View Poll Results: Do nuclear bombs kill people?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    18 58.06%
  • no

    13 41.94%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People?

    Not always.

    Sometimes you just turn into a deformed zombie.

  2. #12
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People

    Why the [RIP] tag? Meant to post some pics of dead kids to further the political nonsense? It's time to bust out the abomb pics? What, are we running out of disabled dying vets to pump this week's message?

  3. #13
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Simple question:
    Do nuclear bombs kill people?
    Do cars kill people?

  4. #14
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Why the [RIP] tag? Meant to post some pics of dead kids to further the political nonsense? It's time to bust out the abomb pics? What, are we running out of disabled dying vets to pump this week's message?
    It means this thread needs to be killed because i ****ed up the poll part


  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People?

    No, people kill people! Amirite?

    Serious answer: Yes, nuclear weapons kill people, but, in order for them to kill people, other people have to use them. In other words, like guns, they don't act on their own (unless there's some extreme malfunction). On the contrary, in order to do anything at all, nukes have to be MADE to act by human beings or machines/computers created by human beings.

    Now, those facts can have many implications and raise a lot of questions. Is it okay to have nukes if we just ensure that those around them are responsible? What should we do to make sure those with access to nukes act responsibly? Should we get rid of nukes out of fear people won't act responsibility? And so on. The answers to those questions depends on who you ask.

  6. #16
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    It means this thread needs to be killed because i ****ed up the poll part
    I can't figure out if this is an abortion or gay rights thread.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People?

    Stupidity kills more people than nuclear warheads.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,184

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, people kill people! Amirite?

    Serious answer: Yes, nuclear weapons kill people, but, in order for them to kill people, other people have to use them. In other words, like guns, they don't act on their own (unless there's some extreme malfunction). On the contrary, in order to do anything at all, nukes have to be MADE to act by human beings or machines/computers created by human beings.

    Now, those facts can have many implications and raise a lot of questions. Is it okay to have nukes if we just ensure that those around them are responsible? What should we do to make sure those with access to nukes act responsibly? Should we get rid of nukes out of fear people won't act responsibility? And so on. The answers to those questions depends on who you ask.

    Figured it was something like that.

    Look, this really just isn't a good comparison, as has been pointed out many times.

    Nuclear bombs are strategic weapons systems, with a large-scale area effect and the potential to affect people many miles away from the blast radius via fallout or electromagnetic pulse or other effects. It is impossible to use a nuke to target an individual enemy; it is all but impossible to maintain or use nuclear weapons without a supporting organization of thousands of people; it is all but impossible to use a nuke without inflicting thousands or millions of injuries and deaths including civilian "collateral damage". Imagining a legitimate purpose for nukes other than destroying other nations and their civilian populations is a stretch.

    Guns, by comparison, are personal weapons that are capable of targeting individual enemies and are not typically area-effect weapons. They can be used by an individual for legitimate purposes such as self-defense and sport. They do not require a massive infrastructure for maintenance and deployment.

    It is literally a firecrackers vs atom-bombs comparison that makes apples and oranges look identical.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,184

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People Dupe threads merged. RIP tag was a mistake and has been removed.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do Nuclear Bombs Kill People?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Figured it was something like that.

    Look, this really just isn't a good comparison, as has been pointed out many times.

    Nuclear bombs are strategic weapons systems, with a large-scale area effect and the potential to affect people many miles away from the blast radius via fallout or electromagnetic pulse or other effects. It is impossible to use a nuke to target an individual enemy; it is all but impossible to maintain or use nuclear weapons without a supporting organization of thousands of people; it is all but impossible to use a nuke without inflicting thousands or millions of injuries and deaths including civilian "collateral damage". Imagining a legitimate purpose for nukes other than destroying other nations and their civilian populations is a stretch.

    Guns, by comparison, are personal weapons that are capable of targeting individual enemies and are not typically area-effect weapons. They can be used by an individual for legitimate purposes such as self-defense and sport. They do not require a massive infrastructure for maintenance and deployment.

    It is literally a firecrackers vs atom-bombs comparison that makes apples and oranges look identical.
    It's also a useful tool to confuse the anti-gun nuts who think that guns walk around with a mind of their own and fire at people, or that everyone carrying a gun is a mass murderer waiting to happen.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •