Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 182

Thread: Should polygamists have the right to marry?

  1. #41
    Advisor Libertas-Mors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-13 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    370

    Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You don't know what a polygamist cult does or you would not say that. It is nothing but a group of men who prey on the female children of each others wives. It is really about molesting children. The male children are thrown out at 18...they are competition and not welcome.
    Sounds racist lol.

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You don't know what a polygamist cult does or you would not say that. It is nothing but a group of men who prey on the female children of each others wives. It is really about molesting children. The male children are thrown out at 18...they are competition and not welcome.
    false, this is what some criminals do and try to do but grouping those criminals in with all polygamist is just as logical as grouping in cheaters, spouse beaters etc in with all marriages.
    Its nonsensical and dishonest.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    Advisor Libertas-Mors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-13 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    370

    Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Polygamists do have the right to marry
    In the same way that gays do in Red states. Good point.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,368

    Re: Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertas-Mors View Post
    That's analogous to equating gay marriage with pedophilia. Good job captain fallacy.
    You don't know what polygamist cults do? They marry each others children at 13 or 14.

    The Sick Custom-Made Bed Where Polygamist Cult Leader Warren Jeffs Abused Children | Radar Online

  5. #45
    Advisor Libertas-Mors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-13 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    370

    Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You don't know what polygamist cults do? They marry each others children at 13 or 14.

    The Sick Custom-Made Bed Where Polygamist Cult Leader Warren Jeffs Abused Children | Radar Online
    Equating all polygamists with a rapist cult leader....sounds legit (not srs).

  6. #46
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Do you have a fondness for 13 year old girls? That is what polygamy is about.
    well with this single post you just proved how dishonest you are and how uneducated you are about polygamy.

    I love when people draw blanket conclusion and judge a group based on some, its always an epic failure.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #47
    Advisor Libertas-Mors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-13 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    370

    Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well with this single post you just proved how dishonest you are and how uneducated you are about polygamy.

    I love when people draw blanket conclusion and judge a group based on some, its always an epic failure.
    The best is when they hypocritically do it while sounding off about others doing it to groups whom they prefer.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,368

    Re: Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    false, this is what some criminals do and try to do but grouping those criminals in with all polygamist is just as logical as grouping in cheaters, spouse beaters etc in with all marriages.
    Its nonsensical and dishonest.
    What others are you talking about? I really have not heard of these. Give me some examples of polygamy where they don't marry each others daughters. That would be the thing to look for.

    Communes, open marriages, gay marriages, you name it. Anything goes for me except when the aim is child abuse. That is all I am saying.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 04-10-13 at 02:06 AM.

  9. #49
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertas-Mors View Post
    The best is when they hypocritically do it while sounding off about others doing it to groups whom they prefer.
    yep. its the same dishonest logic as:

    all priest are child molesters
    all gays are pedophiles
    etc etc

    its amazing how uneducated some people are

    now of course one doesnt have to think everything is morally ok with another group but be honest about it and try to know what you are actually talking about before opening your mouth.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,368

    Re: Should polygamists have the right to marry?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well with this single post you just proved how dishonest you are and how uneducated you are about polygamy.

    I love when people draw blanket conclusion and judge a group based on some, its always an epic failure.
    Enlighten me then. Where are these other polygamists? If it isn't a religious cult thing I have no problem but aren't polygamist usually bible thumpers? You do have to admit those cults have given polygamy a bad name.

    "Your" polygamists also have a serious PR problem. Try a google search on polygamy and see what comes up.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 04-10-13 at 02:16 AM.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •