View Poll Results: What do you think of Dr. Carson?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • The man is obviously God

    0 0%
  • He should be President, and anyone who disagrees is a racist

    2 7.69%
  • Sent by Satan

    1 3.85%
  • An apparently good man and good doctor, but not President.

    10 38.46%
  • Sloppy Joe's rule!

    13 50.00%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 113

Thread: Dr. Benjamin Carson

  1. #91
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Thats a typo... meant the Pledge
    Oh, well then isn't the pledging of allegiance enough? Personally, I'm bothered by the "indivisible" as well. It clearly implies a single collective socialist entity rather than a collection of free individuals who are of like mind and exercise their freedom via democratic processes.

    And as something designed to indoctrinate children into a group-think mentality? Terribly un-American, IMHO.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #92
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Easily. Somebody started talking about the LGBT community going on "a rampage" when they feel that their rights are being violated, but decided to then pretend that the religious right doesn't go on a rampage when they feel that their rights are being violated.
    Not once did I say the right, which I wish to point out you are willingly apart of, never bitches about anything because they're just as bad.

    The pledge is a great example of the religious right going on a rampage when they pretend that their rights are being violated. It's not as good as the imaginary War on Christmas example, but it's certainly a good example of people on the right overreacting to something utterly meaningless.
    Are you kidding me?? The lefty atheists are the ones who bitch about "under God" all the time!!
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  3. #93
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Oh, well then isn't the pledging of allegiance enough? Personally, I'm bothered by the "indivisible" as well. It clearly implies a single collective socialist entity rather than a collection of free individuals who are of like mind and exercise their freedom via democratic processes.

    And as something designed to indoctrinate children into a group-think mentality? Terribly un-American, IMHO.
    But guess what? It is not a legally binding document!! So it doesn't matter! I understand that kids were once obligated to recite this in class, but its not like that anymore. Over 3/4 of the schools in the country don't do that anymore, if its even that low. Kids nowadays don't even know half of it. And trust me, the kids who are made to recite this creed, the only thing they're thinking about is Sally Sue, Candyland, playtime and snack time. I know, because I was one of those.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  4. #94
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    So saying that Christmas is a historical event that has been celebrated for hundreds of years, and saying people in this country have the right to freely express their merriness of the occasion is a rampage....
    No, saying the above was just plain bad logic. Specifically, it was a pure non-sequitur. If you actually wish to be logical, try sticking with things which "follow". And avoid strawmen. For example, it's very clear that I (kindly) didn't even reference the above irrational gibberish in my last response. I was quite specific about the impetus for the imaginary victimization. By responding with the above gibberish, you have ignored the actual point and created an imaginary one which you could then easily "defeat". Ergo, you just committed the strawman fallacy.

    But please continue along this path. You merely demonstrate the accuracy of my positions by adding more irrational gibberish that you can pretend are"rebuttals" to my points.

    Tucker Case you are just a fountain of logic
    I'm certainly happy to give you a lesson on logic if you wish. You seem to be having some difficulty with presenting logically valid arguments due to the preponderance of fallacies in your posts.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #95
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    But guess what? It is not a legally binding document!!
    Where on Earth did you get the phenomenally silly idea that whether or not it is legally binding matters in any way shape or form?

    I understand that kids were once obligated to recite this in class, but its not like that anymore. Over 3/4 of the schools in the country don't do that anymore, if its even that low. Kids nowadays don't even know half of it. And trust me, the kids who are made to recite this creed, the olnly thing they're thinking about is Sally Sue, Candyland, playtime and snack time. I know, because I was one of those.
    Oh, so then can I assume that you agree that the resistance to the removal of "under god" from such a meaningless "oath" is the religious right engaging in a mindless rampage?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #96
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    No, saying the above was just plain bad logic. Specifically, it was a pure non-sequitur. If you actually wish to be logical, try sticking with things which "follow". And avoid strawmen. For example, it's very clear that I (kindly) didn't even reference the above irrational gibberish in my last response. I was quite specific about the impetus for the imaginary victimization. By responding with the above gibberish, you have ignored the actual point and created an imaginary one which you could then easily "defeat". Ergo, you just committed the strawman fallacy.
    It clearly seems to me that you sir are cherry picking. That statement is the entire reason we are even having this discussion. You said that saying this statement is going on a "rampage". You are actually the one who is speaking irrationally and illogically who has not "followed" the discussion. You were the one that responded that my statement was a rampage and I have been looking for your answer to that statement ever since we started this pointless discussion.


    But please continue along this path. You merely demonstrate the accuracy of my positions by adding more irrational gibberish that you can pretend are"rebuttals" to my points.



    I'm certainly happy to give you a lesson on logic if you wish. You seem to be having some difficulty with presenting logically valid arguments due to the preponderance of fallacies in your posts.
    If thats what stops the tears darling...
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  7. #97
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Not once did I say the right, which I wish to point out you are willingly apart of, never bitches about anything because they're just as bad.
    If you didn't do that, then why didn't you answer teh following question "Doesn't the "entire evangelical Christian" community go on a rampage whenever some atheist openly says that they don't like "under god" in the pledge and "in god we trust" on the money or that saying "merry Christmas" to everyone is offensive to those who are not Christian?" with a soimple "yes"? Instead of saying "yes" you tried to defend them.

    Are you kidding me?? The lefty atheists are the ones who bitch about "under God" all the time!!
    They actually have a legitimate complaint. The pledge is nothing more than a tool of indoctrination. The "Under God" was added because it was an attempt at anti-atheist indoctrination.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #98
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Where on Earth did you get the phenomenally silly idea that whether or not it is legally binding matters in any way shape or form?



    Oh, so then can I assume that you agree that the resistance to the removal of "under god" from such a meaningless "oath" is the religious right engaging in a mindless rampage?
    Yes, and its nice to see that you have finally come to your senses and that you sir finally see that the lefties who rant on about and are threatened by "under God" are just on a mindless rampage as well.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  9. #99
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    It clearly seems to me that you sir are cherry picking. That statement is the entire reason we are even having this discussion. You said that saying this statement is going on a "rampage". You are actually the one who is speaking irrationally and illogically who has not "followed" the discussion. You were the one that responded that my statement was a rampage and I have been looking for your answer to that statement ever since we started this pointless discussion.
    I already addressed your lack of concern for history quite clearly by pointing out that the history of the pledge was dutifully ignored by you in your defense of it.

    I also pointed out that history is of no concern for the specific claim I made regarding "Merry Christmas", one simply has to be capable of connecting the dots. (Christmas being a historical tradition doesn't invalidate the claim that it is offensive to say merry Christmas to non-Christians, ergo, your historical response is irrational gibberish spewed as a non-sequitur).

    I did not cherry pick, I threw you a bone by not pointing out exactly how irrational and nonsensical your initial response was. You felt th eneed to make it's irrational nonsensical nature a primary part of the discussion, though, so I guess you only have yourself to blame for looking silly.

    If thats what stops the tears darling...
    You like to play pretend, don't you?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #100
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Dr. Benjamin Carson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Yes, and its nice to see that you have finally come to your senses and that you sir finally see that the lefties who rant on about and are threatened by "under God" are just on a mindless rampage as well.
    Serious question: Are you having hallucinations or do you suffer from illiteracy?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •