View Poll Results: How do you feel about female soldiers?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like them, GI Jane is HOT

    16 27.12%
  • Like them, but not on the front lines

    11 18.64%
  • I'm a realist, I don't like them

    7 11.86%
  • Potato

    25 42.37%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 188

Thread: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

  1. #111
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    All you have to do is look at the shape of our military is today compared to four years ago.

    I've read Obama's books and Obama believes that America shouldn't be a superpower. In fact Obama believes the entire world's playing field should be leveled where no country is better than any other country. That no country should have a stronger military than any other.

    In Obama's own wordfs from "Dreams From My Father" Obama said "I never looked upon my self as an American but as an internationalist."

    I think the face of the U.S. military scares Obama. He has said he wanted to change the face of the U.S. military and that's what he has been doing for the past four years.

    Maybe what scares Obama and also many liberals is that only 3 % of the Officers Corps identify themselves as being liberal. Or that only 20 % serving in the military identify themselves as being Democrats.

    Dumb down the military, change it's cultural, customs, traditions and it's regulations, it may make the military more attractive to liberals.

    I consider myself an internationalist in some ways, and I'm a patriot. I don't think Obama is scared of anything, he's the pres.

    Aside from being an internationalist of sort, I'm also a hawk. And ya know what? It kinda looks like Obama is too, or maybe that was mostly Hillary.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Well I do have standards for my sources, after all not being an expert in many many many subjects I do have to know which sources are trustworthy and which aren't so they dont give me bad information.
    >" Women were active participants in Israel's 1948 war for independence. At some point during the war it was decided that women would no longer participate in battle but would fulfill other roles.

    Women no longer participate in front line combat, but they train for it, and teach it to recruits. Many women have the status of "Kravi", or "Combat troops".

    The Women's Corps was founded on May 16, 1948. Within a year it was decided that they would serve for the most part within male units but would still be part of the Women's Corps which would act as a professional support system for women in all branches of the IDF.

    Women serve in support and combat support roles in the IDF, recently they have been allowed additional options but they still do not serve in active combat.


    Around the world there has been some discussion about whether or not women should serve in active front-line combat. In Israel it is clear that despite the vast contribution of women in the military, active combat is not an option. This decision is based on the physical and biological differences between men and women but also for moral reasons. "< Women in idf

    Funny, nobody has ever been able to produce any combat footage of women in the IDF fighting in combat. It's just a myth used by liberals to further their social engineering agenda.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I consider myself an internationalist in some ways, and I'm a patriot. I don't think Obama is scared of anything, he's the pres.

    Aside from being an internationalist of sort, I'm also a hawk. And ya know what? It kinda looks like Obama is too, or maybe that was mostly Hillary.
    Obama is an incompetent "Hawk." Obama is also an incompetent Cn'C.

    Remember back in 2009 when General McChrystal requested a troop surge in Afghanistan ? It took Obama over three months to approve the surge while American troops were being killed and bleeding.

    Do we need to touch on the ROE that Obama signed off on that favor the enemy and are getting our troops killed in Afghanistan ?

    Did you hear the other week another Navy SEAL has come out who was on the Bin Laden raid. He confirms what former Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette wrote in his book. That the other stories and the White House story are BS.

    It also confirms that it was three months after we discovered where OBL was hiding before Sec. of Defense Panetta signed off on the actual mission, not Obama. That there were a number of times they (SEAL's) were ready to carry out the mission and they kept being told to stand down. That the mission was finally dropped in Admiral McRavens lap so if the mission failed the White House would lay all the blame on Admiral McRaven and the Navy SEAL's.

    Benghazi, complete incompetency.

    Having five Nimitz class carriers tied to the wharf next to each other in Norfolk and unable to put to sea shows that Obama is a national security risk.

  4. #114
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Obama is an incompetent "Hawk." Obama is also an incompetent Cn'C.

    Remember back in 2009 when General McChrystal requested a troop surge in Afghanistan ? It took Obama over three months to approve the surge while American troops were being killed and bleeding.

    Do we need to touch on the ROE that Obama signed off on that favor the enemy and are getting our troops killed in Afghanistan ?

    Did you hear the other week another Navy SEAL has come out who was on the Bin Laden raid. He confirms what former Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette wrote in his book. That the other stories and the White House story are BS.

    It also confirms that it was three months after we discovered where OBL was hiding before Sec. of Defense Panetta signed off on the actual mission, not Obama. That there were a number of times they (SEAL's) were ready to carry out the mission and they kept being told to stand down. That the mission was finally dropped in Admiral McRavens lap so if the mission failed the White House would lay all the blame on Admiral McRaven and the Navy SEAL's.

    Benghazi, complete incompetency.

    Having five Nimitz class carriers tied to the wharf next to each other in Norfolk and unable to put to sea shows that Obama is a national security risk.
    The president of the US is scared of the military politically and diplomatically and is thus attempting to destroy it? And, I suppose, previous Dem presidents also attempted to destroy the US military because they feared it politically and diplomatically?

    Are you saving a part where Obama is trying to kill off vets?

    The thing is, there are not enough lunatics in this country to vote that monster you see into office, let alone to stand aside and watch it happen. Your accusations to motive are about as viable as Bush working with AlQ to cause 911.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 04-01-13 at 03:58 AM.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The president of the US is scared of the military politically and diplomatically and is thus attempting to destroy it? And, I suppose, previous Dem presidents also attempted to destroy the US military because they feared it politically and diplomatically?

    Are you saving a part where Obama is trying to kill off vets?

    The thing is, there are not enough lunatics in this country to vote that monster you see into office, let alone to stand aside and watch it happen.

    That's why we have the Second Amendment.

    Wait a second, that also is under attack by Obama.

  6. #116
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    That's why we have the Second Amendment.

    Wait a second, that also is under attack by Obama.
    Well... at least you think he is a cunning, thorough and effective saboteur, that shows some respect for the office. You and the Truthers share that.

    Do you believe Obama was born in America and is not a Muslim?
    Last edited by ecofarm; 04-01-13 at 04:12 AM.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Well... at least you think he is a cunning, thorough and effective saboteur, that shows some respect for the office. You and the Truthers share that.

    Do you believe Obama was born in America and is not a Muslim?
    Why would you put me in the category with the "birthers" ?

    I believe Obama was born in Hawaii but I'm also a Constitutionalists and have also studied "The Laws of Nations" and I read the notes of the authors of the Fourteenth Amendment who also quote the "Laws of Nations", "Son follows the condition of his father." It was the law of the land until 2008.

    It's my opinion that Obama is a "Native Born U.S. Citizen." He is not a "Natural Born Citizen" because his father was a British Subject and a citizen of Kenya.


    Remember this poll back in January "

    >" Sixty-three percent of registered voters in the U.S. buy into at least one politicalconspiracy theory, according to results from a recent Fairleigh Dickinson University PublicMindPoll. The nationwide survey of registered voters asked Americans to evaluate four different political conspiracy theories: 56 percent of Democrats and 75 percent of Republicans say that atleast one is likely true. This includes 36 percent who think that President Obama is hidinginformation about his background and early life, 25 percent who think that the government knewabout 9/11 in advance, and 19 percent who think the 2012 Presidential election was stolen.Generally, the more people know about current events, the less likely they are to believe inconspiracy theories – but not among Republicans, where more knowledge leads to greater belief in political conspiracies. "< Fairleigh Dickinson poll on conspiracy theories

    By any chance ecofarm, are you a "Truther" ? 37 % of Democrats seem to be "Truthers." They are nuttier that the "birthers."

  8. #118
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,039

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I'll be honest, they gross me out. I don't like them one bit.

    First, it's a waste of tax dollars to give women guns and have them running around playing GI Jane.

    Second, what happens if a woman is caught in battle? A woman is a liability out there.

    Women are physically, mentally, and emotionally not cut out to be soldiers. For that reason, they have not been soldiers all throughout human history.

    It's only in our modern, metrosexual era where Hollywood replaces reality that we are deluded enouigh to believe that men and women are exactly the same in every respect.
    When I was in the infantry I occasionally took part of the zeitgeist. If every Marine was supposed to be a rifleman, and women were incapable of being riflemen, how could women be Marines? It was more of a commonly accepted joke than a fervently defended belief because we only very rarely interacted with female Marines.

    Since leaving the Infantry, I've been fortunate enough to serve with females who have powerfully disabused me of that notion - while I still think putting them in the infantry would be very problematic, there are indeed Marines who happen to be female rather than Females who call themselves Marines. Sure you get alot of drama seekers. Take a girl who wasn't much in High School, and then put her in a scenario where she is one of 10 females out of 120 people, and all the males are usually young, fit, and more likely to be alpha-type personalities, it's hard to see how they wouldn't enjoy and take advantage of the attention. That's one of the strongest temptations, when you're young.

    But you get those who rise above. I had a female corporal under me who I fought like hell to get meritoriously promoted to Sgt, and whom I would have no problem seeing fill the role of the first female SgtMaj of the Marine Corps. She embodied disciplined, motivated, professionalism. If I was stuck out there and heard that she was leading the team to come get me, I'd take sincere comfort in that, knowing it was only a matter of time. Depending on how generous I was feeling, I might even apologize to my captors for what was about to happen to them. Half a world away, and I still contact her when I have a question, and visa-versa.


    Men and women arent' the same in every respect. The hollywood crap where 120 pound women throw 210 pound bruisers around like dolls with their super skills? That's crap. But women can still make fantastic Marines, and I rather tend to assume that they would be outstanding soldiers, sailors, or airmen as well.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Voted potato because this has to be the dumbest poll question I've seen in a looooooooooooooong time.

  10. #120
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: What's your opinion on female soldiers?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Why would you put me in the category with the "birthers" ?
    I didn't put you in that catagory but I think your position is close, as it is close to Truthers. You contend massive subterfuge, to the level of 100s of compliant people all failing to blow a whistle, in a grand plot to take down the US military by the president and other lunatic agents already present or since assigned to the Federal Government Overthrow Project.

    It's CT. It's not to the level of Truther or Birther, but it's gettin close so I thought I'd ask.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •