View Poll Results: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 70.16%
  • No

    37 29.84%
Page 10 of 152 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1513

Thread: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

  1. #91
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Yes.

    Doesn't mean the price was acceptable, though.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    On the anniversary of the Iraq war the question begs to be asked.
    I think it is kind of a meaningless question. Iraqis are still suffering, many died, many more displaced, much of their problems still exist, and they still aren't thrilled with us and our invasion. We spent a lot of lives, a lot of money, and still face much of the problems we did before the invasion, if not more.

    So, in the larger scale of things, in the big picture, what did Saddam actually mean?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #93
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The world is a better place now because we don't have GWB in the whitehouse lying us into more wars and driving this country to the brink of economic and moral bankruptcy. The Iraq war has nothing to do with it.
    Yes, because so much has changed in the last 5 years on all of the fronts you speak of Just replace GWB with BHO and your statement still stands.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    as are any and all facts.
    oh wow.. the hurt... the h u r t!... how will I ever recover from the trolling?!?

  5. #95
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Yes, because so much has changed in the last 5 years on all of the fronts you speak of Just replace GWB with BHO and your statement still stands.
    That may be. But no matter what, he merely took over and continued, not started. The problem was always the starting down the road in the first place.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #96
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That may be. But no matter what, he merely took over and continued, not started. The problem was always the starting down the road in the first place.
    That can be said of many, many gov't programs. Once started a gov't program simply grows and its mission morphs into something that the lobbyists and campaign contributors want it to be. We now have over 70 "low income assistance" programs and over 40 "job training" programs.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #97
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That can be said of many, many gov't programs. Once started a gov't program simply grows and its mission morphs into something that the lobbyists and campaign contributors want it to be. We now have over 70 "low income assistance" programs and over 40 "job training" programs.
    Not sure those are bad, but yes. Things are more likely to grow than shrink.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    no
    The "concept" of hatred, disrespect for others is still very much alive.
    It may take a century or a millenium of good works for man, particularly in the middle east to become cilvilized.

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    This is great providing you are a citizen of Iraq...If not, then we have another opinion....of little value.
    I'll not believe our propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Yes. Hell Yes. Damned straight and any other words expressing extreme positives.

  10. #100
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Is the world a better place without Saddam Hussein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That may be. But no matter what, he merely took over and continued, not started. The problem was always the starting down the road in the first place.
    IMO continuing down a path you know is bad is far worse than ignorantly starting down the same path. Pres Obama knew the path we were on was wrong and continued down it. The beginning of Afghanistan was totally warranted. I think we both agree on that. As far as Iraq, Pres Bush, according to him, was led down the wrong path due to WMD's. Whether that's true or not we'll never know for sure. But the fact of the matter is that Pres Obama knew the road we were on and didn't have the balls to say "Screw it, I'm pulling us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Both theaters are dead ends." Instead, he let the SOFA negotiations appear to fail (just my opinion) and doubled down on Afghanistan. He did the same thing Pres Bush did yet he knew the consequences already. Pres Bush didn't have the benefit of history and lessons learned. Pres Obama did. Yet he still doubled down in A-stan. In addition, he increased drone strikes, didn't close Gitmo like he said he would, and got into another ME theater (Libya). The dude's no less a warmonger than Bush and IMO far worse. Go ask a terrorist if he'd rather be waterboarded or hellfired. The only reason you give him a pass is because of that word beside your lean.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 10 of 152 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •