View Poll Results: Did this teen get punished too harshly?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    49 50.00%
  • Yes

    20 20.41%
  • I would have looked at other options

    22 22.45%
  • Counseling would have been best

    7 7.14%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 200

Thread: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Parents Force Girl to Hold Sign as Punishment for Being Disrespectful. Tough Love or Too Much?

    Worried about their 13-year-old daughter's increasingly disrespectful behavior, Gentry and Renee Nickell of Crestview, Florida, decided to make her punishment humiliating and public. On Saturday, the teen (whose name has not been released) spent 90 minutes standing at a busy intersection with a hand-written sign describing her sins.

    It read: "Iím a self-entitled teenager w/no respect for authority. Iím also super smart, yet I have 3 'Dís' because I DONíT CARE."

    Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs
    Seems to me that if she's a D student then that 90 minutes could have been better spent studying.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Seems to me that if she's a D student then that 90 minutes could have been better spent studying.
    Evidently she could not even get that right.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    46 people said NO, I guess that means parenting overall is still being practiced

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    No, they are grown, their mother gave them everything and now she has no retirement to look forward to as far as her savings go. She pretty much let them get away with murder when they were young now they treat her like ****, pretty much like most liberal parented kids act.
    So...you have never told your step children that you think they are 'horrible'?

    But you do think they are 'horrible'.


    Yup...I am beginning to get a picture of you.


    Did you tell your wife that you think her children are 'horrible'?

    And if so, how did she react to her husband calling her children 'horrible'?

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So...you have never told your step children that you think they are 'horrible'?

    But you do think they are 'horrible'.


    Yup...I am beginning to get a picture of you.


    Did you tell your wife that you think her children are 'horrible'?

    And if so, how did she react to her husband calling her children 'horrible'?
    I don't have to point out to here what she already realizes. She regrets not letting me have more influence with her son now that he is gone. Everyone thought he needed to nurtured and treated with kid gloves. He is in the ground now because of that thinking.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I don't have to point out to here what she already realizes. She regrets not letting me have more influence with her son now that he is gone. Everyone thought he needed to nurtured and treated with kid gloves. He is in the ground now because of that thinking.
    So, you think your wife's children - your step children - are 'horrible'; and you don't think she has a right to know that little fact about you?

    So instead, you tell this fact to strangers on a chat forum and not to your own family.

    Boy, you're quite the beacon of fortitude and honor...


    Have a nice day.

  7. #187
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    There is nothing easy about teaching children who have been taught that they are worthless.
    that is so true.

    any teacher will verify that.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  8. #188
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    That's not easy, either.

    Isn't there some other course, something besides teaching a child that he/she is worthless or teaching them that there are no consequences for their actions?
    apparently not in some people's minds.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  9. #189
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I would have used this tactic without question if everything else had failed. I raised my kids this way and all are respectful adults with great jobs and families. We are all very close.

    I am on my second marriage and my current wife raised her three believing as you do. One of them is already dead because of emotional issues he could not deal with and her two daughters treat her like **** and do not respect her. She has spent her life savings trying to please these kids now adults. So from personal experience I will support what these parents did.
    this is what you say.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Were these parents too harsh on their daughter?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So, you think your wife's children - your step children - are 'horrible'; and you don't think she has a right to know that little fact about you?

    So instead, you tell this fact to strangers on a chat forum and not to your own family.

    Boy, you're quite the beacon of fortitude and honor...


    Have a nice day.
    And you are naive. good riddance

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •