View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 75 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #741
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    here you go again, minimizing the suffering of the Iraqis.

    I don't know if its callousness, or a lack of understanding that these are real people who are suffering.
    Acknowledging facts is not callousness. If all you want to do is cry, then go for it.

  2. #742
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, they say ignorance is bliss.
    Yes, indeedy, just like when Bremer, the USA's maximum leader in Iraq, disbanded the Baathist Iraq Army and let them all leave with their weapons to begin the insurgency. The screw up of the Century. GWShiiteForBrains gave him the Medal of Freedom and they still can't find Billions of dollars misplaced/unaccounted for under his stewardship.

  3. #743
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Absolutely not. This is a common occurrence after ANY war. There were also insurgents after WW II and Vietnam. It takes TIME for things to settle down.
    your argument is not consistent. If it is still taking time to settle down, maybe it is a bit premature to claim the world is a better place.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  4. #744
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Acknowledging facts is not callousness. If all you want to do is cry, then go for it.
    disregarding the suffering caused by our actions is callousness.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  5. #745
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Yes, indeedy, just like when Bremer, the USA's maximum leader in Iraq, disbanded the Baathist Iraq Army and let them all leave with their weapons to begin the insurgency. The screw up of the Century. GWShiiteForBrains gave him the Medal of Freedom and they still can't find Billions of dollars misplaced/unaccounted for under his stewardship.
    Again, how does this help the Iraqi people? The United States doesn't even know when to get involved in war, how to win a war. Ever hear of Sun Tzu?

  6. #746
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    disregarding the suffering caused by our actions is callousness.
    No one is disregarding the suffering. Acknowledging that there will be suffering after war is not disregarding the suffering. Your statements make no sense.

  7. #747
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Again, how does this help the Iraqi people? The United States doesn't even know when to get involved in war, how to win a war. Ever hear of Sun Tzu?

    My post was accounting for the armed insurgency and the USA culpablility for that insurgency, not an al Queda project, but another USA screw up. That is the same insurgency that caused the deaths of hundreds o thousands of Iraqis that you refuse to blame on the USA, but we are responsible. You can't argue with stupid.

  8. #748
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    My post was accounting for the armed insurgency and the USA culpablility for that insurgency, not an al Queda project, but another USA screw up. That is the same insurgency that caused the deaths of hundreds o thousands of Iraqis that you refuse to blame on the USA, but we are responsible. You can't argue with stupid.
    I never placed blame or no blame. That doesn't accomplish anything. That's right, you CAN'T argue with stupid and ignorance and people who want to dwell on mistakes and bad decisions and add fuel to the fire of hatred. Nice going.

  9. #749
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I never placed blame or no blame. That doesn't accomplish anything. That's right, you CAN'T argue with stupid and ignorance and people who want to dwell on mistakes and bad decisions and add fuel to the fire of hatred. Nice going.

    My point is that if you do not "acknowledge the mistakes of the past, you are doomed to repeat them," not to add fuel to any fires of hatred.

  10. #750
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, they say ignorance is bliss.
    If you have evidence, present it. But saying he was with the absence of evidence illogical.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •