Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 105

Thread: National Parks

  1. #61
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    The FS is just as bad, if not worse, than the BLM. Mismanagement, and most of the employees don't have a CLUE about the law or regulations regarding the land.
    I disagree, especially out West here. In fact congress taking much of the management away from the FS has resulted in devastating fires out here as well as a whole lot of mismanagement. I spent many of my childhood summers in FS camps (second and third jobs for my parents when we were young).

  2. #62
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I disagree, especially out West here. In fact congress taking much of the management away from the FS has resulted in devastating fires out here as well as a whole lot of mismanagement. I spent many of my childhood summers in FS camps (second and third jobs for my parents when we were young).
    I am 'out west' as well. The FS is typical federal nincompoops. From knowing nothing about the mining laws, to knowing nothing about where their power actually ends...
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  3. #63
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: National Parks

    For all the complaining about the incompetence of the federal government, our national parks are in pretty good shape.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    For all the complaining about the incompetence of the federal government, our national parks are in pretty good shape.
    Which ones?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #65
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    If you could decide who controls and runs the National Parks would you continue the federal funding and management or would you prefer a corporation be able buy the parks and use the designated lands as they please?

    Lots of pros and cons and it is likely a corporation could make a big bottom line if they had no government meddling in what they wanted to do with the land.

    Consider big corporations ...Exxon, Big Pharma, Wal Mart ... I am certain they could use those resources and space to make a profit for a few and create more minimum wage jobs?

    Are we hurting out country and being socialist to even have national parks?

    nature.nps.gov Explore Nature
    There are many other ways for corporations to make more minimum wage jobs. Such as reduce pay for their executives and pass it on down to wage earners.

    I think we should keep national parks under the federal government because the federal level is under media attention much more than state governments, and so corruption is less likely.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    the federal level is under media attention much more than state governments, and so corruption is less likely.
    WOW. Somebody actually believes something like that??? Amazing.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  7. #67
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: National Parks

    The desire of the government to acquire land, possessions and wealth is unlimited. For example, if anyone can name any reason why the federal government should have bought the Hope Diamond (a "tax credit" for donating equates to buying it) I'd like to hear it.

    If a person were to see a maps of the USA and how much of it the government has essentially seized they would be surprised. The majority of land in many areas is government land (local, county, state and federal.) And if the government can't own it, they want to at least control it as much as possible - if not entirely. If you added land that the government also has easements and other restriction on it would truly astonish most people.

    Water too.

    And there is a result. The United States has 12,383 miles of coastline in the US and 88,633 miles of tidal shoreline. Over 100,000 miles of saltwater shore. The Atlantic, Pacific and Gulf of Mexico. BUT the USA IMPORTS over 60% of it's seafood. Most of domestic fishing has been shut down.

    For example, the Cedar Key area of West Florida and much of the West Coast used to be harvesting areas for shell sealife. However, that has been 99%+ banned. Cedar Keys has over 2,000 square miles of seagrass beds. ALL but 72 acres has been banned. Amazing, the government BRAGS how they have made 72 acres available for sea farming. 1/200th of 1%.

    So, all the people get 1/200th of 1%to live off of. The government has all the rest. And the government boasts of how generous it is allowing that 1/200th of 1% too.

  8. #68
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: National Parks

    And the extreme efforts to protect their jobs is proving an ecological disaster particularly in the Southern half of Florida. The marriage of big business, government and the for-profit environmentalists is a true growing ecological disaster that is worsening on more levels and in more ways than I can really present.

    The "scientific" community in terms of the environment are, for the most part, hired whores. Nothing else. Thus, they not only will approve of, but will even urge using the Everglades to dump massive quantities of radioactive and poisonous wastes from coal generators. But that is just an example. The disaster of evasive foreign species also is an unsolvable problem because no one is allowed to compete with the government jobs around those species.

  9. #69
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    I am 'out west' as well. The FS is typical federal nincompoops. From knowing nothing about the mining laws, to knowing nothing about where their power actually ends...
    I saw that from your CV under your avatar. Your experience with the FS runs contrary to mine. As to mining laws, the FS is not the BLM and the only power I've seen them assert is to protect the national parks and forest lands.

  10. #70
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: National Parks

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    WOW. Somebody actually believes something like that??? Amazing.
    Yeah. Because it's accurate.

    We all know about what the Secretary of State and the U.S. Attorney General is doing on a constant basis.

    But how much do you know of your state's Attorney General or your state's Secretary of Agriculture? And the policies they are putting forth?
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •