View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 49 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I guess that we can count Germany, Italy, Japan, and Korea as success stories (Of course they started out with an educated population). And there are some others.

    But there are some countries that we should have left alone.
    I agree that we should leave other countries alone for the most part; that includes monetary aid that we give them on a yearly basis.

    I never said I agreed with the wars.

  2. #482
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    what do you define as "the world?"
    Seriously?

  3. #483
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Do you have any evidence of your accusation?

    this has been discussed by numerous analysts, although possibly people who believe their country can do no wrong would choose not to read this.

    here are some examples

    US invasion of Iraqil, the mother of all factors

    American intervention in the Middle East - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    U.S. Military Intervention in Africa: The New Blueprint for Global Domination | Global Research

    The Worldwide Network of US Military Bases | Global Research
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  4. #484
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Seriously?
    yes. seriously.

    I am thinking it includes your back yard, and nowhere else.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  5. #485
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,290

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's only natural that things get worse before they get better in such a situation. I'm sorry that you can't accept what has happened, but it happened and now crying over it online isn't going to change a thing. The thing we need to do is look to the future and not at the past.

    You couldn't be more wrong. We need to look att he past so we do not repeat those mistakes. It's obvious that you live in a Mass Media bubble and have absolutely no knowledge of recent history. Do not read the "history written by the victors," seek the truth. Diverse sources and perspectives. Find the meaning of the word paradigm.

  6. #486
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I agree that we should leave other countries alone for the most part; that includes monetary aid that we give them on a yearly basis.

    I never said I agreed with the wars.
    on a per capita basis, the US is not that generous, and much of the aid is tied - which has limited real benefit to the populace as a whole.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    Do you actually believe that the only reason we went to war with Iraq was because of their oil?

    I've already acknowledged that we (as would any country) would consider what is going to benefit us as well as the rest of the region, perhaps even the world. We were certainly concerned about the oil. We have to be. We also had to secure the oil fields from insurgents. However, we don't have "free" oil. The oil does NOT belong to us.

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    on a per capita basis, the US is not that generous, and much of the aid is tied - which has limited real benefit to the populace as a whole.
    You must be joking. The US gives BILLIONS in foreign aid every year.

  9. #489
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. We need to look att he past so we do not repeat those mistakes. It's obvious that you live in a Mass Media bubble and have absolutely no knowledge of recent history. Do not read the "history written by the victors," seek the truth. Diverse sources and perspectives. Find the meaning of the word paradigm.
    You completely missed my point.

  10. #490
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It's only natural that things get worse before they get better in such a situation. I'm sorry that you can't accept what has happened, but it happened and now crying over it online isn't going to change a thing. The thing we need to do is look to the future and not at the past.
    I am sure you would just pick yourself up and dust yourself off if your country was blown to smithereens, hundreds of thousands of your countrymen were killed and maimed, millions more fled, and the place continued to be more dangerous for you and your family indefinitely into the future.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •