View Poll Results: How much do you care about who the next Pope is?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • I care a lot. It means everything to me.

    8 5.76%
  • I could care less.

    70 50.36%
  • What's a pope?

    5 3.60%
  • I care, but it doesn't need as much press as it's getting.

    23 16.55%
  • Who won the hockey game last night is far more important.

    20 14.39%
  • other - please explain

    27 19.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 494

Thread: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

  1. #461
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Like I have said many times..........I don't worship the Church...I worship Jesus Christ and so does every Catholic I know.
    Maybe instead of "worshiping" him, you should try to be more like him and follow his actual teachings.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #462
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    03-19-13 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    937

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Shouldn't matter much to non-Catholics.

    Some old guy isn't likely going to fix all the problems or make any significant changes to a church of what hundreds of millions?
    One learns more by listening than talking.

  3. #463
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Are you saying murder could possibly be good, and charity could be evil?
    It's almost all subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    I dig the dude. He acts like Jesus of Nazreth.

  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    It's almost all subjective.
    And you say that based on what evidence?

  6. #466
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,953

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    I've just read this article about Pope Francis saying Mass next Thursday in a prison for young offenders. I like it. Pope Francis breaks the mould again with ceremony at prison instead of St Peter's - Telegraph

  7. #467
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I've just read this article about Pope Francis saying Mass next Thursday in a prison for young offenders. I like it. Pope Francis breaks the mould again with ceremony at prison instead of St Peter's - Telegraph
    And when is he going to start turning over pedophile priests to the authorities? Think he's going to break that mold too? Me either.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #468
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,953

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    And when is he going to start turning over pedophile priests to the authorities? Think he's going to break that mold too? Me either.
    I know you don't want to miss even an itty-bitty opportunity, but you're a little over-eager here. The man's held the job for only 8 days, LOL. How about you give him, oh, a couple of weeks to, you know, get through Holy Week and set up his household and unpack?

    I happen to be optimistic. Saint Francis felt that he had a command from Jesus to clean His house, and perhaps this is one reason Bergoglio chose "Francis" as his name.

  9. #469
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I know you don't want to miss even an itty-bitty opportunity, but you're a little over-eager here. The man's held the job for only 8 days, LOL. How about you give him, oh, a couple of weeks to, you know, get through Holy Week and set up his household and unpack?

    I happen to be optimistic. Saint Francis felt that he had a command from Jesus to clean His house, and perhaps this is one reason Bergoglio chose "Francis" as his name.
    I'm sure that when he's been in office for 10 years, we'll still be wondering when he's going to turn over every single last one of the pedophile priests that Benedict left him records on. I hope you're right, I'm just not holding my breath.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #470
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,953

    Re: Do you REALLY care about the next Pope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I'm sure that when he's been in office for 10 years, we'll still be wondering when he's going to turn over every single last one of the pedophile priests that Benedict left him records on. I hope you're right, I'm just not holding my breath.
    That's just it--you don't hope I'm right; you fervently hope I'm wrong and have already made up your mind.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •