View Poll Results: Is today's CORPORATISM any different from King George III?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    4 25.00%
  • No!

    4 25.00%
  • There is no comparison!

    2 12.50%
  • Corporatism is Fascism in disguise!

    5 31.25%
  • Corporatism is a wonderful thing!

    1 6.25%
  • Corporate Banksters have replaced King George!

    7 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Putting Corporations in their place.

  1. #11
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I live in the boonies. I don't need even one Corporation. The point is that the Country doesn't need Corporations that are "too big to fail" and have accumulated overreaching political powers. If you like the big banksters up your rectum, that's on you. As for me, I'd prefer hemmhroids.

    As it is, you have both.

  2. #12
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Really? So you're fine with corporations making as much money as legally possible?

    As long as it does not endanger living, breathing entities. You will note that Corporations are fictitious entities and not subject to living, breathing problems.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If that's true, then why haven't liberals fought for campaign finance reform? That's all it would take, after all.
    What do you propose? Every avenue I can think of to limit the influence would be shot down by this current Supreme Court. Just like the last campaign finance reform measure fought for by liberals was.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I live in the boonies. I don't need even one Corporation. The point is that the Country doesn't need Corporations that are "too big to fail" and have accumulated overreaching political powers. If you like the big banksters up your rectum, that's on you. As for me, I'd prefer hemmhroids.
    I live in the boonies as well..... and I don't think you've thought the " I don't need even one corporation" schtick through.

    " too big to fail " is an abomination.... but worse, it's a choice that your government has made into a truth.
    they too can fail.. they too can be held accountable... if the government chooses to make it so....it's no surprise that cowards will make cowardly choices.

    do your part by not doing business with "too big to fail" corporations or those who you personally believe "overreach".
    I don't do business with mega banks, mega corporations, or public sector unions myself... at least not directly... it makes me feel dirty to mess with 'em

  5. #15
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    The reason you laugh is because you miss the point. We don't want to stop profit. We want to stop those who make profit from dominating politics. There is a difference, and it is an important one, obviously. At least I hope it is obvious to you. It would be unfortunate if it wasn't, and you were still laughing.
    Actually it looks like you have missed the point. My comment was that I laugh when people complain about corporations only caring about making money. Someone truly ok with profit wouldn't be indignant about corporations caring about making money.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    What do you propose? Every avenue I can think of to limit the influence would be shot down by this current Supreme Court. Just like the last campaign finance reform measure fought for by liberals was.
    we can start by restricting the actions of candidates for office instead of trying to restrict the political speech of citizens.

    unfortunately, politicians aren't going to cut their own throats.. they will continue to prefer to cut ours.

  7. #17
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Actually it looks like you have missed the point. My comment was that I laugh when people complain about corporations only caring about making money. Someone truly ok with profit wouldn't be indignant about corporations caring about making money.
    This thread has nothing to do with corporations making money. Absolutely nothing. You probably did not read the link.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Actually it looks like you have missed the point. My comment was that I laugh when people complain about corporations only caring about making money. Someone truly ok with profit wouldn't be indignant about corporations caring about making money.
    And again, it is truly you who have missed the point. In order for your notion to be the point, people would be proposing the abolishment of profit. They are not. Instead, they are proposing the abolishment of power following money. Saying "all they care about is money", is a way of pointing out that such single mindedness makes them unfit for political influence.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  9. #19
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    And again, it is truly you who have missed the point. In order for your notion to be the point, people would be proposing the abolishment of profit. They are not. Instead, they are proposing the abolishment of power following money. Saying "all they care about is money", is a way of pointing out that such single mindedness makes them unfit for political influence.
    However you try to justify the comment, a comment like that shows a complete lack of understanding as to the very reason for a corporations existence. It also shows a lack of awareness that a profitable business is actually a good thing.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Putting Corporations in their place.

    The concept of corporate personhood isn't half as funny as the OP swearing up and down that he's a conservative...while linking Daily KOS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •