View Poll Results: North Korea is

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • saber rattling like a champ - not a real threat - never was

    5 9.09%
  • a spoiled brat seeking attention - not a real threat

    15 27.27%
  • trying to provoke US/SK into striking first

    6 10.91%
  • a real threat

    5 9.09%
  • a teeny-tiny threat - but still something we should watch

    18 32.73%
  • other - please explain

    6 10.91%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

  1. #21
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    The creation of a nuclear weapon required some action I would imagine. The testing of nuclear weapons required at least someone to flip a switch. Yes I favor a preemptive strike. If Iran had an ICBM threatening to nuke Israel a great many Americans would be screaming in the streets that we must bomb Iran, but North Korea has one and is threatening the US and you want to do nothing? You have way too much faith in our missile intercept technology.
    You have way too little faith that the Chinese will allow a situation where millions of starving NK refugees will flood accross their border. What NK wants is leverage to get aid, probably from China and see making threats as a way to apply pressure to help get that aid.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #22
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So you favor preemptive military strikes on people for nothing more than action-less words?
    Would you consider saying someone is going to kill somebody, getting out a gun, loading it and pointing at the person's head but he hasn't pulled the trigger "action-less words?"
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  3. #23
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You have way too little faith that the Chinese will allow a situation where millions of starving NK refugees will flood accross their border. What NK wants is leverage to get aid, probably from China and see making threats as a way to apply pressure to help get that aid.
    I know what NK wants, but I also know the card they are playing. How many times are you willing to pay the extortionists? You are just helping prop up the failed government and maintain the same status quo that keeps so many people on the edge of starvation. Destroy their military, topple their government and let Korea be reunited and be done with it.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,628

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    I'm going with the spoiled brat theory.

    He's been buddies with Ahmadinijad but only really for tech so he knows he's getting used there. Ahmadinijad has his own little proxy war going on which has gained them some support from China and Russia. Un is now feeling a little left out - after all, he's the one with the nuke - so he starts to stir things up...get a little "street cred". The big question now is how far will he go before one of his generals puts a bullet in the back of his head.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Would you consider saying someone is going to kill somebody, getting out a gun, loading it and pointing at the person's head but he hasn't pulled the trigger "action-less words?"
    Whose "head" is NK pointing a loaded gun at?

  6. #26
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Destroy their military, topple their government and let Korea be reunited and be done with it.
    That's not our job to do. It didn't work in Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan. Why the hell would you propose doing such a thing in NK?

  7. #27
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    What year did that happen?

  8. #28
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    The creation of a nuclear weapon required some action I would imagine. The testing of nuclear weapons required at least someone to flip a switch. Yes I favor a preemptive strike.
    So all the other countries in the world have had adequate justification for attacking the USofA over the last 60 years then?

    And because you have a gun in your house means you're going to use it so the police have justification to come in and get it and you as well?

  9. #29
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,885

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Would you consider saying someone is going to kill somebody, getting out a gun, loading it and pointing at the person's head but he hasn't pulled the trigger "action-less words?"
    If he's pointing that handgun at a head thats 500 yards away, I would highly question his capacity to make the shot. But I would still put him in my sights in case he tried.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  10. #30
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: North Korea - Your Gut Says....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I know what NK wants, but I also know the card they are playing. How many times are you willing to pay the extortionists? You are just helping prop up the failed government and maintain the same status quo that keeps so many people on the edge of starvation. Destroy their military, topple their government and let Korea be reunited and be done with it.
    Do you honestly think that China will simply allow that? They were none too happy when South Korea was aided in 1950. What would the US do if China decided to take over Mexico which, after all, is an admitted basket case run by a corrupt gov't too.?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •