View Poll Results: Which of these two presidents was better?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • George Herbert Walker Bush

    23 62.16%
  • George W. Bush

    7 18.92%
  • They were about the same.

    7 18.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Which of these two presidents was better?

  1. #11
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    Both are fine men and served your country well - the fact they left the Presidency the way they did, refusing to criticize those that followed and keeping out of the headlines while others serve in that office, is a lesson all former Presidents should learn, particularly those named Carter, Clinton, and soon Obama.

  2. #12
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Both are fine men and served your country well - the fact they left the Presidency the way they did, refusing to criticize those that followed and keeping out of the headlines while others serve in that office, is a lesson all former Presidents should learn, particularly those named Carter, Clinton, and soon Obama.
    Very true statement about their grace upon leaving office. Both have been virtually silent since leaving. While I understand Bill Clinton has a hard time doing that due to Hillary, Carter has mucked up so much since he left that he needs to be locked away. I would wager my retirement that Pres Obama will be the biggest headline seeker post Presidency in the history of the country. The guy can't let go of the spotlight. He's still friggin campaigning for heaven's sake.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Very true statement about their grace upon leaving office. Both have been virtually silent since leaving. While I understand Bill Clinton has a hard time doing that due to Hillary, Carter has mucked up so much since he left that he needs to be locked away. I would wager my retirement that Pres Obama will be the biggest headline seeker post Presidency in the history of the country. The guy can't let go of the spotlight. He's still friggin campaigning for heaven's sake.
    Actually, GHWB hasn't been "too" silent. He's actually teamed up with Slick Willie to do some altruistic work and public advertisements for certain charities and foundations. He's hit a bit of a philanthropic streak in his post-prez years, and when the both of them were together it really looked like a bipartisan effort toward the advancement of American humanitarianism.

    Dubya has been very silent, but that's because tens of millions of Americans still blame him for killing their houseplants and their cars breaking down on the way to work - even to this day. Did you hear Bush 43 also shot Kennedy and came up with the original concept of "new Coke"? May he rot in hell for everything people falsely accuse him of doing.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    About the same.... AWFUL. Just like every other POTUS since 1860.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    President Bush the Elder did less harm, but had less time to accomplish conservatism, or bad things.
    In my opinion
    He, Bush 1, should not have fallen in love with this silly "tax" thing.

  6. #16
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    115

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    I wasn't around for GHWB so I voted Dubya

  7. #17
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Actually, GHWB hasn't been "too" silent. He's actually teamed up with Slick Willie to do some altruistic work and public advertisements for certain charities and foundations. He's hit a bit of a philanthropic streak in his post-prez years, and when the both of them were together it really looked like a bipartisan effort toward the advancement of American humanitarianism.

    Dubya has been very silent, but that's because tens of millions of Americans still blame him for killing their houseplants and their cars breaking down on the way to work - even to this day. Did you hear Bush 43 also shot Kennedy and came up with the original concept of "new Coke"? May he rot in hell for everything people falsely accuse him of doing.
    I meant silent politically. Bush Sr has been very hands off in the political realm. I think anyone worth their salt would do the charity work he's done with Clinton.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    GW by a long shot, solidified my retirement with some of the best financial years of my adult life

  9. #19
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    I don't think we've had a competent president in quite some time. Every one in my life wanted to grow government in some form. It continues today, and not a single one of them has wanted to get government out of affair that it has no business being in.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  10. #20
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Which of these two presidents was better?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Which of these two presidents was better? George Herbert Walker Bush or George W. Bush?
    I respect GHWB far, far more than either of his sons.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •