View Poll Results: How much do you care about who the next Pope is?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • I care a lot. It means everything to me.

    8 5.76%
  • I could care less.

    70 50.36%
  • What's a pope?

    5 3.60%
  • I care, but it doesn't need as much press as it's getting.

    23 16.55%
  • Who won the hockey game last night is far more important.

    20 14.39%
  • other - please explain

    27 19.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 494

Thread: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

  1. #471
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I'm sure that when he's been in office for 10 years
    Based on average life expectancy statistics...in 10 years..... the current, newly elected pope, won't be pope.

  2. #472
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    That's just it--you don't hope I'm right; you fervently hope I'm wrong and have already made up your mind.
    I'm going by the track record of past Popes who have known full well about the problem and have pretended it didn't exist. I see no reason to think this guy will be any different. I hope you're right though, although being right will entirely destroy the church financially, although I think that's already a foregone conclusion.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #473
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Based on average life expectancy statistics...in 10 years..... the current, newly elected pope, won't be pope.
    They ought to stop electing old guys.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #474
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    They ought to stop electing old guys.
    I'd like to think they're smart enough to not elect a guy who could hold "office" for 40 years, but I'm guessing it's more about making sure the guy they elect is completely under control and not some hip-shooting cowboy that might go all whacky-crazy and say something like: "Condoms are actually very smart things for people to use when they have sex."

  5. #475
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    And you say that based on what evidence?
    The lack of evidence for your presumed objective moral side.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  6. #476
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    The lack of evidence for your presumed objective moral side.
    Or pretty much anything else in his belief system.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #477
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,953

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I'd like to think they're smart enough to not elect a guy who could hold "office" for 40 years, but I'm guessing it's more about making sure the guy they elect is completely under control and not some hip-shooting cowboy that might go all whacky-crazy and say something like: "Condoms are actually very smart things for people to use when they have sex."
    What I think is that you have very little understanding of the purpose, the process, or the point.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I'm going by the track record of past Popes who have known full well about the problem and have pretended it didn't exist. I see no reason to think this guy will be any different. I hope you're right though, although being right will entirely destroy the church financially, although I think that's already a foregone conclusion.
    How do you know the previous popes knew about the Gay Pedophile priests?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #479
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    How do you know the previous popes knew about the Gay Pedophile priests?
    Pedophiles are not gay. You have had this repeatedly documented for you. Why do you continue to spread the lie?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #480
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,953

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    I thought some pedophiles were gay while some were straight.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •