View Poll Results: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant one?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gays

    19 27.14%
  • Straights

    51 72.86%
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 526

Thread: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

  1. #41
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    You don't need the government to make the declaration. You do need the government to escape the estate tax which is the reason for the second case before the SCUTUS. If love, kids, stable families are all rationales off the table for reasons for marriage (which I agree somewhat given the standpoint of hetro marriage), then the only reason to get marriage from a practical everyday standpoint is taxes. The idea of the hospital visitation only comes into play on rare circumstances and one doesn't get married because of it. But taxes...thats everyday. My question is why can't the gay rights movement just be honest about this.
    I'll say it's entirely about money the minute every str8 married couple says they are married just for money. It's a ridiculous assertion. To say love and their kids are off the table is also ridiculous. There have been kids of same sex couples who've gone into emotional testimony trying to fight gay marriage bans, and who are you to say what it means to them? It's about *both* financial stability and legitimacy.

    Also, this is the worst poll ever. Why the hell would i even consider voting that straights are intolerant when half support gay marriage?

  2. #42
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    I want you to back up your claim that liberals changed the definition.


    Well it sure as hell was not Conservatives now can we get back on topic? thanks.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #43
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You have every right to your opinion even if it is wrong. Perhaps if straight people actually acted like marriage was a Sacred vow instead of divorcing at record rates, I would understand your point of view. Marriage is a civil contract nothing more and no couple of adult persons should be denied that contract. Stop making a big deal about nothing.


    Actually the divorce rate is very skewed because there are many more divorces of people in the 18-30. if you take them out of the equation and just count the people over 30 who are serious about this issue you will get a very much different conclusion.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #44
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    If love, kids, stable families are all rationales off the table for reasons for marriage (which I agree somewhat given the standpoint of hetro marriage)...
    Kids and stable families are the only reasons I care about. I don't see why they would be off the table.

  5. #45
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Actually the divorce rate is very skewed because there are many more divorces of people in the 18-30. if you take them out of the equation and just count the people over 30 who are serious about this issue you will get a very much different conclusion.
    But that's not traditional marriage. Traditional marriage happens in the 14-18 age bracket.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  6. #46
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Kids and stable families are the only reasons I care about. I don't see why they would be off the table.
    And you may feel that they are important. I was just stating that kids and promoting stable families were reasons given for keeping marriage between a man and a women and they are reject with arguments from the GRM.

  7. #47
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    I'll say it's entirely about money the minute every str8 married couple says they are married just for money. It's a ridiculous assertion. To say love and their kids are off the table is also ridiculous. There have been kids of same sex couples who've gone into emotional testimony trying to fight gay marriage bans, and who are you to say what it means to them? It's about *both* financial stability and legitimacy.

    Also, this is the worst poll ever. Why the hell would i even consider voting that straights are intolerant when half support gay marriage?
    You misinterpreted my statement. Kids, love, and promoting stable families are traditional rationales for making marriage only between a man and a women. Any review of the talking heads or other arguments state that these things are not necessary for marriage. So if they are not necessary for marriage as some (not all GRM people argue), then the only reason to get married is taxes.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    You misinterpreted my statement. Kids, love, and promoting stable families are traditional rationales for making marriage only between a man and a women. Any review of the talking heads or other arguments state that these things are not necessary for marriage. So if they are not necessary for marriage as some (not all GRM people argue), then the only reason to get married is taxes.
    When the gay gene is found,, Kids will be a great reason for approving of gay marriage. People who don't want gay babies can give the babies up for adoption to gay couples. Love, of course, is an argument in favor of gay marriage. Gay marriage will stabilize the families of the gay couples. all of your arguments seem to be pro-gay marriage? ,

  9. #49
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    When the gay gene is found,, Kids will be a great reason for approving of gay marriage. People who don't want gay babies can give the babies up for adoption to gay couples. Love, of course, is an argument in favor of gay marriage. Gay marriage will stabilize the families of the gay couples. all of your arguments seem to be pro-gay marriage? ,
    My argument is the the GRM movement have to talk about "rights" because talking about taxes makes this less sexy. And because they talk about "rights" instead of taxes they are dishonest. Again, I would be for the gay marriage if the people I see on TV actually talked about why they they want marriage instead of talking about "rights." Like in most things, this is about money.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: When the issue is gay marriage who are the intolerant ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by hallam View Post
    My argument is the the GRM movement have to talk about "rights" because talking about taxes makes this less sexy. And because they talk about "rights" instead of taxes they are dishonest. Again, I would be for the gay marriage if the people I see on TV actually talked about why they they want marriage instead of talking about "rights." Like in most things, this is about money.
    Everyone you disagree with means "money" when they say "love" , huh. Or maybe money is all you can hear because money is all you can love.

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •