View Poll Results: How do you feel about female soldiers?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like them, GI Jane is HOT

    16 27.12%
  • Like them, but not on the front lines

    11 18.64%
  • I'm a realist, I don't like them

    7 11.86%
  • Potato

    25 42.37%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 188

Thread: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Why airline pilot? Attachment 67145401

    I'd think that anyone could sit behind a console and occasionally adjust a course. Most of the actual flying is done by the autopilot these days anyway.
    Because I've seen women drive!



    Seriously, I had a female airline pilot the other day, she couldn't have been 30 years old, I was biting my nails the whole flight.

    You remember the last plane that crashed in the US, I think it was near Buffalo? That was a woman pilot, she was texting when she should have been flying the damn plane.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Hack was an army puke, thought you was a Jarhaid. where did you two hook-up?

    I'd disagree on Marines vs SEALS and what washes a SEAL trainee out. I have several Jarhaid buddies, served with one as my Squad Leader in Germany, taught with the 'Nam vet who holds a sniper record, another is also a retired cop and a pistol Instructor. According to Chris Kyle in his book 'American Sniper' it isn't the water but the mental toughness. A Marine is only kidding himself if he thinks by going through Boot he did everything and more than a SEAL, and if only given the chance to play in the surf he coulda been one...

    No idea what a Camp Snoopy is, my day Army grunts went through TigerLand in Ft. Puke, Lousy Anna.

    I'd say most SEAL Teams are dry feet these days, those who went for Osama didn't come ashore with scuba gear. In Operation Anaconda SEAL Team mako 30 didn't swim ashore. Chris never swam into battle. Like I said, these days SEALs are elite ground forces that don't crawl out of the water ala 'Nam style.

    Now back to your claim the liberals infiltrated the Puzzle Palace to start social engineering in the 90's... did you forget the Truman years?
    You didn't go to the link and read "The Porcelain Soldier." Read it.

    There was no Camp Snoopy when your dad went through "Tiger Land." That's what the article is about. It's about what political correctness has done to the U.S. Army.

    BTW: Col. Hackworth until his death was the highest decorated American living at the time and no one has achieved what he has.

    I first started corresponding with Col. Hackworth after reading his book "About Face" when I learned that he was stationed at a small army air defense base that was located a block from my home in Manhattan Beach, Ca. on Rosecranse Ave. a quarter of a mile from the beach back in the late 50's. With the Nike Zeus and Nike Hercules SAM's ended the era of the 90 MM AAA's. But I wanted to hear more stories about this small Army installation that I saw every day when I was seven or eight years old. And he had some good stories.

    Once he found out that I did a tour in the Nam as a Marine we started talking about Marine Corps training and how the Army's training has been dumbed down over the years by political correctness. So we kept in touch for years.

    Re: >" it isn't the water but the mental toughness. "< I concur, your 100 % correct. Those who washed out of BUD's was not because of the physical training but they chose to drop out because their mind told them they couldn't continue, they quiot because their mind told them to quit. Many would be surprised what the human body can indure physicaly.

    Don't fall for the myth that all wars in the future will be fought hundreds of miles from the sea. Back I guess in 2000 I got in an argument with an Air Force "Top Kick" who happens to have a popular military forum on the internet. I mentioned how I wittness in Nam airmen, aircraft mechanics and other technicians running to the perimitter wire to assist the Marines from keeping charley off the base. Even one airman climbing on top of a M-48 tank and manning the .50 cal machinegun.

    My argument was that the Air Force should teach individual infantry training to every recruit.

    His argument was, that the Air Force will never again have bases in a combat zone like during the Vietnam War, that they will always be stationed a couple hundered miles from the combat zone.

    A few years later we were in Iraq and guess what the airmen were doing ? Doing the Army's job of protecting bases and riding convoy security in a war zone. Now it looks like it's the Navy who's not training their sailors during basic to be able to pick up a rifle and fight.

  3. #143
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Because I've seen women drive! Seriously, I had a female airline pilot the other day, she couldn't have been 30 years old, I was biting my nails the whole flight. You remember the last plane that crashed in the US, I think it was near Buffalo? That was a woman pilot, she was texting when she should have been flying the damn plane.
    OH you got so close to the real facts in the case, but alas it turned into one giant wiff and a miss.

    The female FIRST OFFICER sent two texts BEFORE takeoff, not while in flight. The crash was a result of a failure of the male senior officer, the pilot to recognize what the 'stick shaker' meant. He pulled up in the stall condition rather than down to gain airspeed, and he needed to throttle up.

    Nice try though...

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    You didn't go to the link and read "The Porcelain Soldier." Read it.

    There was no Camp Snoopy when your dad went through "Tiger Land." That's what the article is about. It's about what political correctness has done to the U.S. Army.

    BTW: Col. Hackworth until his death was the highest decorated American living at the time and no one has achieved what he has.

    I first started corresponding with Col. Hackworth after reading his book "About Face" when I learned that he was stationed at a small army air defense base that was located a block from my home in Manhattan Beach, Ca. on Rosecranse Ave. a quarter of a mile from the beach back in the late 50's. With the Nike Zeus and Nike Hercules SAM's ended the era of the 90 MM AAA's. But I wanted to hear more stories about this small Army installation that I saw every day when I was seven or eight years old. And he had some good stories.

    Once he found out that I did a tour in the Nam as a Marine we started talking about Marine Corps training and how the Army's training has been dumbed down over the years by political correctness. So we kept in touch for years.

    Re: >" it isn't the water but the mental toughness. "< I concur, your 100 % correct. Those who washed out of BUD's was not because of the physical training but they chose to drop out because their mind told them they couldn't continue, they quiot because their mind told them to quit. Many would be surprised what the human body can indure physicaly.

    Don't fall for the myth that all wars in the future will be fought hundreds of miles from the sea. Back I guess in 2000 I got in an argument with an Air Force "Top Kick" who happens to have a popular military forum on the internet. I mentioned how I wittness in Nam airmen, aircraft mechanics and other technicians running to the perimitter wire to assist the Marines from keeping charley off the base. Even one airman climbing on top of a M-48 tank and manning the .50 cal machinegun.

    My argument was that the Air Force should teach individual infantry training to every recruit.

    His argument was, that the Air Force will never again have bases in a combat zone like during the Vietnam War, that they will always be stationed a couple hundered miles from the combat zone.

    A few years later we were in Iraq and guess what the airmen were doing ? Doing the Army's job of protecting bases and riding convoy security in a war zone. Now it looks like it's the Navy who's not training their sailors during basic to be able to pick up a rifle and fight.
    I didn't say my dad, I said back in my DAY, my dad was a cannon cocker officer, no Tigerland for him.

    What does fighting on the perimeter in 'Nam mean about fighting in future ahhhh conflicts? fact is we train for the fight at hand, it is 'tween wars that training can be faulted for training for the last war, not the next one, hence our armor heavy forces ill equipt to stand guard after the Fall of Saddam. SEALS have long since shed their UDT roots, I'd say if they left the dirt only missions to the Army and stuck to the shoreline I'd agree, keep 'em wet...

    I can't agree with every Zoomie a rifleman, for that matter 90% of the army doesn't need the ACU or battle armor.

    The correct answer is SOME Zoomies were doing convoy escort duties but not the radar repairmen, the cooks and dozens of other specialties never set foot in an up-armored vehicle. Grand sweeping statements but the facts are the few needed to pull convoy duty doesn't mean every Zoomie needs to be a rifleman.

    Now can we get back to your very first statement about liberals embedded in the Puzzle Palace to begin social engineering in the 90's?

    Like much else, a grand sweeping statement that lacks any facts... the military has been a social engineer since the end of WWI.

    Female soldiers, not every female can be a soldier, and that is just someone who is in uniform, but then again i can assure us all not every man can be one as well.

  5. #145
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,820

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Haha bite your tongue grandpa. You're still here? I would have figured someone would have unplugged your respirator by now, you senile old bastard.
    You harbor mediocre and disproved opinions from the 60's, and I am old?

    Right.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    You harbor mediocre and disproved opinions from the 60's, and I am old?

    Right.


    I hate you but I like you at the same time. Damn cranky old buzzard.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I didn't say my dad, I said back in my DAY, my dad was a cannon cocker officer, no Tigerland for him.

    What does fighting on the perimeter in 'Nam mean about fighting in future ahhhh conflicts? fact is we train for the fight at hand, it is 'tween wars that training can be faulted for training for the last war, not the next one, hence our armor heavy forces ill equipt to stand guard after the Fall of Saddam. SEALS have long since shed their UDT roots, I'd say if they left the dirt only missions to the Army and stuck to the shoreline I'd agree, keep 'em wet...

    I can't agree with every Zoomie a rifleman, for that matter 90% of the army doesn't need the ACU or battle armor.

    The correct answer is SOME Zoomies were doing convoy escort duties but not the radar repairmen, the cooks and dozens of other specialties never set foot in an up-armored vehicle. Grand sweeping statements but the facts are the few needed to pull convoy duty doesn't mean every Zoomie needs to be a rifleman.

    Now can we get back to your very first statement about liberals embedded in the Puzzle Palace to begin social engineering in the 90's?

    Like much else, a grand sweeping statement that lacks any facts... the military has been a social engineer since the end of WWI.

    Female soldiers, not every female can be a soldier, and that is just someone who is in uniform, but then again i can assure us all not every man can be one as well.
    Did you go to the link and read "The Porcelain Soldier" ? It's all there.

    As for the Navy SEAL's, I don't speak for them, I can only go by what I personally observe and by what I'm personally told by those in the Naval Special Warfare community.

    You know what a MEU is don't you ? Marine Expeditionary Unit. It roughly a reinforced Marine rifle battalion that is deployed on six month cruise on U.S. Navy amphibious assault ships. There's usually Navy SEAL's attached to every MEU.

    NAVY SEALs - MEU(SOC) & FAST Marines

    Naval Special Warfare Group ONE

    BTW: did you get to read "Bush's Secret War Against Al Qaeda" when some idiot back in 2011 started to put up classified information on the internet before it was scrubbed from the internet. Just about all of the SEAL's missions mentioned started from the sea and involved swimming. Yemen is not a land locked country and neither is Somalia.

  8. #148
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Because I've seen women drive!



    Seriously, I had a female airline pilot the other day, she couldn't have been 30 years old, I was biting my nails the whole flight.

    You remember the last plane that crashed in the US, I think it was near Buffalo? That was a woman pilot, she was texting when she should have been flying the damn plane.
    Check your facts. You are mistaken about her texting and flying.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  9. #149
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Sorry if I'm misinformed, but, wouldn't some women struggle to carry the heavy gear?
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Sorry if I'm misinformed, but, wouldn't some women struggle to carry the heavy gear?
    Yes, they would. Most of them, actually.

    A combat load's no joke, especially when you're carrying it for days on end.

    What's your opinion on female soldiers?-blog-us-light-inf-jpg
    What's your opinion on female soldiers?-infantryman-carries-full-combat-load-everett-jpg
    What's your opinion on female soldiers?-infantry-jpg

    We had a female soldier dislocate her shoulder carrying not half that much gear during basic training.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •