View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 21 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #201
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they didn't. We have another thread on this. They had nothing before then, then or after that said anything of the kind. You had to use al Libi 9tortured and doubted), Curveball (doubted from day one), and Chalibi and his heroes in error (who had betrayed us once already and was doubted), to get where Bush took us. Put the intelligence communities doubts in there as they should have been, doubts they held then, and no, that was not the intel.


    I find it highly ironic that many that defend the war try desperately to blame its starting on others.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they didn't. We have another thread on this. They had nothing before then, then or after that said anything of the kind. You had to use al Libi 9tortured and doubted), Curveball (doubted from day one), and Chalibi and his heroes in error (who had betrayed us once already and was doubted), to get where Bush took us. Put the intelligence communities doubts in there as they should have been, doubts they held then, and no, that was not the intel.
    Sorry, I don't buy to the liberal bull**** conspiracy threads, you are barking up the wrong tree.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Sorry, I don't buy to the liberal bull**** conspiracy threads, you are barking up the wrong tree.
    I know truth and reality is hard to accept. but it has nothing to do with conspiracy. Merely a fact that the intel you hang your hat on came from those three, and it was doubted by the intelligence community. And the administration had to know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know truth and reality is hard to accept. but it has nothing to do with conspiracy. Merely a fact that the intel you hang your hat on came from those three, and it was doubted by the intelligence community. And the administration had to know.
    Because you say so? you remind me of Mel Gibson in that movie

  5. #205
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    Lancet Journal published an article about it. I will get you a link (or someone else will) as soon as their site maintenance is done.

    Stop trying to pretend that the atrocities committed there have anything to do with political ideology. That is asinine Navy. Fact is that we went into that forsaken country based on LIES.

    Don't sit there and ask for a "legit" site when you constantly quote WIKIPEDIA
    Although like I said I mourn the death of every American the Iraq War was the cleanest war we ever have fought with the fewest casualties.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #206
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I find it highly ironic that many that defend the war try desperately to blame its starting on others.
    Like whom? even the dumbest Liberal knows we invaded Iraq and at the time most were for the invasion.....Its great to be able to be a Monday Morning QB my left wing friend.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Maybe. But the world is not a better place because of our bombing, attacking and occupying Iraq. Largely because of our attack on Iraq Al Qaeda has spread to more nations and the USA has less credibility and influence. Also, the people of Iraq are overall worse off than they were under Saddam due to the sectarian violence and instability we unleashed. Remember over a million Iraqis felt that they had to flee the country and many are still living as refugees, creating problems for their host countries.
    Last edited by Hard Truth; 03-22-13 at 07:29 PM.

  8. #208
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    How are the Iraqis better off with hundreds of thousands of dead civilians, a million injured and maimed, another 5 million displaced, and their country blown apart, and a government as corrupt as the last.

    I posted that section above.

    Here you go:

    "The report, Strategic Energy Policy Challenges For The 21st Century, concludes: "The United States remains a prisoner of its energy dilemma. Iraq remains a de-stabilising influence to the flow of oil to international markets from the Middle East. Saddam Hussein has also demonstrated a willingness to threaten to use the oil weapon and to use his own export programme to manipulate oil markets. Therefore the US should conduct an immediate policy review toward Iraq including military, energy, economic and political/ diplomatic assessments."
    The Iraqis are better off because they are now (relatively) free people with a path to a decent future. Action to protect the Saudi and Kuwaiti oil fields was a US policy priority from the first Gulf War. Nothing new or startling there. Access to Iraqi oil was never a war aim in either war.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #209
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Like whom? even the dumbest Liberal knows we invaded Iraq and at the time most were for the invasion.....Its great to be able to be a Monday Morning QB my left wing friend.
    You are merely pointing out how well the war was sold to the public in the US.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #210
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Maybe. But the world is not a better place because of our bombing, attacking and occupying Iraq. Largely because of our attack on Iraq Al Qaeda has spread to more nations and the USA has less credibility and influence. Also, the people of Iraq are overall worse off than they were under Saddam due to the sectarian violence and instability we unleashed. Remember over a million Iraqis felt that they had to flee the country and many are still living as refugees, creating problems for their host countries.
    We have lost creditability because are so called leader Obama has gone to the Islamic nations and kissed their ass....Because of him they think the USA is a paper tiger and they can do anything they want without reprisal...They don't have fear of us anymore.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •