View Poll Results: What would you expect a woman to do in this situation?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get a description, stay calm, dont make sudden movements, call the cops later..

    4 12.90%
  • Throw herself at the gunman and fight for her loved ones, because not doing so would be cowardice.

    5 16.13%
  • Other, explain.

    22 70.97%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 194

Thread: What would you expect a woman to do?

  1. #101
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,636

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    This is stupid. How can a woman rape a man?
    Easy. Not all women are dainty, not all men are muscular. An erection is involuntary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #102
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Easy. Not all women are dainty, not all men are muscular. An erection is involuntary.
    So the man is a teenager with no muscle yet in this scenario to have an involuntary erection of a non dainty woman then?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  3. #103
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,636

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    So the man is a teenager with no muscle yet in this scenario to have an involuntary erection of a non dainty woman then?
    First of all, your question doesn't make a lot of sense. I re-read it three times, and still it is unclear. Secondly, you simply said a woman can't rape a man. You didn't qualify your statement with "the man is a teenager with no muscle." You said, "This is stupid. How can a woman rape a man?" I gave you one way. Just one. It's kind of nave to think that a man can't be raped by a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    So the man is a teenager with no muscle yet in this scenario to have an involuntary erection of a non dainty woman then?
    Men can get an erection riding on a bus!!

    There would be one simple way to solve the whole problem..If you are about to get raped..smile at the guy..and say ''Hey honey..how about a blow job??

    Kneel down..push his legs apart and bite his balls as hard as you can..and roll to the back of him..(then he can't hit you)..hold in there until the ambulance arrives to take you both to hospital to get you surgically removed!!

  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    Just be sure you bite down hard enough and that you can run like the wind because if you don't truly incapacitate him, he's then going to kill you.

  6. #106
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    If you're outsized, outgunned, outclassed, chances are that you will be lucky to get only one strike, one chance. And you may have to work to set that strike up.

    For this reason, it is important for everyone to know exactly where that strike should go. Even if you have no training, if you can cup an eye and rip it out, a straight finger strike jab to push the Adam's apple out the back of the neck, grab a testicle and try to crush it, etc., etc.

    The slightest bit of knowledge used forcefully and with all your strength at the right time would be your best and probably only chance so you have to make it work. You have no choice. (If I understood the OP correctly, which was an exercise in itself).
    Last edited by Ray410; 04-13-13 at 01:40 PM.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Just be sure you bite down hard enough and that you can run like the wind because if you don't truly incapacitate him, he's then going to kill you.
    THAT is what I would be afraid of, making an attacker even MORE angry. Nope, I think I'd rather just kill an attacker.

  8. #108
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    If someone broke into her house and held her at gunpoint tell her he/she is going to rape her husband or her kids?
    Most women I've been with would likely be unable to intervene.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #109
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    This may take a bit. Best to read the posts #73 - #256. I had to apologize towards the end because we had backed him into a corner but here you go.

    Start here- http://www.debatepolitics.com/gun-co...control-8.html

    "If they are going to take those things, they will shoot you if you have a gun or not. I would rather them take my car, my wife or my "ass" then be dead."

    "Take it as you like.. But if a guy comes running from 400 yards away with a knife or a gun and my wife just stands there staring at the guy... well.. that's pretty dumb..

    Or if someone is breaking into my house at night.. all my alarms go off.. he tries to break thru my metal door.. finds out he cant after a minute or two and starts looking for windows to break into.. after a minute or two of that.. gets into the house.. and finds the room we are in after a minute or so... and tries breaking the solid oak door in..which would take a few minutes... and my wife is just standing there......
    "

    "If my wife is dumb enough to just stand there and get attacked.. then sorry, nothing I can do about that."

    "Id rather be a coward then dead. My wife will heal and my "ass" will heal. People who's pride is worth more than their life are in my opinion, moronic cavemen."

    He kind of redeems himself with this - "Im not going to jump out of bed then out the window.. im going to grab her ass and throw her out the window if I have to and we will both run to safety."

    But then goes on a different tangent with these in response to a post in which someone states that they had helped a friend who worked at a bar - "Why would she want to work at a bar where she could be physically assaulted every night. Sorry, there are plenty of jobs and I have always thought bartending was a terrible job for a woman who at all cares about their personal safety. Sorry, I would not associate with a bar maid, ever date one or ever marry one. They come with to much trouble. If you want to get shot for one of them, that's on you."

    "If someone handed you a pitch fork and promised you would find a 5 carrot diamond at the end of a nearly collapsing mine, would you go for it knowing you would likely be buried alive and killed.

    Then why would any woman want to work at a bar full of drunk horny dudes.. especially in an area where "thugs" are expected to be a part of the areas demographic. I have never understood that. It seems pretty ignorant to put yourself at that kind of risk for such little money.. or for any amount of money really.
    "

    In all honesty, in fairness to Capster one would have to follow the thread from post #73 to #256 for full context.
    I was about to get upset until you said at the bottom, to read it in the context of the thread. None of those posts state i would just run from anyone trying to attack my wife.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  10. #110
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: What would you expect a woman to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Oh, dude. You made this post to the wrong person.
    Did I now, well we can see that your views are set in stone and you have so much self pride that you are not willing to listen to the other side.

    Because I happen to know exactly where you got all of this, and it ain't from your own head.
    Well, I can't say that I went out and did all the research myself, bud did you go out and do all your reasearch yourself or did you provide us with links? Talk about calling the kettle black.

    You literally sound like an MRA shill, because I have read what feels like nearly these exact words from the loudest screaming heads over on that corner of the internet.
    Does it matter. Do you not think men have the right to speak up about things they are not happy about? Or are they just a bunch of screaming heads. I think by the above comment I can already conclude that the only concerns that matter are the concerns of women. Men are just screaming heads. Without even knowing it, you have already proven my point by making the above comment.

    Here's a couple examples I found on the fly.

    nearly 2 percent of coal miners are women.

    You're still not worth the time for a serious deconstruction, but since I have links for a couple of these on-hand, I'll just blow up a couple of your points as convenience allows.
    I dont see any deconstruction, just facades...



    What you just said is that you're a feminist, but you just don't understand what feminism is.
    I understand exactly what feminism is... Modern feminism has turned against all its founding principles. It started out as a fight for equality. Once it went from fighting for equality, to fighting for the interest of women alone, it was no longer fighting for equality. It is fighting for womens interestes, like a company would fight for its interests by lobying congress. And in business, there is no such thing as equality.



    Men are not belittled for speaking up. Men -- and women -- are belittled for speaking ignorantly.
    No, when women speak up they are patted on the back.

    When men speak up, they are belittled and heckled. You can see this in the media every day. When a man makes a controversial comment, right or wrong, he is raked over the coals in the media.

    When a woman makes a controversial statment about a man, she is applauded.

    I'm as likely to belittle a woman for telling me why I should spell it "wymyn" as I am to belittle a man for telling me it's all a big female plot, and most people are. If you're being belittled as a matter of course, I don't think it's because you're a man.
    So you don't believe it ever happens?



    That's because you didn't bother to look.

    WIM: Women in Mining International Portal
    Women's Mining Coalition
    Again, only 2 percent of coal miners are women......



    Well, they have to start with having combat roles, don't they. The biggest roadblock to this is men.

    And, by the way, women do fight for that.
    WOMEN IN COMBAT | Service Women's Action Network (SWAN)
    We will see.. now that combat roles are opened up for women.. we will see if the percentage improves. However, right now women make up about 20% of the military. Most of which serve in the Navy and Air force. And in both services... the standards for a woman to qualify are much lower than for a male.



    Apparently you're wrong. Although personally, I think the draft registry should be outlawed entirely for men and women both.
    I would disagree. Unless you have an anarchist view, you understand the need for a draft. Every citizen should be expected to protect the country they enjoy the benefits of living in. Call it nationalism, I call it responsibility.



    Once again, you appear to be a lazy researcher.

    And only 3 percent of women work in construction.... hmmm...



    And women make up about 4% of all pilots........

    I spent no more than 10 minutes debunking the majority of the crap you spouted in this post.

    If you want women to take these jobs more often, then I suggest you get behind the dozen or so projects and organizations I just listed rather than whining that they don't exist, when they evidently do.
    You did not debunk anything I said. In fact you did me a service and provided many organizations that are out there to more than support women who want to get into these professions but women make up less than 5% of these professions.

    There is an organization out there to promote women breast cancer awarness and women get 1000% more funding for cancer than men do... Yet, all the organizations you posted that support women in these critical career fields have only managed to get at most 5% of the female populace to sign up...hmmm.. seems like women are picking and choosing to me... and there seems to be no social expectation for them to do so, unlike men.
    Last edited by Capster78; 04-13-13 at 11:10 PM.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •