View Poll Results: Is obama insane, stupid or trying to destroy America?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • insane

    5 9.26%
  • stupid

    12 22.22%
  • trying to destroy America

    37 68.52%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 193

Thread: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

  1. #61
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    This has nothing to do with George Bush. Deal with it.


    I just brought G.W. Bush into the conversation.

    Deal with it.

  2. #62
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I just brought G.W. Bush into the conversation.

    Deal with it.
    Bush has nothing to do with Obamas incompetence. Deal with it. Bush didn't cause your flat tire. Deal with it. Bush didn't cause your boyfriend to cheat on you. Deal with it. Bush didn't steal your lunch money. Deal with it. Bush didn't impregnate your sister. Deal with it. Bush didn't kill your goldfish. Deal with it.

    You have some serious Bush obsession...and not the good kind.

  3. #63
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Like I said...you don't appear to know much.



    I know that the GOP lost in 2012, big time.

    Did you miss that?



    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 04-07-13 at 08:16 AM.

  4. #64
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You have some serious Bush obsession...and not the good kind.



    If you 'think' that G.W. Bush is a great guy, stick with him.

    We'll see how that turns out for you in the not-distant future.



    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP."
    Last edited by shrubnose; 04-07-13 at 08:23 AM.

  5. #65
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    If you 'think' that G.W. Bush is a great guy, stick with him.

    We'll see how that turns out for you in the not-distant future.



    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP."
    That you think Bush is relevant to any of this is...just...sad. Seriously. You might want to consider getting help. That obsession can be become dangerous.

  6. #66
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That you think Bush is relevant to any of this is...just...sad. Seriously. You might want to consider getting help. That obsession can be become dangerous.



    If you think that G.W. Bush is not relevant to the GOP's current problems, you have a problem.

    I really don't care whether you deal with that problem or not.

    Won't cost me a nickle.



    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

  7. #67
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    If you think that G.W. Bush is not relevant to the GOP's current problems, you have a problem.

    I really don't care whether you deal with that problem or not.

    Won't cost me a nickle.



    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    Which has NOTHING to do with Obamas incompetence.

    Sad...just...very sad. Dood has been out of office for 5 years and he still owns you. Sad.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,877

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    Do you actually have some evidence to support this claim, or is this just what you believe?

    I would like to see you substantiate it, because it seems that what DID create disaster was relying on the market to regulate itself.
    There was a good article written a few years ago that hit the nail on the head. You should read it, but I'll provide the closing paragraph to you:

    The limited role of government described in this post is what our Founding Fathers knew was best and what our society was based on. Our world has seen big governments before and we have seen what happens when they become more powerful than the people. We have seen what happens when the government and businesses are playing games behind the scenes and putting the people on the back burner. It never ends well and this “change” we are seeing today will not end well. Businesses will become more and more frustrated that they cannot make a profit especially when they are competing in a global environment where other countries do not have these political burdens. This frustration will lead to more and more “creative” (illegal or quasi-illegal) methods of making money in order to survive. The public will continue to be outraged by the “evil” corporations and demand the government passes more regulations to punish them which will make the situation worse. We are seeing this trend now. Instead of blaming the source of the problem (government) we blame the businesses for doing what they need to do to survive in this rigged game that is the economy. Then we give the government more control which was the problem in the first place. This cycle only leads to bigger government, a weaker business sector and, in turn, a weaker economy. If today’s economic situation isn’t proof enough for this argument, research some history and use some common sense and you will see more than enough evidence to understand that we are headed in a bad direction.
    Government
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #69
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" and obama wants to repeat the home loan policies that got us into the financial mess we are now in. Is he insane, stupid, or is he actively trying to destroy America? I vote insane.

    "The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit, an effort that officials say will help power the economic recovery but that skeptics say could open the door to the risky lending that caused the housing crash in the first place.
    President Obama’s economic advisers and outside experts say the nation’s much-celebrated housing rebound is leaving too many people behind, including young people looking to buy their first homes and individuals with credit records weakened by the recession.
    In response, administration officials say they are working to get banks to lend to a wider range of borrowers by taking advantage of taxpayer-backed programs — including those offered by the Federal Housing Administration — that insure home loans against default."


    Obama administration pushes banks to make home loans to people with weaker credit - Washington Post
    None of the above. He's doing what he thinks is best for the country. He might be wrong, but I think he's sincerely doing what he believes best.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  10. #70
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Is obama insane, stupid or malicious?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" and obama wants to repeat the home loan policies that got us into the financial mess we are now in. Is he insane, stupid, or is he actively trying to destroy America? I vote insane.

    "The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit, an effort that officials say will help power the economic recovery but that skeptics say could open the door to the risky lending that caused the housing crash in the first place.
    President Obama’s economic advisers and outside experts say the nation’s much-celebrated housing rebound is leaving too many people behind, including young people looking to buy their first homes and individuals with credit records weakened by the recession.
    In response, administration officials say they are working to get banks to lend to a wider range of borrowers by taking advantage of taxpayer-backed programs — including those offered by the Federal Housing Administration — that insure home loans against default."


    Obama administration pushes banks to make home loans to people with weaker credit - Washington Post
    No, none of these. It is likely he really does truly think he is doing the right thing, here.

    But yeah, it does kind of seem rather amazingly obtuse. I wouldn't say he is stupid, he's not. I would say he is unwise.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •