View Poll Results: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 47.06%
  • No

    20 39.22%
  • Can't say I've thought about it.

    7 13.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115

Thread: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense, are you high? Mentally challenged?
    You're asking me that, instead of the guy who successfully beat the crap out of another guy with his bare hands and carries a gun so he can kill someone he's quite capable of just beating up, if the situation ever repeats itself? The guy who said America is a landfill and it's citizens are trash?

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Another lie posted by you, show us where I stated I hoped I could be robbed and stabbed again. I am totally against abortion but your lying along with your thought process is making me seriously consider rethink that.
    got amnesia?

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    [QUOTE=Thrilla;1061566863]you did a horrible job selling your story....none of it was compelling.

    when/if a stranger pull a knife on you... please, ask him about his kids....and make sure not to hate him.
    not much more I can say to you.

    don't worry, if i ever get robbed, i will indeed not hate him nor use the robbery as an excuse to murder him. my gun is only for defense of my children, my husbands and myself, not for defense of petty cash with deadly force. and yeah i will ask him about his kids. because he's probably in a state of desperation and if i can help his kids, i will.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    i've been carrying for over 40 years....the criminals on the street i've come into contact with smartened up real quick.
    were I not armed, things may not have gone so well for me

    I have zero problem with killing violent predators in self defense.... not a single problem at all.

    his "minor robbery" resulted in a stab wound...and no many how many words you type, you will not get me to champion the violent criminal over the victim.... it's futile for you to try.
    he was sitting on top of the guy when the cops arrived. that's not satisfying enough for him, he wishes he could have killed the guy. I'll be sure not to convince a fool against his will, that he's not a victim, but an offender waiting for an excuse to kill someone legally. .

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    [QUOTE=AmericanWoman76;1061566907]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you did a horrible job selling your story....none of it was compelling.

    when/if a stranger pull a knife on you... please, ask him about his kids....and make sure not to hate him.
    not much more I can say to you.

    don't worry, if i ever get robbed, i will indeed not hate him nor use the robbery as an excuse to murder him. my gun is only for defense of my children, my husbands and myself, not for defense of petty cash with deadly force. and yeah i will ask him about his kids. because he's probably in a state of desperation and if i can help his kids, i will.
    good luck with that winning strategy

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post
    he was sitting on top of the guy when the cops arrived. that's not satisfying enough for him, he wishes he could have killed the guy. I'll be sure not to convince a fool against his will, that he's not a victim, but an offender waiting for an excuse to kill someone legally. .
    your argument is ****ing stupid.

    he was a victim of a violent crime... he is not the offender.... get your **** together.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    [QUOTE=Thrilla;1061566933]
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanWoman76 View Post

    good luck with that winning strategy
    I don't need luck, the best possible outcome would be for me to meet Jesus sooner than I expected, and every other possible outcome is pretty good too.

  8. #108
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    03-19-13 @ 02:59 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    I don't believe carrying a gun is about someone's sense of empowerment. It is about our right to defense. It is about the fabric of our Country.

    The Founding Fathers of this Country had one huge concern. And the Constitution was written because of this one concern.

    The 2nd Amendment was written with a Tyrannical Government in mind. IN FACT, the Constitution was written with that in mind because that is what the founding fathers wanted to escape and avoid with their new found freedom.


    I wanted to edit to say that I am a victim of a nearly point blank range hold up with a .38 GSW to my Lower spine which took out a disk between L4 and L5 vertebrae.

    I have never understood why victims are so desirous to want to destroy the fabric of our Country simply because they have been wronged within the system.
    I was shot, not because guns are legal. But because that type of thing happens to some people.

    I could have put SOME BLACK PERSON in prison when the police kept bringing suspects up to my ambulance asking me if this is the guy is that the guy.
    I told them what he was wearing and out of the 20 people they brought to the window they only brought 2 who looked very close to the guy who shot me.
    If the guy got away with shooting me then so be it. But I refused to put someone away who didn't shoot me just because of the attitude that "SOMEONE MUST PAY BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN WRONGED." Which is a concept I see happen a lot of times in this Country.

    If anyone should have the desire to have guns made illegal it should be me. But just the opposite. I understand that the 2nd Amendment had Nothing to do with gun violence or people losing their way. It has to do with the freedom of WE THE PEOPLE! Those of you who do not understand this need to do a lot more thinking before you get involved in this type of discussion. I cannot write enough to make you understand. You must think about this and stop rationalizing all the subjective reasoning. Objective reasoning is all that matters in something like this.
    Last edited by MichaelShawn; 03-14-13 at 03:45 AM.

  9. #109
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    What you did actuallys strikes me as particularly illegal - assuming you're not a cop and depending upon which state.

    "Don't move" for 2 hours holding a shotgun on them for trespassing? Anyone reading this should NOT follow that course of action.
    Something about that didn't strike me as entirely kosher either.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    re: Does carrying a gun increase your sense of empowerment? [W:112]

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelShawn View Post
    I don't believe carrying a gun is about someone's sense of empowerment. It is about our right to defense. It is about the fabric of our Country.

    The Founding Fathers of this Country had one huge concern. And the Constitution was written because of this one concern.

    The 2nd Amendment was written with a Tyrannical Government in mind. IN FACT, the Constitution was written with that in mind because that is what the founding fathers wanted to escape and avoid with their new found freedom.


    I wanted to edit to say that I am a victim of a nearly point blank range hold up with a .38 GSW to my Lower spine which took out a disk between L4 and L5 vertebrae.

    I have never understood why victims are so desirous to want to destroy the fabric of our Country simply because they have been wronged within the system.
    I was shot, not because guns are legal. But because that type of thing happens to some people.

    I could have put SOME BLACK PERSON in prison when the police kept bringing suspects up to my ambulance asking me if this is the guy is that the guy.
    I told them what he was wearing and out of the 20 people they brought to the window they only brought 2 who looked very close to the guy who shot me.
    If the guy got away with shooting me then so be it. But I refused to put someone away who didn't shoot me just because of the attitude that "SOMEONE MUST PAY BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN WRONGED." Which is a concept I see happen a lot of times in this Country.

    If anyone should have the desire to have guns made illegal it should be me. But just the opposite. I understand that the 2nd Amendment had Nothing to do with gun violence or people losing their way. It has to do with the freedom of WE THE PEOPLE! Those of you who do not understand this need to do a lot more thinking before you get involved in this type of discussion. I cannot write enough to make you understand. You must think about this and stop rationalizing all the subjective reasoning. Objective reasoning is all that matters in something like this.
    you ever watch "Everybody Hates Chris"? Everybody Hates Chris: Racist Cop - YouTube

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •