View Poll Results: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant one?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gays

    19 27.14%
  • Straights

    51 72.86%
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 526

Thread: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    My argument is the the GRM movement have to talk about "rights" because talking about taxes makes this less sexy. And because they talk about "rights" instead of taxes they are dishonest. Again, I would be for the gay marriage if the people I see on TV actually talked about why they they want marriage instead of talking about "rights." Like in most things, this is about money.
    So the fact that you think the SSM issue is all about money and the question of "rights" just a deflection is the sole reason you don't support something you would otherwise be for ? ......................

  2. #52
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    Everyone you disagree with means "money" when they say "love" , huh. Or maybe money is all you can hear because money is all you can love.
    The government isn't necessary to sanction love though. If a relationship is just for love, then marriage sanctioned by the government isn't a necessity and there for your argument for marriage if flawed and inappropriate. You can be in a committed loving relationship for years, even decades, as some people who are homosexual have shown without having the government sanction the relationship.

  3. #53
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    So the fact that you think the SSM issue is all about money and the question of "rights" just a deflection is the sole reason you don't support something you would otherwise be for ? ......................
    Yep....I am generally against dishonest people as a rule. I don't support arguments which are dishonest. it is the reason I don't support the Tea Party...same type of dishonesty just inverted.

    Mind you, I am aware that my support is tiny compared to the movement as a whole.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    The government isn't necessary to sanction love though. If a relationship is just for love, then marriage sanctioned by the government isn't a necessity and there for your argument for marriage if flawed and inappropriate. You can be in a committed loving relationship for years, even decades, as some people who are homosexual have shown without having the government sanction the relationship.
    Oh well then how about we just outlaw all the marriages since nobody needs marriage. Funny how nobody who's anti-gay marriage wants to outlaw all marriages. They all want to hang on to the institution of marriage because they know it's necessary, they just don't want everyone to be treated equally.

  5. #55
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    Oh well then how about we just outlaw all the marriages since nobody needs marriage. Funny how nobody who's anti-gay marriage wants to outlaw all marriages. They all want to hang on to the institution of marriage because they know it's necessary, they just don't want everyone to be treated equally.
    I am actually for this. Married filing jointly and estate tax exemptions should apply to all or they should be removed. Further, if the governmental reasons for the tax incentives are for promotion of stable families and kids, then those things should be applied to the kids themselves or stable families and they shouldn't apply to all families.

    I am totally against just extending this to homosexuals though. All the arguments for gay marriage apply to poly marriages (for consenting adults) as well so if we are going to extend it then we should really destroy the discrimination and apply it to all family types. Or we should remove governmental marriage completely.
    Last edited by hallam; 04-01-13 at 09:34 PM.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    Yep....I am generally against dishonest people as a rule. I don't support arguments which are dishonest. it is the reason I don't support the Tea Party...same type of dishonesty just inverted.

    Mind you, I am aware that my support is tiny compared to the movement as a whole.
    So, by extension, all gay people who want to get married are just lying moneygrubbers ? Why would you even consider supporting a group whom you have tested and found to be nothing but a bunch of lying moneygrubbers ? Help me understand this crucial divide between lying moneygrubbers and open moneygrubbers, since you have ascertained that all are just "moneygrubbers" anyway..................

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    Oh well then how about we just outlaw all the marriages since nobody needs marriage. Funny how nobody who's anti-gay marriage wants to outlaw all marriages. They all want to hang on to the institution of marriage because they know it's necessary, they just don't want everyone to be treated equally.
    Isn't it liberals who support gay marriage who push inequality in the end though?

    I think if you were to poll modern Republicans they would say unanimously that tax rates, inheritance laws, etc. should all be applied equally regardless of income, occupation, gender, race, etc. It seems to me that it's mostly the people who fall into the pro-gay marriage camp who want different standards for different people but want to make sure they're in the group getting the better standard.
    Last edited by Dapper Andy; 04-01-13 at 09:47 PM.

  8. #58
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    So, by extension, all gay people who want to get married are just lying moneygrubbers ? Why would you even consider supporting a group whom you have tested and found to be nothing but a bunch of lying moneygrubbers ? Help me understand this crucial divide between lying moneygrubbers and open moneygrubbers, since you have ascertained that all are just "moneygrubbers" anyway..................
    If you want to call the people talking about this dishonest movement "lying moneygrubbers" fine. It seems like an unnecessary inflamitory term (I would guess you plan to use for some type of indignation about my arguments) but those are your words and you are free to use them. I have no malice here either way. I am only saying that this movement is about taxes. The cases are about taxes. They are not about love; they are not about child adoption; and they are not about hospital visitation. Because they are about taxes, the movement should use that word. Until they do, they are dishonest.

    So I guess it would be obvious that the crucial divide/distinction I am making is about the lying and dishonesty.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    If you want to call the people talking about this dishonest movement "lying moneygrubbers" fine. It seems like an unnecessary inflamitory term (I would guess you plan to use for some type of indignation about my arguments) but those are your words and you are free to use them. I have no malice here either way. I am only saying that this movement is about taxes. The cases are about taxes. They are not about love; they are not about child adoption; and they are not about hospital visitation. Because they are about taxes, the movement should use that word. Until they do, they are dishonest.

    So I guess it would be obvious that the crucial divide/distinction I am making is about the lying and dishonesty.


    One could argue that all conservatives are lying about caring about abortion and family values and the whole thing is about having power over people............................

  10. #60
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    This poll sucks.
    Its the people that are against gay marriage that are the intolerant ones.


Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •