The media covered what ObamaCare (Affordable Health Care Act) was summarily said to be going to do - with us remembering the actual bill was not available to read before voting on it.
So the media presented ObamaCare as Obama told it was:
1. No new taxes
2. Would provide affordable coverage with no discrimination against pre-existing conditions
3. Would reduce insurance coverage prices.
4. Everyone will have health insurance.
Thousands and thousands of hours on the media lamenting people with pre-existing conditions unable to get health insurance - and how wonderful assuring coverage for such people would be!!!
But as the realities unfold, the media has gone silent on the actually realities of what ObamaCare does - and doesn't - do.
1. Never so much as mentioned, ObamaCare adds a 3.8% on the sale of any asset over $200,000.00 such as a home. Since homes factor GREATLY into people's retirement - this a far greater TAX hit on people's assets than the 10% tax on bank account assets proposed in Cyprus.
2. Pre-existing coverage has been cancelled. That part of ObamaCare - its BIGGEST SELLING POINT - has been shutdown by the Obama Administration because after only 130,000 people it is financially broke.
3. Health Insurance premiums are skyrocketing.
4. 10s of millions will NOT be covered under ObamaCare AND many, many employers have made it clear they will either shift more employees to part-time employment (the main source of the boasted of "new jobs created") or will just pay the fine and opt out of insuring employees for how expensive ObamaCare insurance will be.
Media told us the myths and promises incessantly - but now puts a veil of silence over the actual true realities.
And of this - the media is essentially silent. It media silence for the purpose of covering up the true realities of ObamaCare?