View Poll Results: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    62 76.54%
  • No

    19 23.46%
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 201

Thread: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    You do realise many adults get involved in Scouting so they can act like kids, right?
    I concur. Or they get involved enjoying their sons acting like kids.

    One does not get involved with the Elks Club to act like kids.

    The gay activist remind me of the guy in the wheelchair who goes from business to business with a tape rule looking for a violation of the ADA. Measuring how high the mirrors are in the restroom and how wide the aisle are.

    A few years ago I would always be confronted by gays outside of a business gathering signatures to repeal DADT. I always asked them do any of you plan to join the military if DADT is repealed ? I didn't find one who planned on joining the military, they all hated the military.

  2. #92
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    well the poll question is a question for the person on the board to .....answer.

    since it is asking me, ...i would have to referee it back to the scouts, its a decision they are in charge of ,not me, or governments, or any other person not tied to the organization.

    to answer the question yes or no is to get into my feelings on the issue, and i dont like doing that when i have no authority in a situation.

    feelings are the worst thing, especially when it deals with any lawful decisions, that have to be made.

  3. #93
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I concur. Or they get involved enjoying their sons acting like kids.

    One does not get involved with the Elks Club to act like kids.

    The gay activist remind me of the guy in the wheelchair who goes from business to business with a tape rule looking for a violation of the ADA. Measuring how high the mirrors are in the restroom and how wide the aisle are.

    A few years ago I would always be confronted by gays outside of a business gathering signatures to repeal DADT. I always asked them do any of you plan to join the military if DADT is repealed ? I didn't find one who planned on joining the military, they all hated the military.
    You do realize that you are doing precisely what I called you out on: overgeneralizing. Not ALL gays are activists. Not all gays behave in the way that you are presenting.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #94
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    You never heard the gay slogan, "Let's misbehave" ?

    Ever heard of ACT UP ?

    LOL, sounds like you are hip with the gay lingo. something you wanna tell us?

  5. #95
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    LOL, sounds like you are hip with the gay lingo. something you wanna tell us?
    Moderator's Warning:
    Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.Before this goes any further, knock it off.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #96
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The logic is obvious. One of the basic tenets of the Scouts is a belief in God. Agree with it, disagree with it...its not really relevant. Gods word in the Bible is that homosexuality is wrong.

    Well, there are many churches that welcome homosexuals. So which god/bible says it's wrong??

  7. #97
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Do I think they should? Yes. Do I think they should be forced to? No, as long as they don't receive federal money.
    Hypothetical question, which actually might be true: Some hospitals in America are operated at the administrative level by Catholic nuns. They hire male doctors and other staffing but top leadership is reserved for members of of their convent, which would inevitably be all female. Discrimination against males, Muslims, gays, Baptists, married women and the list goes on in their prerequisite to hold executive positions at this hospital. Should they be required to be more inclusive in who they let join the convent or lose the right to accept Medicaid and Medicare patients?


    Second hypothetical question: Should non-parental men be allowed to serve as Girl Scout volunteers helping out in areas that include supervision of girls during overnight camping trips. Maybe a couple of men not biologically related to the girls can take the young ladies for a weekend camping trip in the woods to learn about nature.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  8. #98
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Well, there are many churches that welcome homosexuals. So which god/bible says it's wrong??
    Whichever one you choose to believe in. Or not. The BSA happens to believe the one that says it is wrong.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Yes. Discrimination is inconsistent with the lessons on quality of character that the Boy Scouts aims to teach its members. It probably needs to knock off all of the overtly religious elements, too. The Boy Scouts has a policy of discrimination against non-monotheists as well. With regard to both issues, it is impossible to teach good moral values and discrimination. One precludes the other.



    For example. Moral straightness and discrimination based on sexuality or religion are completely incompatible.
    Not everyone shares the same morality. That said, as long as they are a private organization, they should be able to do what they want withing the bounds of the law.

  10. #100
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Should the boy scouts allow openly gay scouts and scoutmasters.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Whichever one you choose to believe in. Or not. The BSA happens to believe the one that says it is wrong.
    ahhh, so you pick and choose what you want to hate or discriminate. I got it now.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •