View Poll Results: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Having children is a moral obligation to God/society/family/etc.

    9 3.93%
  • No, they are free not to have children. They don't have to answer to anybody

    161 70.31%
  • Not if they have reproductive problems.

    2 0.87%
  • Yes, even if they have reproductive problems. They can adopt, you know.

    1 0.44%
  • They should get a medal for lowering world population.

    44 19.21%
  • Other

    10 4.37%
  • I don't know.

    2 0.87%
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 522

Thread: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    assuming i meet someone who i feel is not going to turn my life into a nightmare, i'd like to have at least one kid. that being said, i don't get some societal gold star if i **** successfully, and i don't get a demerit if i don't. having kids is a choice, not a requirement. there are many ways to contribute to society, and if your only contribution is ****ing, then you're not contributing much, IMO.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Lol. Maybe the childless are actually helping out with the gene pool a bit, in which case we owe them a debt of gratitude. .

    So when we reduce our families...the third word is breeding willy-nilly...

    Shouldn't we be more concerned about this??

  3. #63
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,168

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    So when we reduce our families...the third word is breeding willy-nilly...

    Shouldn't we be more concerned about this??
    Yes. And we should aim towards helping them reduce their own numbers, not increasing ours.

    After all, part of the reason they're third world countries is because they breed to the point where they have no time to pursue education, and no ability to care for themselves or their multitudinous offspring.

    And the reason for that is because they have little access to birth control, and there's a lot of rape going on. The fact of the matter is this: when you give women a choice in the matter, most of them will not choose to pump out an entire football team, nor are they built to. Most will have a couple, some will have none, and some will have more.

  4. #64
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    So when we reduce our families...the third word is breeding willy-nilly...

    Shouldn't we be more concerned about this??
    I don't know enough to say one way or the other. The third world is just as you say, but I have learned not to worry too much about those things over which I have no control. We'll see the consequences of the third world population explosion soon enough, and hopefully endemic poverty won't be the unhappy outcome in the end. It hasn't proven to be in the past, but we're in uncharted territory in sheer numbers now. I will note that extraordinary people rather routinely come from unlikely backgrounds. I do view this procreation business as a personal choice (made much easier by medical advances) to be respected.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Yes. And we should aim towards helping them reduce their own numbers, not increasing ours.

    After all, part of the reason they're third world countries is because they breed to the point where they have no time to pursue education, and no ability to care for themselves or their multitudinous offspring.

    And the reason for that is because they have little access to birth control, and there's a lot of rape going on. The fact of the matter is this: when you give women a choice in the matter, most of them will not choose to pump out an entire football team, nor are they built to. Most will have a couple, some will have none, and some will have more.
    We pump billions of pounds into Africa etc..nothing changes..we are still faced with dying and sick children..as a taxpayer here..I would like a breakdown of where these billions of pounds have gone..War lords??..Greasing the palms of big businessmen??

    To be sure..Female contraception is the last thing on the list..

    African men have a code..If it is willing (or not) screw it..

    Africa is rife with AIDS..and it's children..

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    Of course not. No one has the duty to have children, and if a married couple chooses that kids aren't right for them then that in no way makes them inferior to those that do have children.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #67
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    Many couples don't have children for various reasons. Should they be considered inferior in society?
    People make choice in their lives and to make the choice NOT to procreate is something they decide - no one else. I'm assuming you mean those that CHOOSE to remain childless. There are instances however that for whatever fertility reason, people run into difficulty having children. Do I see those people as inferior? No - mostly because I am one of those people and do not see myself as inferior simply because I could not at one time, become pregnant.

    Are people inferior who adopt? Hell no.

    What exactly does your question imply, is what I'm wondering. Choices are a lot different than circumstances. Maybe a bit of clarification is needed as to why you pose such a question?

  8. #68
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    A couple choosing to be childless simply to play their part in reducing the world's population when it would be in their multi-faceted best interest to have children is like people choosing to be vegetarians or vegans for the political/ethics of it when their specific blood type/biological nature requires they eat meat in order to thrive.

    It's just really self-defeatingly dumb.

    If everyone who wants to have children limited the number of children they had a part in creating to two then they would not be participating in growing the population, and those who naturally chose to have one child or no children would function to reduce the population.

    The resultant negative population change rate would, over time, eliminate over-population .. and eliminate poverty soon thereafter as a result.

    That's one of the reasons I'm watching the new pope -- to see what his position on the modern-day insane "go into all the world and multiply [like rabbits!]" historic Catholic edict will be, if he has the rosaries to rescind it, so places like Mexico City can stop the senseless breeding and have a chance to lift themselves out of their miserable squalor with the help of some U.N. charity in the form of birthcontrol.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    Without question - considering others to be inferior , for any reason, is the worst possible thing. And, it is one of our "national problems" which will be solved , over time...
    The first thing to learn is honesty.
    And this applies to all of us, including me.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should childless couples be considered inferior?

    IMO, those who adopt are "superior", BUT, we cannot overdo this inferior/superior thing...Best to be slightly judgmental..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    People make choice in their lives and to make the choice NOT to procreate is something they decide - no one else. I'm assuming you mean those that CHOOSE to remain childless. There are instances however that for whatever fertility reason, people run into difficulty having children. Do I see those people as inferior? No - mostly because I am one of those people and do not see myself as inferior simply because I could not at one time, become pregnant. ..

    Are people inferior who adopt? Hell no.


    What exactly does your question imply, is what I'm wondering. Choices are a lot different than circumstances. Maybe a bit of clarification is needed as to why you pose such a question?

Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •