View Poll Results: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 13.79%
  • Only if all the parents agree.

    10 17.24%
  • No

    40 68.97%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 107

Thread: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

  1. #51
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,147

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    Yes
    Only if all the parents agree.
    No
    No. To what end would that be at all productive?

    It is important to report this tragedy, and for the public to dialogue about it with the facts.

    But what is the purpose of showing the gore? So the news organization can get some more page hits?

    That's not journalism. That's just violence porn.

    As soon as someone can give me some actual reason why publishing something like that is necessary, I'll roll it around. But right now, it seems like nothing but a ploy for publicity -- capitalizing on someone else's pain.

  2. #52
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    No. To what end would that be at all productive?

    It is important to report this tragedy, and for the public to dialogue about it with the facts.

    But what is the purpose of showing the gore? So the news organization can get some more page hits?

    That's not journalism. That's just violence porn.

    As soon as someone can give me some actual reason why publishing something like that is necessary, I'll roll it around. But right now, it seems like nothing but a ploy for publicity -- capitalizing on someone else's pain.
    I'm not saying it would be productive, it's just a poll question and thought it would be interesting to see what people said about it.

  3. #53
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    I see no point.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I see no point.
    It's like when Pro-Life post pics of the aborted so as to get an emotional reaction. That's all this is.

  5. #55
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    You mean the ones that show the small bodies dismembered because of repeated hits from the semi-automatic rifle? Nah. We can't have people being upset now, can we?

    Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

    Boy, 4, accidentally kills Tenn. deputy's wife
    Lanza bashed the children with the rifle he obtained by murdering his mother? dismembered them?



  6. #56
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    No. To what end would that be at all productive?

    It is important to report this tragedy, and for the public to dialogue about it with the facts.

    But what is the purpose of showing the gore? So the news organization can get some more page hits?

    That's not journalism. That's just violence porn.

    As soon as someone can give me some actual reason why publishing something like that is necessary, I'll roll it around. But right now, it seems like nothing but a ploy for publicity -- capitalizing on someone else's pain.
    the purpose is so that pimps like Biden can use the blood of the children to paint all gun owners-especially ones who don't vote democratic-as responsible for those deaths



  7. #57
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the purpose is so that pimps like Biden can use the blood of the children to paint all gun owners-especially ones who don't vote democratic-as responsible for those deaths
    I tend to agree with this. The gun control movement is losing its momentum and needs something to shock people back onto their side.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    no
    And I cannot be adamant enough about this !
    If we do this, we are sick uncivilized savages...
    But, there will be many more mass murders until the conservatives release their strangle-hold and allow complete , 100% checks which can, over time prohibit the semi-insane and the criminals from gun ownership..
    That "liberties" be compromised YES

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I tend to agree with this. The gun control movement is losing its momentum and needs something to shock people back onto their side.
    no need
    The mass murders will continue until the law-makers improve and grow testicles to control the guns...
    I'd give them another twenty years....
    This is what we are working with....

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should the horrific photos of Newtown victims be published?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    If the relatives and friends approve of it, it should be done. Let people see just how much damage these kinds of weapons can do.
    NO
    Even if someone approves, still NO
    Far too sickeningly and disgusting. And it will not sway any conservative any more than it will change the mind of a fence post..
    We need better Congressmen, and campaign reform to allow is to happen...otherwise, it will be business as usual - with nothing being done , due to ignorance and fear..

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •