View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 129 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #1281
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The statement stands on its own.
    What does it mean?

  2. #1282
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I disagree absolutely.
    I know. But it is illegal to mention it otherwise.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1283
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,862
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What does it mean?
    It means what I wrote.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #1284
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,862
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    From the NYT article, here's the key.

    "He made the claim more than once, but gave no supporting evidence. Amid confusing statements by various lawmakers, he later appeared to backtrack in conversations with both The Associated Press and Reuters, saying that because Sismi never had the documents, it could not comment on their merit."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #1285
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It means what I wrote.
    Nonsensical Gibberish.

  6. #1286
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,862
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    No. It means that no claim or statement of belief accompanied the documents.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #1287
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,862
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Out. Be well.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #1288
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    From the NYT article, here's the key.

    "He made the claim more than once, but gave no supporting evidence. Amid confusing statements by various lawmakers, he later appeared to backtrack in conversations with both The Associated Press and Reuters, saying that because Sismi never had the documents, it could not comment on their merit."
    "At about the same time as the State of the Union address, they said that the dossier doesn't correspond to the truth," Senator Brutti said. He said he did not know whether the warning was given before or after President Bush's address.

    He made the claim more than once, but gave no supporting evidence. Amid confusing statements by various lawmakers, he later appeared to backtrack in conversations with both The Associated Press and Reuters, saying that because Sismi never had the documents, it could not comment on their merit.

    There had long been doubts within the United States intelligence community about the authenticity of the yellowcake documents, and references to it had been deleted from other presentations given at the time.

    Senator Luigi Malabarba, who also attended Thursday's hearing, said in a telephone interview that General Pollari had told the committee that Mr. Martino was "offering the documents not on behalf of Sismi but on behalf of the French" and that Mr. Martino had told prosecutors in Rome that he was in the service of French intelligence.

    Source of Forged Niger-Iraq Uranium Documents Identified

  9. #1289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    In terms of allowing them unfettered access to inspect sites? Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post

    The UN disagrees with you.
    Bullxit ... Hans Blix, from the U.N. ...

    "In my 27 January [2003] update to the Council, I said that it seemed from our experience that Iraq had decided in principle to provide cooperation on process, most importantly prompt access to all sites and assistance to UNMOVIC in the establishment of the necessary infrastructure. This impression remains, and we note that access to sites has so far been without problems, including those that had never been declared or inspected, as well as to Presidential sites and private residences." ~ Hans Blix

  10. #1290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    When the documents were passed to the IAEA, the US explicitly declined to vouch for their authenticity.
    WTF are you smoking??

    Colin Powell referred to the forged documents in his presentation to the U.N. when presenting Bush's case against Iraq. That's your idea of declining to vouch for their authenticity? So we knew they were probably fake, but tried to sell them to the U.N. to build a case against Iraq?? Or are you're saying that the Bush administration intentionally lied to the U.N. with the evidence they offered at the hands of Colin Powell??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •