View Poll Results: Could you accept no government recognized marriages as a compromise?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • I oppose SSM but could accept no government recognized marriage as a compromise.

    6 7.59%
  • I support SSM but could accept no government reconized marriage as a compromise

    24 30.38%
  • I oppose SSM It's a function of government to recognize legitimate marriages. No compromise.

    7 8.86%
  • I support SSM. It's a function of government to recognize legitimate marriages. No compromise.

    42 53.16%
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 503

Thread: Same sex marriage compromise

  1. #371
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,769

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What are you talking about? I want the government out of the marriage business. Do you know what that means to your argument?
    Yeah, another so-called libertarian said the same thing in another thread, yet he just wanted what the government did to stop being called marriage, he wanted them to continue being in the "civil union" business.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #372
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Yeah, another so-called libertarian said the same thing in another thread, yet he just wanted what the government did to stop being called marriage, he wanted them to continue being in the "civil union" business.
    I have no idea who you are talking about and I honestly don't care.

  3. #373
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,769

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I have no idea who you are talking about and I honestly don't care.
    Yeah, caring about consistency is clearly something you don't do.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #374
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Yeah, caring about consistency is clearly something you don't do.
    What this other poster has to say on the subject has no bearing on me, sorry.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What this other poster has to say on the subject has no bearing on me, sorry.
    ...just letting you know that see through you bull****, having dealt with it many times before.

  6. #376
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,373

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    None of the above. I support nationally recognized civil unions for any two consenting adults.

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    ...just letting you know that see through you bull****, having dealt with it many times before.

  8. #378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    None of the above. I support nationally recognized civil unions for any two consenting adults.
    So you support discriminating against people based on marital status.

  9. #379
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    ...just letting you know that see through you bull****, having dealt with it many times before.


    I have to wonder where Henrin lives, that he was taught and believes that any place of public accommodation can refuse service to anyone based on race, color, religion, or national origin.

    I lived in Southeast Louisiana for about 20 years and I ate and drank in a lot restaurants, bars, etc. and stayed in a lot of hotels, motels. Did not see a single place that refused service to anyone based on their race, color, religion, or national origin.

    Henrin is full of malarkey.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
    Last edited by shrubnose; 03-28-13 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Add link.

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I have to wonder where Henrin lives, that he was taught and believes that any place of public accommodation can refuse service to anyone based on race, color, religion, or national origin.

    I lived in Southeast Louisiana for about 20 years and I ate and drank in a lot restaurants, bars, etc. and stayed in a lot of hotels, motels. Did not see a single place that refused service to anyone based on their race, color, religion, or national origin.

    Henrin is full of malarkey.

    Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Facepalm..

    I'm aware of what the law says and I'm aware that is all you guys have. You should try reading in the future.

    I'm still waiting for any defense of that part of the law. Anyone want to give it a shot?

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •