Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 105

Thread: National Parks

  1. #81
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    biased. could that not be said about you who never has worked in a federal land management position?
    The spin keeps coming.

    Clearly if you WORKED for the FS, odds are you are going to take offense and be defensive of anyone that has been out there and seen piss poor work done, has met other FS 'officials' that had no idea what certain laws entail, and run about as if on a power trip.

    but nothing to base it on.
    Other than personal experience having spent a LOT of time on such lands... but I'm guessing if it doesn't come with a link to Mother Jones, it is discounted, right?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #82
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Lack of evidence to support your opinion proves which kind yours is.
    No, it proves many things, but they are all about you, not anyone else. This forum has a disease... those that see an opinion they don't like then scream and shout about links and other nonsense. If you disagree, fine, leave it at that. To throw a tantrum over the 'need' for 'evidence' to support an opinion is utterly stupid.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  3. #83
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    No, it proves many things, but they are all about you, not anyone else. This forum has a disease... those that see an opinion they don't like then scream and shout about links and other nonsense. If you disagree, fine, leave it at that. To throw a tantrum over the 'need' for 'evidence' to support an opinion is utterly stupid.
    I see your point, but not valid here. Folks are chiming in with their opinions and also letting you know the experience their opinion derives from. However, the depth of your experience (that led you to your opinion) is radically smaller than those who disagree with you. Armchair quarterbacking as opposed to quarterbacking on the field.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Folks are chiming in with their opinions and also letting you know the experience their opinion derives from. However, the depth of your experience (that led you to your opinion) is radically smaller than those who disagree with you.
    ONE guy said he worked for the FS for 30 years. That's his biased experience. I haven't seen anyone else offer anything but their opinion backed by nothing more than personal experience... hey, that's what I did. So what's the difference? OH. It's that my opinion is different. Yeah, it's that transparent. March on soldier.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #85
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    The spin keeps coming.

    Clearly if you WORKED for the FS, odds are you are going to take offense and be defensive of anyone that has been out there and seen piss poor work done, has met other FS 'officials' that had no idea what certain laws entail, and run about as if on a power trip.

    Other than personal experience having spent a LOT of time on such lands... but I'm guessing if it doesn't come with a link to Mother Jones, it is discounted, right?
    actually I worked for BLM.
    Mother who?
    Now who is spinning. and doing personal attack.
    So if I am biased, then you must be because you never have worked in such a position you are critical of

    here is a clue. I am not a tree hugger type. Just happen to have an opinion that disagrees with you. Guess we cancel each other out.

  6. #86
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    ONE guy said he worked for the FS for 30 years. That's his biased experience. I haven't seen anyone else offer anything but their opinion backed by nothing more than personal experience... hey, that's what I did. So what's the difference? OH. It's that my opinion is different. Yeah, it's that transparent. March on soldier.
    Okay, well I grew up around the FS, as I explained. Also did my share of trail cutting and trail management for them. Even spent a summer up in a tower doing fire lookout - had to take classes to get that position.

    No, it's that your opinion is out in left field somewhere and doesn't jive with anyone I've ever met working for the FS.

  7. #87
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    ONE guy said he worked for the FS for 30 years. That's his biased experience. I haven't seen anyone else offer anything but their opinion backed by nothing more than personal experience... hey, that's what I did. So what's the difference? OH. It's that my opinion is different. Yeah, it's that transparent. March on soldier.
    spin. Never said I worked for the FS.
    Land management for the Feds intails the NPS , BIA, BLM, FWS USFS, BOR,
    What is insulting is to lump all agencies under the FS. Even Colorado has these. Each have a different missions set by Congress.

  8. #88
    Professor
    longknife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sin City
    Last Seen
    05-18-15 @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,385

    Re: National Parks

    My personal opinion based on experience.

    At one time or another, I've visited national parks in just about every state in the Union - expect Alaska and Hawaii. They are gems that should and must be shared with future generations. The first ones I visited were in my teens and pre-teens and I gained an appreciation for them.

    My most recent experiences were with the South and West Rims of the Grand Canyon. In the South, I saw a combination of Parks Service and private enterprise that enhanced the experience. The West Rim experience is to see it through the eyes of the Hualapai who have lived there for generations - another worth-while experience.
    Father Serra's Legacy - novels about the history of the California missions

  9. #89
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    So if I am biased, then you must be because you never have worked in such a position you are critical of
    That statement is so devoid of logic it's impressive that it exists.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Okay, well I grew up around the FS, as I explained. Also did my share of trail cutting and trail management for them. Even spent a summer up in a tower doing fire lookout - had to take classes to get that position.

    No, it's that your opinion is out in left field somewhere and doesn't jive with anyone I've ever met working for the FS.
    So you were also a part of federal land management... shocker. As I said before, it is expected anyone that does would have a positive opinion of the work those organizations do. It's called bias.

    One doesn't need to have WORKED for them to have an opinion of them. The idea that they do, as put forth by your comment, is about as insane as saying someone that never served in the military should have no opinion on the military. Logically baffling.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  10. #90
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    That statement is so devoid of logic it's impressive that it exists.



    So you were also a part of federal land management... shocker. As I said before, it is expected anyone that does would have a positive opinion of the work those organizations do. It's called bias.

    One doesn't need to have WORKED for them to have an opinion of them. The idea that they do, as put forth by your comment, is about as insane as saying someone that never served in the military should have no opinion on the military. Logically baffling.
    I said you had an opinion. I also pretty much said the opinon was wrong. That was also my opinion.
    This is going in circles. So you dislike what the feds to with the federal land because you had a bad experience with someone who worked for them.
    Go complain to someone who cares.

    so prey, how would a private company do better?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •