View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 136 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #1351
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That was the Islamists. Surely you know that.

    They were the ones murdering Iraqi citizens and discouraging them from voting. They'll be taking over Iraq soon too,
    Of course they weren't prior to us invading.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1352
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    no, I'll leave that to you liberals
    It was the conservatives that wanted to control the property of Iraq, not liberals.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #1353
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    who said they were grateful?
    I thought you claimed they were better off due to our invasion and occupation. Have you abandoned that position now?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #1354
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I thought you claimed they were better off due to our invasion and occupation. Have you abandoned that position now?
    just because someone is better off, doesn't mean they are grateful. you only have to look at the career welfare bums here to see that.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #1355
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    just because someone is better off, doesn't mean they are grateful. you only have to look at the career welfare bums here to see that.
    So you think you know better than the people of Iraq whether they are better off or not?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #1356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Where is your link to unbiased factual proof of this?

    You say he should 'know' it? Well then I assume you think that you 'know' it.

    And for you to know it, then you must have unbiased, factual proof - otherwise you just believe it, not know it.

    Huge difference.
    You really don't know who was killing the Iraqi people. committing terrorist acts, preventing them from voting?

    I find that unbelievable!!!

  7. #1357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You really don't know who was killing the Iraqi people. committing terrorist acts, preventing them from voting?

    I find that unbelievable!!!
    So you have no link - noted.


    Have a nice day.

  8. #1358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So you have no link - noted.


    Have a nice day.
    LOL!! There are probably only two people in the world who don't know that.

  9. #1359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    LOL!! There are probably only two people in the world who don't know that.
    Still no links huh?

    Noted.

    Until you provide one - your posts will probably be ignored on this subject...I could care less what your opinion is on this.

    And remember, you typed the following:

    'That was the Islamists. Surely you know that.'

    That 'was' the Islamists. Meaning - they were solely responsible.
    Which I assume you mean by 'Islamists' is fundamentalist Muslims who commit violence to further their fundamentalist causes.


    I want to see your link(s) to verified, unbiased, factual proof of this or your statement means ZERO.

    All I am interested in is verified, unbiased facts - not speculation.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-08-13 at 11:42 PM.

  10. #1360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Still no links huh?

    Noted.

    Until you provide one - your posts will probably be ignored on this subject...I could care less what your opinion is on this.

    And remember, you typed the following:

    'That was the Islamists. Surely you know that.'

    That 'was' the Islamists. Meaning - they were solely responsible.
    Which I assume you mean by 'Islamists' is fundamentalist Muslims who commit violence to further their fundamentalist causes.


    I want to see your link(s) to verified, unbiased, factual proof of this or your statement means ZERO.

    All I am interested in is verified, unbiased facts - not speculation.


    Have a nice day.
    You can't google, huh?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •