View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 99 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #981
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    56,005
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Do you know what Dick Cheney asked the CIA to investigate AND do you know what the CIA asked Joe Wilson was asked to investigate? I suspect you don't have clue.
    I know that chapter and verse. You have no idea how detailed is my knowledge of that episode.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #982
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Saddam was the same as Ahmadinejad. You can look at this, but you can't look at that.

  3. #983
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I'm trying to remember the last time an Arab leader stood up and said, "Wait! It's our fault. We're responsible for our country and our society."
    I can't seem to come up with anything. Darn.
    You don't remember the civil war that started in 2007 between the Sunni and Shiites? That wouldn't have happened if the invasion hadn't occurred, the invasion stirred the pot so to speak.


  4. #984
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The "documents that turned out to be forgeries" were never the basis of any claim by anyone. The insertion of them into the discussion was Wilson's egregious contribution to the confusion of the question. Those documents were, however, essential to Wilson's attempt to carve out a putative important role for himself. They were part of his fraud.
    You demonstrate you really have no idea what you're talking about. The forged documents came from an ex-Italian spy, not because Wilson "inserted them" into the discussion. That first of those documents was first brought to the attention of the CIA in 2001 and was the basis for an intelligence report on the matter of Iraq purchasing Uranium from Niger. Also in that report was the mention that there was no corroborating evidence of such a sale. This occurred before Wilson ever entered the picture. A few months later, another document repeating that claim made it to the CIA. This document also preceded Wilson's involvement in the affair, but would be a catalyst for his trip to Niger in order to answer questions opn the matter by vice-president Cheney.

    So for you to claim that it was Wilson who "inserted" them into the "discussion" only serves to reveal your lack of information on the subject. It's all detailed in the Senate Intelligence's prewar intelligence assessment on Iraq report. You should read up on it before making erroneous claims here.

  5. #985
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    56,005
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You don't remember the civil war that started in 2007 between the Sunni and Shiites? That wouldn't have happened if the invasion hadn't occurred, the invasion stirred the pot so to speak.
    Complete nonsense. Sunni and Shia have been killing each other for over a thousand years and will likely still be doing that throughout our lifetimes and beyond. We're no more responsible for that than for the lack of water in the desert.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #986
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I know that chapter and verse. You have no idea how detailed is my knowledge of that episode.
    I am pretty sure you were not at any of those meetings.


  7. #987
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    56,005
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You demonstrate you really have no idea what you're talking about. The forged documents came from an ex-Italian spy, not because Wilson "inserted them" into the discussion. That first of those documents was first brought to the attention of the CIA in 2001 and was the basis for an intelligence report on the matter of Iraq purchasing Uranium from Niger. Also in that report was the mention that there was no corroborating evidence of such a sale. This occurred before Wilson ever entered the picture. A few months later, another document repeating that claim made it to the CIA. This document also preceded Wilson's involvement in the affair, but would be a catalyst for his trip to Niger in order to answer questions opn the matter by vice-president Cheney.

    So for you to claim that it was Wilson who "inserted" them into the "discussion" only serves to reveal your lack of information on the subject. It's all detailed in the Senate Intelligence's prewar intelligence assessment on Iraq report. You should read up on it before making erroneous claims here.
    The forged documents were immediately determined to be forgeries and were never used in any report. Wilson didn't know that, and conflated them with other intelligence that had nothing to do with the forgeries.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #988
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    56,005
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I am pretty sure you were not at any of those meetings.
    Then you would be wrong.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #989
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Complete nonsense. Sunni and Shia have been killing each other for over a thousand years and will likely still be doing that throughout our lifetimes and beyond. We're no more responsible for that than for the lack of water in the desert.
    Well before we invaded, the Sunni pretty much populated Baghdad, after the invasion the Shiites did.


  10. #990
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And no one has produced any proof that he did not. The Brits regard their report as firmly corroborated and all but irrefutable.
    That's complete and utter bullxit. There's no evidence to support that occurred. There's no evidence that Iraq sought Uranium. Citing a third party, who even after 10 years, refuses to cite their source, doesn't justify it.

    And we don't ****ing invade countries because no one can prove another country doesn't have weapons for which we're invading.

    And what the British say is irrelevant. We also don't invade countries based on foreign intelligence agencies when our own intelligence agencies can't confirm the very same allegations.

    Your allegiance to Bush is unjustifiable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •