View Poll Results: Could you accept no government recognized marriages as a compromise?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • I oppose SSM but could accept no government recognized marriage as a compromise.

    6 7.59%
  • I support SSM but could accept no government reconized marriage as a compromise

    24 30.38%
  • I oppose SSM It's a function of government to recognize legitimate marriages. No compromise.

    7 8.86%
  • I support SSM. It's a function of government to recognize legitimate marriages. No compromise.

    42 53.16%
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 503

Thread: Same sex marriage compromise

  1. #361
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Where do you get that silly idea? All property is open to who the owner/s wants in. This idea that somehow business is different is simply wrong.
    Don't know what country you live in.....but in the United States, business entities are not free to keep out who they want. Sorry. That's just the facts. Doh!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Don't know what country you live in.....but in the United States, business entities are not free to keep out who they want. Sorry. That's just the facts. Doh!
    I'm guessing you can't defend the absurd idea that somehow businesses are open to the public when it's clear they are not.


    Fact: There is no such thing as an open to the public business. Come up with a different defense of the law.
    Last edited by Henrin; 03-28-13 at 02:30 PM.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Yeah, you go trying to ban blacks at your place of business and see how that works out for you.
    Is that the best you got? Hahahahaha..

  4. #364
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Is that the best you got? Hahahahaha..
    It was plenty to bulldoze over your idiotic libertarian nonsense, but to be honest, that doesn't take much.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #365
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm guessing you can't defend the absurd idea that somehow businesses are open to the public when it's clear they are not.


    Fact: There is no such thing as an open to the public business. Come up with a different defense of the law.
    I'm guessing that actually it is you how cannot defend the ridiculous idea that you can open a business in the United State and can decide who you will serve. Let me give you a clue....just because you can type "Fact"....doesn't make it so. Try opening a business in the United States and not serve blacks or women. Lets see what happens. I think you are in for a rude awakening. Sorry.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It was plenty to bulldoze over your idiotic libertarian nonsense, but to be honest, that doesn't take much.
    Do you wish to provide a defense for the law?

  7. #367
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It was plenty to bulldoze over your idiotic libertarian nonsense, but to be honest, that doesn't take much.
    He's not a true Libertarian. No Libertarian would argue that government has a right to decide who can marry who. He's a cafeteria Libertarian at best.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'm guessing that actually it is you how cannot defend the ridiculous idea that you can open a business in the United State and can decide who you will serve. Let me give you a clue....just because you can type "Fact"....doesn't make it so. Try opening a business in the United States and not serve blacks or women. Lets see what happens. I think you are in for a rude awakening. Sorry.
    I love how people can't defend this part of the law so they keep referring back to the law in debate after debate after debate on the subject. That isn't even an argument.

    I'm talking about how property actually works and you keep going back to the law which is the entire dispute. Do you even realize this? No.

  9. #369
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    He's not a true Libertarian. No Libertarian would argue that government has a right to decide who can marry who. He's a cafeteria Libertarian at best.
    Libertarianism is a cafeteria position to begin with, anyone with a wingnut political agenda that can't get into a real political party hangs out the "libertarian" sign on their porch.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Same sex marriage compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    He's not a true Libertarian. No Libertarian would argue that government has a right to decide who can marry who. He's a cafeteria Libertarian at best.
    What are you talking about? I want the government out of the marriage business. Do you know what that means to your argument?

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •