View Poll Results: What do you think of Dr. Carson?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • The man is obviously God

    0 0%
  • He should be President, and anyone who disagrees is a racist

    2 7.69%
  • Sent by Satan

    1 3.85%
  • An apparently good man and good doctor, but not President.

    10 38.46%
  • Sloppy Joe's rule!

    13 50.00%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 113

Thread: Dr. Benjamin Carson

  1. #101
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If you didn't do that, then why didn't you answer teh following question "Doesn't the "entire evangelical Christian" community go on a rampage whenever some atheist openly says that they don't like "under god" in the pledge and "in god we trust" on the money or that saying "merry Christmas" to everyone is offensive to those who are not Christian?" with a soimple "yes"? Instead of saying "yes" you tried to defend them.
    The thing is that the Christian community's ability to freely express their religious beliefs is being threatened just like the atheists ability to freely express their disbelief is being threatened. The "entire" Christian community does not go on a "rampage". This is why I didn't say "yes" and this is why you're wrong.


    They actually have a legitimate complaint. The pledge is nothing more than a tool of indoctrination. The "Under God" was added because it was an attempt at anti-atheist indoctrination.
    Maybe.... or maybe its the person who proposed the idea was a Christian who had support, political connections, etc. and it was agreed upon by the people added those two words that the country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles.....

    And I do not see how it would be "legimate" if its not a legally binding document? How is the supreme court going to rule on something that doesn't necessarily exist in their books?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  2. #102
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Serious question: Are you having hallucinations or do you suffer from illiteracy?
    I have asked myself the same thing of you for a total of about 17 times now... and counting
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  3. #103
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I already addressed your lack of concern for history quite clearly by pointing out that the history of the pledge was dutifully ignored by you in your defense of it.

    I also pointed out that history is of no concern for the specific claim I made regarding "Merry Christmas", one simply has to be capable of connecting the dots. (Christmas being a historical tradition doesn't invalidate the claim that it is offensive to say merry Christmas to non-Christians, ergo, your historical response is irrational gibberish spewed as a non-sequitur).

    I did not cherry pick, I threw you a bone by not pointing out exactly how irrational and nonsensical your initial response was. You felt th eneed to make it's irrational nonsensical nature a primary part of the discussion, though, so I guess you only have yourself to blame for looking silly.



    You like to play pretend, don't you?
    If history is of no concer than why is the origin of the pledge of concern? It is the same damn thing! For someone who pretends they understand logic and reasoning, you sure don't use much of it. And no you have not addressed any of the questions posed.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  4. #104
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Serious question: Are you having hallucinations or do you suffer from illiteracy?
    And why is it that you are trying to stray away from answering my question? Is it because you have realized that you have no legitmate argument against what I have said.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  5. #105
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    If history is of no concer than why is the origin of the pledge of concern?
    I'm not the one who used the fallacy of appeal to tradition/history as an argument.

    I merely defeated that fallacy by demonstrated your lack of concern for history. I've never once presented an argument dependent on history. I presented rebuttals regarding historical facts to your arguments which were dependent on history, yes, but no argumetns dependent on history came from.

    But the real reason history is of no concern to my statements about Christmas is because at no point did I say a damned thing about Christmas. This is why your literacy is questionable.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #106
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    And why is it that you are trying to stray away from answering my question?
    You did not ask a question. You made a statement.

    Now do you see why your literacy is questionable?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #107
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Doesn't the "entire evangelical Christian" community go on a rampage whenever some atheist openly says that they don't like "under god" in the pledge and "in god we trust" on the money or that saying "merry Christmas" to everyone is offensive to those who are not Christian?
    You didn't say a damned thing about Christmas you say?

    Thinking you've defeated anything when all you've done is cherry pick your way around arguments is the only fallacy I can see.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  8. #108
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You did not ask a question. You made a statement.

    Now do you see why your literacy is questionable?
    Says the one who never fully reads the question and denies his own statements.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  9. #109
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Maybe.... or maybe its the person who proposed the idea was a Christian who had support, political connections, etc. and it was agreed upon by the people added those two words that the country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles.....
    That is so historically wrong, it's almost funny. Unfortunately it's just further evidence of the ability of True Believers to play fast and loose with history when it doesn't suit them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #110
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That is so historically wrong, it's almost funny. Unfortunately it's just further evidence of the ability of True Believers to play fast and loose with history when it doesn't suit them.
    You clearly did not understand the post.....take note that I said the PERSON that who proposed the idea.....please understand the post before responding
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •