View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 23 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #221
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    More of a fantasist than a reasoner, actually. I await your evidence that either war was to control Iraqi oil.
    I actually believe it wasn't the oil itself but on how they traded it (at least the second war in Iraq). Hussein was going to start trading his oil on Euros instead of Dollars. What happened? American propaganda machine revved up and we're attacking them. As soon as we overthrew Hussein's regime....they were back selling their oil on the dollar.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  2. #222
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There is no evidence whatsoever that either war was over control of Iraq's oil.
    Untrue. Military action was recommended in 2002 in Cheney's Task Force report. The orders given to the troops were to first secure the oil facilities, before the nuclear facilities. Our most important occupation benchmarks was to get the Iraqi oil law changed, and a government in place and strong enough to enforce it. Big oil is back in Iraq now for the first time since 1973, and that only happened due to our invasion and occupation. Mission Accomplished!

    Now what threat did Iraq present to the US or its neighbors that necessitated our attack and occupation in 2003?
    Last edited by Catawba; 03-22-13 at 08:16 PM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #223
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yes, the majority of people were able to reason it out, just like I did, that the reason for the Iraq war was oil, and that we were lied to about a threat, but apparently not just anybody could do that like you said. There are still a few out there that believe that Iraq was a threat to the US.
    Why do you ignore the facts..When we invaded Iraq it was by a 60% favorability.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #224
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yes, the majority of people were able to reason it out, just like I did, that the reason for the Iraq war was oil, and that we were lied to about a threat, but apparently not just anybody could do that like you said. There are still a few out there that believe that Iraq was a threat to the US.
    If what you say is true and we wanted Iraq's oil then why the **** are we paying 4.00 a gallon for gas? Oh and by the way the Iraquis pay .25 a gallon.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #225
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,845
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    I actually believe it wasn't the oil itself but on how they traded it (at least the second war in Iraq). Hussein was going to start trading his oil on Euros instead of Dollars. What happened? American propaganda machine revved up and we're attacking them. As soon as we overthrew Hussein's regime....they were back selling their oil on the dollar.
    The currency chosen by Saddam to trade oil could never be a concern. The costs of complicating his transactions would have been his.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #226
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    More of a fantasist than a reasoner, actually. I await your evidence that either war was to control Iraqi oil.

    Cheney Energy Task Force Documents Feature Map of Iraqi Oil Fields | Judicial Watch

  7. #227
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,845
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Untrue. Military action was recommended in 2002 in Cheney's Task Force report. The orders given to the troops were to first secure the oil facilities, before the nuclear facilities. Our most important occupation benchmarks was to get the Iraqi oil law changed, and a government in place and strong enough to enforce it. Big oil is back in Iraq now for the first time since 1973, and that only happened due to our invasion and occupation. Mission Accomplished!

    Now what threat did Iraq present to the US or its neighbors that necessitated our attack and occupation in 2003?
    Do not mistake my position. I do not claim that Iraq posed any threat. I believe that the decision to invade preceded the WMD intelligence; it did not follow it. Nonetheless, there is zero evidence to support the assertion that the war was to secure Iraq's oil. The orders to secure the oil facilities were to protect Iraq's financial capacity to rebuild, and prevent environmental degradation that would endanger US troops. At no time during our long occupation did the US government act to direct Iraqi oil to US companies.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #228
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,845
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Which means nothing in regard to Iraq war aims.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #229
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,500

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Why do you ignore the facts..When we invaded Iraq it was by a 60% favorability.
    The only reason there was any majority favor in the polls about going to Iraq was because BUSH and his war lords lied their asses off about the intelligence regarding WMD...

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Which means nothing in regard to Iraq war aims.
    One does wonder why we were never let in on the fact that Iraq was just some typical Muslim hotbed of hot air being kept in check by "The Butcher of Bagdad"..................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •