View Poll Results: What do you guys think of the outcome?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Constitution will live another day!

    25 83.33%
  • Congress is cowardly!

    3 10.00%
  • Dont give a rats a**

    2 6.67%
  • What assault weapons bill?

    1 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: "Assault Weapons" Ban shot down in Senate

  1. #61
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: "Assault Weapons" Ban shot down in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racer View Post
    I'm not going to change your opinion so I won't try, but I will make this statement. I know a lot of folks with guns that were on that list and not a single one have ever killed a single person. You say those gun's are only purposed to kill lots of people, but I have never seen any of the ones I know do that.
    Just because someone owns one of those weapons does not mean they are randomly going to start shooting people. Its not like owning an assault weapon is a trigger message to start shooting people.


    I have always been of the mindset that if you are not comfortable around firearms then I suggest you not have one. I would rather folks just say that then to say no one should own them. I have more respect for someone who says they don't need one than those who try to take them all.
    Im actually very comfortable around firearms. I own several, and have shot an "assault rifle" a couple times. I own several shotguns and one handgun.


  2. #62
    Professor
    Dirt Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    02-19-16 @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: "Assault Weapons" Ban shot down in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Just because someone owns one of those weapons does not mean they are randomly going to start shooting people. Its not like owning an assault weapon is a trigger message to start shooting people.



    Im actually very comfortable around firearms. I own several, and have shot an "assault rifle" a couple times. I own several shotguns and one handgun.
    I agree with your assertion that owning one of these guns doesn't automatically makes you start killing. Your post said they are purposed only for killing large numbers of people though. That is not the case as I know people who hunt with them, target shoot with them and train with them and never killed a single person, let alone multiples. They have many uses but mostly for recreational use.

    I am glad to hear you are comfortable around them, and for that reason I would never try to keep you from owning one. Glad to hear you own several, that means you are not only defended in your home but likely enjoy the sport as well.
    Last edited by Dirt Racer; 03-22-13 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Left out part of sentence

  3. #63
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,869

    Re: "Assault Weapons" Ban shot down in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Wasn't aware that the NRA had so much sway over Senate Democrats.
    The NRA scares the living **** out of most politicians.

    That is helping to save our pro-gun bacon for now......
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #64
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: "Assault Weapons" Ban shot down in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Safety of the community. Safety of the nation.
    You also failed to address my question that I asked in this post.

    I honestly believe that as well.... the problem is over half of the firearms named on the bill were not assault weapons. They were just thrown in there for good measure. Is that just ok?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

  5. #65
    Advisor Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    07-14-13 @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    342

    Re: "Assault Weapons" Ban shot down in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Tell me what is the point of a civilian owning an assault rifle? Assault weapons should be banned because they serve no purpose but killing many people in little time without having to worry about reloading. No one needs an assault weapon to protect their house.
    Than what is the point of you owning a bushwhacker here in the states? What is the point of you owning a taser if they can severly injure or possibly kill someone if used improperly? Besides as the left always says, it is unlikely for anyway to get mugged or robbed in their own home? And dont you think that someone could just RELOAD A WEAPON when it goes empty? Which only takes a couple of seconds by the way, thus making a slaughter stall only by a couple of seconds.


    I am 100% in favor of gun ownership. I believe that every American citizen has the right to own a gun or guns, and to use weapons to protect themselves if that arises. Saying that however, I do not believe that a citizen should have the right to own military grade assault weapons.
    And you almighty wise one who knows so much about weapons just like Dianne Feinstein does, define a military grade assault weapon
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    -Benjamin Franklin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •