

    And I would hope that woman thinks long and hard about her decision to get one because....


  8. #128
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This isn't common.
    How do you know it's not common?


  9. #129
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Now YOU are putting words in MY mouth. I didn't imply anything. It was a QUESTION. Obviously you'd rather divert the conversation instead of talking/thinking about the topic.
    It was a "do you still beat your wife?" question
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #130
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "The House of Horrors" Gosnell case

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    How do you know it's not common?
    The same way we know there aren't lots of unicorns running around
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •