View Poll Results: Should We Always Support the Troops

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    36 63.16%
  • No

    21 36.84%
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 215

Thread: Should We Always Support the Troops?

  1. #131
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I am in the military, and I can tell you, that if you do not support the war you should not pander to us. I do not want your support if you do not believe in what I am doing. The military is a volunteer force and its members believe in the path we are taking, otherwise they would not volunteer to join the military. Conflicts just don't start overnight. There generally is a common knowledge as to who our potential enemies are. And it generally is fairly easy to see who we will probably be in the next conflict with. So if a Soldier, Airmen or Marine joins the military they are effectively saying they agree to support the governments geopolitical agenda.

    So no, if you dont support the war, don't support the troops. I certainly would appreciate it more than being pondered to and smiled at while at the same time you walk the picket line protesting the money that goes into giving our troops what they need to fight the war.
    Thank you! This is exactly my point! It's no secret what the US military has been used for during these past decades.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #132
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    No, I was just making the way of life you clearly take for granted possible.
    What threat to my freedom did you personally or even partially prevent?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #133
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    I think you are incorrect. Each act can be judged stand alone.
    This is a high level concept where we are of different. It's basic to logic.
    No, actuallly that is not logical. It's the code which says that the ends justifies the means, and if an end requires immoral means, then the end is also immoral.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #134
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    No military action of the past few decades was used to defend my freedom. Actually, I'd go all the way back to the Revolutionary War, but that's just me.


    Personally, I would not include the Pearl Harbor attack in that description, but that's just me. Otherwise, I tend to agree.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #135
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Despite what they do? Even if they are in unjust wars? Even if they are committing massacres?
    "The troops" do not commit massacres. Some of the troops might. I will always support "the troops", while conbdemning those troops who do things worthy of condemnation.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #136
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Personally, I would not include the Pearl Harbor attack in that description, but that's just me. Otherwise, I tend to agree.
    The only reason I include it is because Roosevelt knew about it and tried to prompt a Japanese attack with an oil embargo.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #137
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    What threat to my freedom did you personally or even partially prevent?
    You libertarian tough guys crack me up. It's always "me me me, what did you do for me" with you people. Do even realize what happens to us if South Korea goes under? They're in the top 3 of our strongest economic allies in the world, and they welcome us with open arms. If North Korea destroys them, it's going to have a huge impact on you, since that's all you seem to care about.

    Not to mention the millions of people who will die without our military presence there, but you don't care about that because it doesn't involve you.

    In New Mexico we tested and maintained domestic defense systems to improve your security from any number of threats you probably don't even realize exist.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #138
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    You libertarian tough guys crack me up. It's always "me me me, what did you do for me" with you people. Do even realize what happens to us if South Korea goes under? They're in the top 3 of our strongest economic allies in the world, and they welcome us with open arms. If North Korea destroys them, it's going to have a huge impact on you, since that's all you seem to care about.

    Not to mention the millions of people who will die without our military presence there, but you don't care about that because it doesn't involve you.
    1. Is North Korea the threat that you say it is? Their economy is a mess.
    2. Does South Korea have apparently no military capability?
    3. Do you think US involvement wouldn't also increase civilian casualties?
    4. It's not our business to police the world.

    In New Mexico we tested and maintained domestic defense systems to improve your security from any number of threats you probably don't even realize exist.
    Because they don't exist.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #139
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    1. Is North Korea the threat that you say it is? Their economy is a mess.
    So is ours. Didn't stop our military, did it?

    2. Does South Korea have apparently no military capability?
    Not in the strength required to repel reinforcements from China.

    3. Do you think US involvement wouldn't also increase civilian casualties?
    Not being there means South Koreans are mass murdered, and imprisoned in places like Haengyong.

    4. It's not our business to police the world.
    It is our responsibility to help a friend in need.

    Because they don't exist.
    Of course they do.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #140
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Should We Always Support the Troops?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    So is ours. Didn't stop our military, did it?
    Don't even try to compare a depressed US economy to a Communist economy.

    Not in the strength required to repel reinforcements from China.
    What does China have to gain from getting involved?

    Not being there means South Koreans are mass murdered, and imprisoned in places like Haengyong.
    Our being there means they get bombed to death.

    It is our responsibility to help a friend in need.
    Funny how those friends get selected.

    Of course they do.
    Other than for blowback, what countries are intending to do anything against the US?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •