View Poll Results: Is US military action against North Korea imminent?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Kim Jong Un will calm down or Obama will ignore him.

    54 50.94%
  • North Korea will be hit with US air, drone and missle strikes.

    14 13.21%
  • A full land invasion of North Korea by US forces is coming soon.

    18 16.98%
  • Other

    20 18.87%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 142

Thread: War/military action against North Korea predictions

  1. #21
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    No one really knows whats going to happen at this point. It all depends on Kim Jong Un. The possibility of a nuclear war was always trumped by the M.A.D theory (mutually assured destruction). But than again that model operates under the assumption that the actors in question are RATIONAL human beings. If N. Korea does control operative nuclear weapons, the fate of the world as we know it all depends if Kim Jong Un is a rational human being. If not, even the tiniest of "provocation", such as the death of a N. Korean military official for example, could spark a nuclear fallout.


    SO... in closing.....

    I hope every one is good with Jesus
    One thing we have in our favor is Un doesn't has a missle delivery system capable of carrying out a nuclear strike against the US except the US territory of Guam, but that doesn't mean SK or Japan along with our troops there are safe. Nor doesn't mean he can't put a nuke on a fishing boat and try to get it off the coast of California or Hawaii nor does if mean he can't sell/give nukes to Al Qaeda. All made possible by our key ally in the war on terror, Pakistan ...after the 9-11 attacks.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You don't need F-22s to shoot down MiG-21s, the F-22 fighter platform was a ridiculously over budget unnecessary project that did not give the United States meaningful abilities in the air it did not already have. And when you factor in the cost you could have purchased many more fully capable and wholly sufficient F-15Es or even more drones to deliver a greater payload with just as much accuracy and safety to the pilot as a F-22.
    "Oh"......and what About the Mig 29. Do you think the F 15 can take those on? Also we have only a total of 160 F22. Moreover Drones wont work over N Korea. Ya have to control the Sky first.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    One thing we have in our favor is Un doesn't has a missle delivery system capable of carrying out a nuclear strike against the US except the US territory of Guam, but that doesn't mean SK or Japan along with our troops there are safe. Nor doesn't mean he can't put a nuke on a fishing boat and try to get it off the coast of California or Hawaii nor does if mean he can't sell/give nukes to Al Qaeda. All made possible by our key ally in the war on terror, Pakistan ...after the 9-11 attacks.
    He does have 40 Submarines and Also they are Capable of Hitting Japan and possibly our west Coast. As to where they got this Capability. It was China as they gave them the Launchers.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Maybe you better get on the phone and tell Obama he doesn't need to deploy those F-22's.

    BTW: The F-15 E is a tactical strike aircraft not an air superiority fighter. It's the closest thing we could come up with for the replacement of the F-111.

    The F-15 C is the air superiority fighter.
    The majority of them are Sitting up in Alaska and on our West Coast. Minus what he has just sent there but I heard those ones came from Japan.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    Most think Un will back off of this and then as things die down. Launch some attack on S Korea once we go off heightened alert. Like they Did with the Shelling of those Islands or the Sinking of the Cheonan. Especially if we are distracted somewhere else.

  6. #26
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    I don't think he will calm down, but the USA will do nothing but huff and puff.

  7. #27
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    He does have 40 Submarines and Also they are Capable of Hitting Japan and possibly our west Coast. As to where they got this Capability. It was China as they gave them the Launchers.
    I did not know this. This makes the argument for regime change even more compelling.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  8. #28
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,174

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Kim Jong Un has IMHO already done enough to justify a US military response. He's pointed missiles at American bases in Japan and Guam. He cut the line that allows emergency communications between North and South Korea. Last year he fired missiles at a South Korean residitial area killing innocent civilians seemingly for no other reason than to look tough/crazy. Before his rise to power his father ignored the international community and has successfully proliferated nuclear weapons, weapons Junior now possesses. Under treaty agreements, military actions against South Korea are considered attacks on the United States of America. Un has publically stated a state of war exists between North South Korea, translation: he declared war against America under US treaty obligations. The question is will he come to his senses and back up and/or will president Obama spank that A and treat North Korea as part axis of evil or ignore him? My observation is Obama talks a good game of peace and love when it comes to playing nice with homocidal maniacs but still kicks butt most of the time.

    Not sure if I should even say this but I heard on relatively good authority troops scheduled for deployment in Afghanistan have had their orders cancelled 'in case they're needed elsewhere.' A new type of naval sea to surface battle ship never used before is now parked off the coast of North Korea.
    It's hard to say right now. It depends on how China would react. If China decides that they're done with NK, then it might happen. The big problem is the nukes. They probably can't nuke California, but they can nuke Seoul.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Maybe you better get on the phone and tell Obama he doesn't need to deploy those F-22's.

    BTW: The F-15 E is a tactical strike aircraft not an air superiority fighter. It's the closest thing we could come up with for the replacement of the F-111.

    The F-15 C is the air superiority fighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    With the F-22, yes. Insofar as it is a game of plane v plane. Without it, not as much, no.

    The F-35 is a nightmare because they tried to make the plane a replacement for everything else. The A-10? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    "Oh"......and what About the Mig 29. Do you think the F 15 can take those on? Also we have only a total of 160 F22. Moreover Drones wont work over N Korea. Ya have to control the Sky first.
    I always want the the troops to have the best equipment, but there's a practical side to this as well. I don't deny the F-22s superiority over anything else that flies these days, but in terms of dollars vs benefits I just don't see the value, its an air superiority fighter at at time when in our current wars we have air superiority by default meaning we don't even have to fight for it. Plus you have the fact that an F-22 costs about 5 times more than an F-15C, Apache was right about the designation, now does an F-22.

    Its an amazing piece of equipment that's for sure but I don't know if I see it as being worth the taxpayer dollars that went into it.

  10. #30
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: War/military action against North Korea predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Kim Jong Un has IMHO already done enough to justify a US military response. He's pointed missiles at American bases in Japan and Guam. He cut the line that allows emergency communications between North and South Korea. Last year he fired missiles at a South Korean residitial area killing innocent civilians seemingly for no other reason than to look tough/crazy. Before his rise to power his father ignored the international community and has successfully proliferated nuclear weapons, weapons Junior now possesses. Under treaty agreements, military actions against South Korea are considered attacks on the United States of America. Un has publically stated a state of war exists between North South Korea, translation: he declared war against America under US treaty obligations. The question is will he come to his senses and back up and/or will president Obama spank that A and treat North Korea as part axis of evil or ignore him? My observation is Obama talks a good game of peace and love when it comes to playing nice with homocidal maniacs but still kicks butt most of the time.

    Not sure if I should even say this but I heard on relatively good authority troops scheduled for deployment in Afghanistan have had their orders cancelled 'in case they're needed elsewhere.' A new type of naval sea to surface battle ship never used before is now parked off the coast of North Korea.
    North Korea has a history of pulling **** and nothing else happening.So I say no nothing is going to happen.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •