View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 114 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #1131
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It hasn't even been 2 years yet.
    They hung Saddam a lot longer ago than that. How do you determine just when a war like that one is over, anyway?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #1132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    As I noted earlier, I'm quite familiar with the fraudulent docs. They played no role in the SOTU prep, and were easily seen to be forgeries once examined.
    Hell, now you're trying to change what you claimed -- another clear sign you're a fraud.

    You didn't claim the forged documents were not part of the 16 words -- you claimed they were not part of any reports (despite the CIA telling the Congress they were) You also claimed it was Wilson who injected the forged documents into the "discussion" at the time. That is completely false since it was determined that the forged documents came from an Italian spy in 2001 and became public information in 2003, before Wilson ever mentioned them in his OP/ED to the NY Times.

    Oh, and by the way, the National Security Advisor confessed that the 16 words were based on British intelligence AND the forged documents. Regrettably for you, you have nothing but a fervent imagination working overtime to dispute that.

  3. #1133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Are you aware that Saddam profited some 18 billion dollars from the oil for food program, which was part of sanctions. Yup, he let his people starve to death and die and ignored the UN and every one else. This is the man you are defending.

    And do you HONESTLY think Saddam was cooperative with those inspections? That is incredibly naive. I can't even believe it.

    The world is a MUCH better place without him.
    Your non-sequitur aside, there is no evidence that Hans Blix profitted from the oil for food program or had any reason to lie on behalf of Saddam Hussein.

    Do you have anything to argue other than decade old talking points?

    And who cares what you think about Hussein cooperativeness. Blix was there and you were not. And he said they were not only allowed into Iraq, they gained access to virtually every site they wanted, including presidential palaces.

    Now given that, if you want to keep lying for Bush who claimed Hussein woudn't let the inspectors in, that's your business -- but you're not doing yourself any favors; nor are you providing Bush even a plausible deniablity that he lied when he falsely claimed Hussein wouldn't let the inspectors in.

  4. #1134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    squashing that cockroach may well be the main reason why daffy quadaffi quit screwing around with us
    May also very well be the reason Iran cranked up the effort to acquire nukes.

  5. #1135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    In fact that was the reason. Like most of our enemies, GT.W. Bush scared them.

    I like that, "Daffy Qadaffi."

    Qaddafi was so scared of G.W. Bush that he contacted the Americans and told them he was going to destroy his chemical weapons and dismantle his R&D for developing nukes and wanted to join as an ally with America on fighting Al Qaeda.

    That it was Qaddafi's intelligence service that took over enhanced interrogation of captured Al Qaeda for the CIA after the liberals got their panties all wadded up that we used loud rock music, sleep deprivation and standing in a corner for hours butt naked of terrorist who were responsible for killing 3,000 Americans. That the liberals wanted captured Al Qaeda members to be treated better than what a Marine Corps recruit experienced during boot camp.

    Today the only people scared of Barack Obama are our allies wondering if they are next to be thrown under the bus.
    Kaddafi likely killed more Americans than Hussein -- yet Kaddafi cozies up to Bush and the right sing his praise for it.

    Go figgur.

  6. #1136
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Sorry, I've exposed two incredibly weak examples of yours already and have lost faith that you're actually going to provide reputable examples. Good day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You provide the perfect example of how easy it was for the Bush administration to dupe the Congress.

    Here's a prime example where Bush was given intel which provided him "low confidence" in our intelligence community's belief that Hussein would attack the US Homeland, yet Bush acted as though it was practically a given That Hussein would if he had the opportunity:


    • "We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States." ~ George Bush, 10.7.2002 -- after the NIE was in his hands


    • "Some ask how urgent this danger is to America and the world. The danger is already significant, and it only grows worse with time. If we know Saddam Hussein has dangerous weapons today -- and we do -- does it make any sense for the world to wait to confront him as he grows even stronger and develops even more dangerous weapons?" ~ George Bush, 10.7.2002 -- after the NIE was in his hands


    And here's a prime example where Bush was given intel which provided him "low confidence" in our intelligence community's belief that Hussein would give WMD to terrorists to attack us, yet Bush portrayed it as though it were a strong possibility:

    • "Iraq could decide on any given day to provide a biological or chemical weapon to a terrorist group or individual terrorists." ~ George Bush" ~ George Bush, 10.7.2002 -- after the NIE was in his hands


    Meanwhile, though Bush had an intel report informng him that the scare tactics he was using were bullxit, some 95% of the Congress didn't know better because the doubts expressed in the 96 page NIE were not in the 25 page version.

    All members of Congress without Bush clearance had to go by was what Bush was telling him. Since they DIDN'T have the same information Bush had, as many imbeciles try to portray, they couldn't know any better. And who could have known that Bush was bullxitting them??

  7. #1137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    Sorry, I've exposed two incredibly weak examples of yours already and have lost faith that you're actually going to provide reputable examples. Good day.
    Run, Forrest! Run!!!


  8. #1138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Your non-sequitur aside, there is no evidence that Hans Blix profitted from the oil for food program or had any reason to lie on behalf of Saddam Hussein.


    And there is NO evidence that the Bush administration profited from the war with oil either, but you and others don't seem to have a problem with connecting THOSE dots, do you?

    Do you have anything to argue other than decade old talking points?
    Decades old? What the hell are you talking about? We are talking about the Iraq war, which is only ONE decade.

    And who cares what you think about Hussein cooperativeness. Blix was there and you were not. And he said they were not only allowed into Iraq, they gained access to virtually every site they wanted, including presidential palaces.
    My suggestion to you is to read more carefully. You are just wrong. There were places that Saddam would not let them inspect, and there were weapons programs that he kept secret from them.

    Now given that, if you want to keep lying for Bush who claimed Hussein woudn't let the inspectors in, that's your business -- but you're not doing yourself any favors; nor are you providing Bush even a plausible deniablity that he lied when he falsely claimed Hussein wouldn't let the inspectors in.
    And you aren't doing anyone a favor by stating that the world is a worse place without Saddam Hussein in it. That is complete insanity.

  9. #1139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    They hung Saddam a lot longer ago than that. How do you determine just when a war like that one is over, anyway?
    Well, officially the war ended in December 2011. That is when we pulled our troops out.

  10. #1140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    Your non-sequitur aside, there is no evidence that Hans Blix profitted from the oil for food program or had any reason to lie on behalf of Saddam Hussein.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post

    And there is NO evidence that the Bush administration profited from the war with oil either, but you and others don't seem to have a problem with connecting THOSE dots, do you?
    What does that have to do with your inability to prove what you say?? You're defending Bushes lie that Hussein wouldn't let the inspectors in, remember? I know you're trying to take a detour from that since I proved it was a lie, but that ain't gonna happen. I posted a quote from Hans Blix who was not only in Iraq, but said that in the short period they were there, they had already gained access to over 300 sites. You've been all over the map running away from that since.

    Bush said Hussein wouldn't let the inspectors in.

    You repeated, and defended, that lie.

    Hans Blix's testimony indicates you're lying.

    G'head, this is where you insert your next non-sequitur.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    Do you have anything to argue other than decade old talking points?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post

    Decades old? What the hell are you talking about? We are talking about the Iraq war, which is only ONE decade.
    "Decades???"

    Can't you read, Chris?? Where did I said "decades old???" I said, decade old...

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post

    My suggestion to you is to read more carefully.
    Sorry, but I just had to highlight you projecting that immediately after you misread what I wrote.

    Pointing out your lack of self-awareness would be an understatement.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post

    You are just wrong. There were places that Saddam would not let them inspect, and there were weapons programs that he kept secret from them.
    While that was true at one time, it's simply not true at the time Bush decided to invade.

    Blix reported how they performed over 400 inspections at over 300 sites, including presidential palaces. You can continue to lie about the matter, but you cannot prove your lies are not lies.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post

    And you aren't doing anyone a favor by stating that the world is a worse place without Saddam Hussein in it. That is complete insanity.
    What is completely insane is making the blanket statement that the world is a better place without him.

    Of course that's true in most regards, but not all. There were benefits to him being in power, namely, he kept Iran in check. Since he's been gone, Iran has gone full-throttle in developing nukes whereas they wouldn't do that while he was in power because they feared him.

    So while it's true that the world is a better place without him, that doesn't mean we can't talk about the disadvantages about him being gone.

    And the even more salient question is ... was it worth removing him?

    At the cost of over 35,000 American casualties ... between 1 and 2 trillion dollars ... our moral highground lost in the deaths over over 100,000 Iraqis ... I say no, it was not worth it. Not even close.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •