View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 110 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #1091
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I am under no illusions on that score. Just remember this exchange as the issue in question evolves in the future.
    What exchange?

    All I know is you claimed to be attached to the CIA at one time.

    No offense, but I stop reading your post after that (and I had not read any of them before that) until you replied to me.

    I tend to just read the OP, comment (sometimes), reply to any replies to my comment and usually skip through almost all of the other posts.

  2. #1092
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,713
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    What exchange?

    All I know is you claimed to be attached to the CIA at one time.

    No offense, but I stop reading your post after that (and I had not read any of them before that) until you replied to me.

    I tend to just read the OP, comment (sometimes), reply to any replies to my comment and usually skip through almost all of the other posts.
    Fine. Carry on.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #1093
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    As to your second example "We lack specific information....", the 25 page report says, in the sentence right before what would be the full statement of the 96 page report that "Baghdad's vigorous concealment efforts have meant that specific information on many aspects of Iraq's WMD programs is yet to be uncovered". Does that sound that much different from the original 96 page report?

    This is the first of your examples that I've gone over. Are they all going to be this weak?
    There's 71 pages of differences. Those were just among the first few I came across.

    I notice you didn't even respond to the section of "low confidence" at all. I gather that means you don't think that part is "weak."

    Still, what the differences reveal is a) Most of Congress did NOT have the same information Bush and others with his clearance had; and b) the watered down White Paper removed the ambiguity and uncertainties contained in the full NIE.

    The reason being -- to dupe Congress for votes.

  4. #1094
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    All I ask is that you remember this exchange.
    How is it that you know the British Niger claim is true, whereas, the CIA doesn't give it much credence?


  5. #1095
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How is it that you know the British Niger claim is true, whereas, the CIA doesn't give it much credence?
    Why are you even entertaining the notion this guy is who he says he is? He didn't even know about the forged documents and instead, used them to attack Wilson with a rightwing talking point.

  6. #1096
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    This is totally normal after a war.
    You ignore this war was totally due to a mistake on the part of Dick and Bush. There was no WMD, or link to the terrorists that attacked on 9/11. We rained hell down on their country unnecessarily, any you just say this is "totally normal!"


    You have a lot different idea of what is totally normal than most people.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #1097
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    I think you are putting your own spin on what I say.

    The inability to acknowledge the impact the invasion had on the Iraqis, and the inability to accept that it is now well known that people died because politicians from anglo speaking countries lied is what blinds you to the fact that you have swallowed a whole lot of spin, hook line and sinker.
    I totally speak "anglo".
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #1098
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,713
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How is it that you know the British Niger claim is true, whereas, the CIA doesn't give it much credence?
    It is a very complicated story, the explanation of which would be inappropriate in this forum.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #1099
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    The "low confidence" section didn't need to be in the 25 page report, it's what everyone was discussing at the time. Don't you think Clinton, Kerry, Biden, and the many others asked the simple questions posed in the "low confidence" section before agreeing to the Iraq Resolution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    There's 71 pages of differences. Those were just among the first few I came across.

    I notice you didn't even respond to the section of "low confidence" at all. I gather that means you don't think that part is "weak."

    Still, what the differences reveal is a) Most of Congress did NOT have the same information Bush and others with his clearance had; and b) the watered down White Paper removed the ambiguity and uncertainties contained in the full NIE.

    The reason being -- to dupe Congress for votes.

  10. #1100
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It is a very complicated story, the explanation of which would be inappropriate in this forum.
    Well that's par for the course, it seems as though you never back up anything you say. If you are what you say you are, then in my opinion you are an idiot for revealing it, because what posters see is a person (you) who is unquestionable, one never knows whether you are stating fact or an opinion


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •