View Poll Results: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    62 76.54%
  • No

    19 23.46%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 201

Thread: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

  1. #31
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Like it has been said already the BSA are a private organization and they should be allowed to say who can join.
    And if they choose to engage in discriminatory action excluding gays, they should lose their tax exempt status. You can't have it both ways.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #32
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Sorry but there is one you missed and I paraphrase "Morally straight."
    Morally Straight does not refer to homosexual/heterosexual. Should the boy scout exclude people who have engaged in adultery or people who have frequented prostitutes?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #33
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    A lot of men do in both instances.

    Straight pedophiles rape little girls and gay pedophiles rape little boys.
    Way to miss his point.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #34
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not see why they would not allow openly gay scouts or scoutmasters. There is no logical reason not to allow them.
    That wasn't the question (though it's obvious NP is doing some baiting here). Lots of people do things that have no logical purpose, but that doesn't relate to whether or not said practice should be allowed or disallowed.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    And if they choose to engage in discriminatory action excluding gays, they should lose their tax exempt status. You can't have it both ways.
    Since the government has no business caring about such issues it should have no effect on their tax status.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And that will change if federal discrimination laws are changed. But hey, it's not MY organization that is in jeopardy, so I don't really care.
    Self-centered much?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Self-centered much?
    No, I'm not a conservative.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Since the government has no business caring about such issues it should have no effect on their tax status.
    Well if you want to be technical, the government has no business giving money to an organization such as the Boy Scouts.

    However, neither reflects the reality of what goes on.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well if you want to be technical, the government has no business giving money to an organization such as the Boy Scouts.

    However, neither reflects the reality of what goes on.
    All true. Like always though, there is no reason to make it worse.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    All true. Like always though, there is no reason to make it worse.
    Governments change, laws change. We all have seen that. I'm only saying that if the Boy Scouts want to keep their traditions, the best way is to not be beholden to the government by accepting federal money.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •