View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 107 of 152 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #1061
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Your opinion seems focused on the idea of Iraq as being a member of the Sunni Tribe. I'm sure life in Germany was just fine in the 1930s and 1940s if you were a Nazi. Even with the turmoil that Muslim culture in Iraq has presented in the absence of a brutal dictator forcing what you believe to have been favorable to the majority, the country and region is moving to a better a place. Opinions are worthless without a cultural and historical understanding of the issues.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  2. #1062
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's not even logically true. A 25 page report is not the same as a 96 page report.

    Missing from the White Paper was all of the indpeth analysis which was heavily contaminated with ambiguity and uncertainty. The powers that be cleansed the contamination for most of Congress to get their vote on the upcoming authorization to use military force resolution.
    Very good and very true. A watered down idea of things made it easy to pass through the obtuse Congress. Another issue was the living CENTCOM plan that was deemed "outdated" by the Rumsfeld coven. It introduced the turmoil of removing the brutal tyrant and the need for more troops to face it. Such things were not in keeping with a quick drive-by war like what people saw in the Gulf War. Therefore, the Rumsfeld plan took center stage and doomed the Iraqi struggle after the topple. In other words, our professional military made Rumsfeld's retarded military plan look good...until our troops were looking at each other in Baghdad and asking each other, "what next?"

    But don't mistake something done badly for something that needn't been done. A doctor placing a bandaid on a Cancer and screwing up a human body doesn't change the fact that a cancer needed dealt with.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  3. #1063
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Put in the kindest way possible, you are uninformed. Here is a brief excerpt from my cleared resume.

    3. Chief for Africa, CIA, September 2000 June 2003

    Led and managed a staff of several hundred both in Headquarters and dispersed continent wide. Oversaw and managed the full spectrum of operations conducted both unilaterally and in cooperation with allies.
    Anyone can claim to be anything in an anonymous chatroom such as this. Stating your qualificatations is meaningless when you can't even get the facts right.

    As stated, all this information is available in the Senate report I referred you to.

    You claimed the documents were determined to be forgeries "immediately."

    That is false. They were first made available to the CIA in 2001 but weren't revealed to be forgeries until a year and a half later.

    You claimed the forged documents were not part of any reports.

    That is false. The CIA revealed two reports which used them.

    So you can claim to be the President of the United States for all anyone cares. Until you start posting facts and stop making **** up, your credibility will never merit the standard of the position you claim to have.

  4. #1064
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Anyone can claim to be anything in an anonymous chatroom such as this. Stating your qualificatations is meaningless when you can't even get the facts right.

    As stated, all this information is available in the Senate report I referred you to.

    You claimed the documents were determined to be forgeries "immediately."

    That is false. They were first made available to the CIA in 2001 but weren't revealed to be forgeries until a year and a half later.

    You claimed the forged documents were not part of any reports.

    That is false. The CIA revealed two reports which used them.

    So you can claim to be the President of the United States for all anyone cares. Until you start posting facts and stop making **** up, your credibility will never merit the standard of the position you claim to have.
    None of your narrative about the forged documents is accurate.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #1065
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Put in the kindest way possible, you are uninformed. Here is a brief excerpt from my cleared resume.

    3. Chief for Africa, CIA, September 2000 June 2003

    Led and managed a staff of several hundred both in Headquarters and dispersed continent wide. Oversaw and managed the full spectrum of operations conducted both unilaterally and in cooperation with allies.
    Uninformed about what?? I am not impressed with you pulling rank Jack, just because you were there doesn't mean diddilt-**** to me.

    Greetings from Starbucks.


  6. #1066
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Put in the kindest way possible, you are uninformed. Here is a brief excerpt from my cleared resume.

    3. Chief for Africa, CIA, September 2000 June 2003

    Led and managed a staff of several hundred both in Headquarters and dispersed continent wide. Oversaw and managed the full spectrum of operations conducted both unilaterally and in cooperation with allies.
    Very nice. I'd love for you to be my neighbor. I always saw the CIA in my post military career, but family screwed that up. I only had a brief encounter with CIA officials in twenty years.

    As for "uninformed," most are when quoting public knowledge of government events.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  7. #1067
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    [COLOR=#0000FF]Anyone can claim to be anything in an anonymous chatroom such as this. Stating your qualificatations is meaningless when you can't even get the facts right.
    There has to be some measure of trust. Defaulting to mistrusting somebody's stated credentials only serves to allow you to stand by your idea of things.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  8. #1068
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Put in the kindest way possible, you are uninformed. Here is a brief excerpt from my cleared resume.

    3. Chief for Africa, CIA, September 2000 – June 2003

    Led and managed a staff of several hundred both in Headquarters and dispersed continent wide. Oversaw and managed the full spectrum of operations conducted both unilaterally and in cooperation with allies.
    Yeah, and I was GWB's personal assistant.

    Some nameless/faceless guy on an internet chat forum claims to be such and such and you honestly expect me to believe it?

    Man, you sure assume a ton of naivety.

  9. #1069
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Uninformed about what?? I am not impressed with you pulling rank Jack, just because you were there doesn't mean diddilt-**** to me.

    Greetings from Starbucks.
    It might offer a measure of first hand experience into type situations and routine SOPs.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  10. #1070
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    [COLOR=#0000FF]No, your point was that they all had the same information Bush had.
    Whatever the point was, Congress and the public will never have the same information the White House, the CIA, and the Pentagon have. Therefore it is up to the public to educate itself beyond political speeches and sound bytes. If it does not, the public is to blame for its own ignorance.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •