View Poll Results: Could you accept no government recognized marriages as a compromise?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • I oppose SSM but could accept no government recognized marriage as a compromise.

    6 7.59%
  • I support SSM but could accept no government reconized marriage as a compromise

    24 30.38%
  • I oppose SSM It's a function of government to recognize legitimate marriages. No compromise.

    7 8.86%
  • I support SSM. It's a function of government to recognize legitimate marriages. No compromise.

    42 53.16%
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 503

Thread: Same sex marriage compromise

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    What reason?

    You don't have any reason, all you have is your minority opinion which is worth zilch against federal law which has been tested at the U.S. Supreme Court.
    You can not simply excuse reason by a Argumentum ad populum argument.

  2. #392
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You can not simply excuse reason by a Argumentum ad populum argument.


    You lost this argument almost 50 years ago when the U.S. Congress passed, and President Johnson signed, the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

    Keep shoveling sand against the tide, won't change a thing.

  3. #393
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    You lost this argument almost 50 years ago when the U.S. Congress passed, and President Johnson signed, the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

    Keep shoveling sand against the tide, won't change a thing.
    Some people can't handle the reality that actually exists, they're too busy wishing for a reality that isn't true.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Some people can't handle the reality that actually exists, they're too busy wishing for a reality that isn't true.
    I think it is established that I know the law exists. Do you have anything intelligent to add?

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    You lost this argument almost 50 years ago when the U.S. Congress passed, and President Johnson signed, the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

    Keep shoveling sand against the tide, won't change a thing.
    I have no reason to argue against something that refuses to engage in debate over the merits of what they support and instead wish to partake in an endless stream of logical fallacies. I consider this talk over and your argument pathetic.

  6. #396
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I have no reason to argue against something that refuses to engage in debate over the merits of what they support and instead wish to partake in an endless stream of logical fallacies. I consider this talk over and your argument pathetic.
    That's fine, we consider you the same way.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #397
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    That's fine, we consider you the same way.
    Nothing logical would you to that conclusion.

  8. #398
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,797

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Nothing logical would you to that conclusion.


    Whatever you say.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #399
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I consider this talk over and your argument pathetic.


    You lost the argument when you started opposing the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

    The merits of the 1964 Civil Rights Act have already been decided by the U.S. Supreme Court, your minority opinion isn't worth the paper it's not printed on.

    The fact that you don't see that shows exactly what kind of a person you are.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 03-28-13 at 08:36 PM.

  10. #400
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post


    Whatever you say.
    Yes, whatever I say indeed. Learn to accept your complete lack of an argument is not the same as winning a debate.

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •